Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhmedDavid)
    Lol I also thought you were a boy

I also researched UGS when I saw your name and I thought you had the name Dr. UGS to stand for

Urmston Grammar School

a sixth form based in Manchester lol
    You just made me LOL :ahee:

Thats actually a really clever way to make sense of my name! Taking into account im from Manchester! Nice one Although I never went to UGS

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I thought it was a reference to Ugg Boots....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.Systole)
    To be honest I thought it was a reference to Ugg Boots....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    second person to think that I dont even own a set of those

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Going to a comprehensive school can be mitigating circumstance (an example I can give is my own, I went to a sixth form that was the WORST in Manchester and has the lowest pass rate. ALL my friends walked out with Es and Us which really shows that going to a certain school can effect your performance) For this reason, my application was flagged for Keele medical school as well as Manchester last year. So you would be at a slight advantage.

I would suggest you check on the gov website to see where your school stands and have a look at what universities consider as extenuating circumstances and the contextual flagging criteria.
    Keele flag students who went to poor performing schools? source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MX123)
    Keele flag students who went to poor performing schools? source?
    I have spoken to the admissions tutors on numerous occasions last year because I attended quite a few of the medical events held there

Here is a document that outlines how they flag. My application was definitely flagged last year as I asked them it after I sent it off.

http://www.keele.ac.uk/health/school...gy%20final.pdf

If you look at Page 9 you will find the reference.

I think they have adopted some of the strategies from Manchester Medical school as they initiated Keele Med school!

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    I have spoken to the admissions tutors on numerous occasions last year because I attended quite a few of the medical events held there

Here is a document that outlines how they flag. My application was definitely flagged last year as I asked them it after I sent it off.

http://www.keele.ac.uk/health/school...gy%20final.pdf

If you look at Page 9 you will find the reference.

I think they have adopted some of the strategies from Manchester Medical school as they initiated Keele Med school!

Hope that helps
    Thanks!

That's great, I'll phone tomorrow to confirm if I have a flag

Are you reapplying there?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone link me to where I can find out if my school is a poor performing school - Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MX123)
    Thanks!

That's great, I'll phone tomorrow to confirm if I have a flag

Are you reapplying there?
    Thats good! Keele is an amazing med school. Still my favorite!

And I cant reapply as I was rejected post interview They have a policy regarding reapplicants

ReputationRep:
    Can someone link me to where I can find out if my school is a poor performing school - Thanks
    http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/performance/

ReputationRep:
    To keep you all motivated and as a bit of a shameless self-promotional plug, I've a freshers blog if anyone fancies a read

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2464272

ReputationRep:
    Thats good! Keele is an amazing med school. Still my favorite!

And I cant reapply as I was rejected post interview They have a policy regarding reapplicants
    Ah, well good luck with your other choices

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, Ive seen that but how would you know if you meet the contextual boxes and your school is a poorly performing school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MX123)
    Ah, well good luck with your other choices
    same to you Where else are you applying? What was your UKCAT?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, Ive seen that but how would you know if you meet the contextual boxes and your school is a poorly performing school
    you will know if your school is under performing when you see that it has 0% of pupils achieving ABB/AAB or above in 2012.

whats your college name? I will have a look for you if you want

ReputationRep:
    same to you Where else are you applying? What was your UKCAT?:rolleyes:
    Barts, Aberdeen, Exeter

720 wbu?

ReputationRep:
    you will know if your school is under performing when you see that it has 0% of pupils achieving ABB/AAB or above in 2012.

whats your college name? I will have a look for you if you want
    High school - All Hallows RC Business, enterprise & sports college

College - Salford city college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MX123)
    Barts, Aberdeen, Exeter

720 wbu?
    Nice :cool: Well done on the score

707.5 Hull york, Manchester, UEA and Durham

ReputationRep:
    High school - All Hallows RC Business, enterprise & sports college

College - Salford city college

Your college is definitely better than mine but still seems under performing. Your high school seems to be populated by those from disadvantaged back grounds too. (unis infer this from the amount of students eligible to free school meals and it states "HIGH" )

Manchester have PDF with a list of all the schools that would meet the WP flag criteria which shows whether it is underperforming or not. It seems to be unavailable on their website today but do check on a later date if you need to. Call your choices up too

Here is a link to Manchester's WP flag page. The schools information document is not up yet (probably needed updating)

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergra...ntextual-data/

(Original post by mcollin1)
    I applied last year and got a post-interview rejection, I heard somewhere that you can't re apply if you were rejected post interview?
    I haven't seen anywhere that you can't re-apply for entry through Newcastle if you were rejected post interview. Definitely ring them up ASAP because if you can re-apply to them they would be a good choice because you've been through the interview process before and could be better prepared for it.

ReputationRep:
    I just had a 10 minute blackout where I live!!!! Anyone else have a blackout??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.