Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sport999)
    x
    hmmm well there might be fewer age limitations on gaining voluntary work with charities so i guess you could try that, If you're just wanting the experience.
    Haha I dont know where you should get a job
    restaurants might not pay really well but could be a good experience also supermarkets and such can be quite a good deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiMan)
    Yh I actually love chemistry too, so chemical engineering was an option which I considered as well. Oh wow.. offer from keele for medicine? :confused:
    No no...just medicinal chemistry. Not quite the same. But I have applied there for medicine as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richtea5)
    hmmm well there might be fewer age limitations on gaining voluntary work with charities so i guess you could try that, If you're just wanting the experience.
    Haha I dont know where you should get a job
    restaurants might not pay really well but could be a good experience also supermarkets and such can be quite a good deal.
    THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, sorry just noticed caps lock was on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.Systole)
    No no...just medicinal chemistry. Not quite the same. But I have applied there for medicine as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You've applied to the same place for medicine? Why would you do that?

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with that? I get that they'll be able to see that I've applied there for two courses. But other than that what's the problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuziieB)
    Wow, that's weird. What exactly did they state on your track? Sorry to be the bearer if bad news but there's probably a 99% chance they've made a mistake as its much too early for any medical school to make a decision!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I worked it out it said my place had been confirmed, but it meant my application had been confirmed. Still weird because the date was before i sent my application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BawanHama)
    haha after I thanked you I saw the post which you are referring to, and though "well, looks like even legends can be wrong" lol, but thanks anyway
    haaa

No problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAA_)
    I worked it out it said my place had been confirmed, but it meant my application had been confirmed. Still weird because the date was before i sent my application.
    I had this too! Was it comfirmed at the university you had a place for yor back up option at last year?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen the UKCAT averages this year, they've gone up alot since last year.
    2012:
    http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/upl...Statistics.pdf
    http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/upl...Statistics.pdf
    I'm not as confident anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an unconditional offer from Southampton university for biomedical sciences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAA_)
    Same thing happened to me... it was a mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAA_)
    Has anyone else had response from any of their choices yet, because on my application it says my place at St. George's for Medicine has been confirmed. Which is strange because its quite early for a decision without an interview, and really weird because the date of the message is the 12th and my school didn't send my application with the reference attached till the 14th.

I hope it's not that UCAS just messed up, but i definitely don't want to think i've definitely got a place if it isn't the case.

Any opinions/thoughts?
    yes from Newcastle but it was a glitch It was dated the 12th of August (odd because I didn't send off my UCAS until the 2nd of October)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimina)
    Same thing happened to me... it was a mistake
    Wow im glad this haooened to someone else is your message still there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a re-applicant but I got an offer from Sheffield for Biomedical Sciences (Hopefully I won't have to accept it).
    Just wondering, is it true that they hand out twice as many offers because they know that Biomed is the 5th choice for most people (my PS was all about medicine)?

ReputationRep:
    Got a unconditional offer (well I have to send my A level certificates) for BM Sci an Newcastle!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WannabeMedic123)
    I'm not a re-applicant but I got an offer from Sheffield for Biomedical Sciences (Hopefully I won't have to accept it).
    Just wondering, is it true that they hand out twice as many offers because they know that Biomed is the 5th choice for most people (my PS was all about medicine)?
    when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimina)
    yes from Newcastle but it was a glitch It was dated the 12th of August (odd because I didn't send off my UCAS until the 2nd of October)
    Mine had the same thing but from Bristol. It was very strange...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WannabeMedic123)
    Not sure about that. But I applied for biomed in Sheffield too! When did you get your offer and when did you apply if you don't mind asking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hl7495)
    Wow im glad this haooened to someone else is your message still there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yep

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I was listening to Kevin Rudolf- "I made it" which got me a bit emotional LOL hopefully we will all be singing it this time next year when on our way to...MEDICAL SCHOOL!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.