Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossMacdonald)
    The test average wasn't quite as high as the Student Room average suggested! Guess everyone here is just a genius ������
    Well we always knew that, but I would point out my predictions were remarkably accurate! Guessed the average score deciles within 10 points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect Choice)
    confusedbengali - really think you should look at going for another degree first e.g. biomed, and then try medicine as a graduate for either the 4 year or 5 year programmes. If you are that determined to go for medicine, I think the gap, even at Foundation level, may be too much from where you stand today as there is plenty of competition for the Foundation places as well. Sounds like you need to get into University, focus on your studies and try again as a graduate. Around 30% of biomed graduates go down this route and into medicine I believe so you will not be alone taking this strategy.
    I think that's probably the best option, I'm going to apply for medical materials at queen mary do you think it's a good choice if I want to do a graduate entry into medicine, I don't want to do biomedicine because by itself it has low career prospects and most of them are only in research

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    Well we always knew that, but I would point out my predictions were remarkably accurate! Guessed the average score deciles within 10 points
    Yeah you did, was a very good prediction!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/upl...Statistics.pdf

THEYRE UP!!!!

Bad news: Deciles have increased, DA massively as predicted (770).
    Good news: other sections relatively constant.
    Well thats put a slight downer on things...

ReputationRep:
    I'm sort of ****ting myself because I'm scared Manchesters cut off will be 700+....

Does anyone have last years statistics so I can compare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)
    I'm sort of ****ting myself because I'm scared Manchesters cut off will be 700+....

Does anyone have last years statistics so I can compare?
    http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/upl...Statistics.pdf

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ameelia22;44798922]Can you please remind us all how great your son is, how he has 7A*s at A-level, how his UKCAT is big enough for me to drown in and how despite the fact that he is SO fantastic, and SO much better than the rest of us, he is incapable of typing for himself?
    [QUOTE]

Having a bad day today are we, no need for that sort of post? By the way, my son has his own account and it is his business when he posts on here which he has.

I notice the new UKCAT scores and that will catch some out if marginal to cut-off grades. Wonder if some applicants are trying to change their choices online at the last minute if they have not submitted?

ReputationRep:
    Can you please remind us all how great your son is, how he has 7A*s at A-level, how his UKCAT is big enough for me to drown in and how despite the fact that he is SO fantastic, and SO much better than the rest of us, he is incapable of typing for himself?

Just remind us, I'm sure we'll all forget.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Is that really necessary? Parents are just as welcome to post here as students are and the rest of your post just smacks of jealousy.

ReputationRep:
    Can you please remind us all how great your son is, how he has 7A*s at A-level, how his UKCAT is big enough for me to drown in and how despite the fact that he is SO fantastic, and SO much better than the rest of us, he is incapable of typing for himself?

Just remind us, I'm sure we'll all forget.

Spoiler:
    Show
    A bit harsh don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bumble333)
    Theres a big difference between AAB and CCC , or course you worked hard to achieve yor grades as they were only " 1 mark off ". Also I never said that people who didn't get AAA didn't work hard I was reiterating the point confusedbengali posted when they said they only did a weeks sociology revision. Hope this now makes sense sorry for any offence caused
    Oh, fair enough, I didn't read all the posts to be honest but I just thought that sentence sounded a bit harsh to us resit applicants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiMan)
    A bit harsh don't you think?
    Ok reading that back maybe it was... My bad, my bad. I read all of his posts in one go when going through the past few pages so I was a bit irate... Sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As one doctor told me last week during my volunteering, 'You've got to sleep with Mother Teresa to get in.' Fills me with hope for this year....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok reading that back maybe it was... My bad, my bad. I read all of his posts in one go when going through the past few pages so I was a bit irate... Sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll take that as an apology then ameelia, you need a calmer head to win in this application game.

ReputationRep:
    UCAS all sent off yay!
    I applied to Soton, King's, HYMS and St George's
    (And UCL biomedical science as my fifth option!)
    Anyone applying to similar places?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmagic)
    UCAS all sent off yay!
    I applied to Soton, King's, HYMS and St George's
    (And UCL biomedical science as my fifth option!)
    Anyone applying to similar places?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    noice, i'm still waiting for my referee to say hes sent my reference. I applied soton and HYMS as well. Both look pretty awesome
    where's your 'top' place? probs guaranteed interview for HYMS?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh, I get it.. no worries, this is a stressful process I understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect Choice)
    I'll take that as an apology then ameelia, you need a calmer head to win in this application game.
    I thought you were a mum? You've got the male gender sign..

ReputationRep:
    what was the ukcat average score last year for everyone published on pearson vue?

(Original post by jonnyc)
    what was the ukcat average score last year for everyone published on pearson vue?
    Average UKCAT score was 2515 last year, this year it's 2643 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
    I thought you were a mum? You've got the male gender sign..
    I'm a male

(Original post by jonnyc)
    2515 in 2012 versus 2643 this year from UKCAT

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.