The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pastaferian
Can you link to those scenarios please? - I haven't heard of them before, and I've been recommending other resources to anyone interested in medical ethics.

Of course. Here is the link.
http://www.gmc-uk.org/gmpinaction/characters/index.asp
There are so many ethical scenarios on there with different characters and the right thing to do in each situation is explained :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Joannywhite
Of course. Here is the link.
http://www.gmc-uk.org/gmpinaction/characters/index.asp
There are so many ethical scenarios on there with different characters and the right thing to do in each situation is explained :smile:

Thank you!
Thank you!

No problem :smile: Just out of curiosity, which other resources have you recommended for medical ethics?
Reply 3383
Haha I get what you mean. It is quite a relief :smile: I'm still working through the isc medical book and getting to grips with nhs nonsense and looking at some ethical scenarios on the GMC website. Howz urs going?
Yeah i am a reapplicant haha and yeah i'm only 17. I skipped year 5. Not in the UK though :smile:

Really? Wow, I must say I envy you due to your age applying for medicine. I'd be 27 by the time I finish med school if I don't get in. :s-smilie: and went the grad way.
No problem :smile: Just out of curiosity, which other resources have you recommended for medical ethics?

I've pointed people to podcasts from the BBC series 'Inside the Ethics Committee' http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/iec and... ahem... wikipedia on the Four Principles. Now you see why I was interested in your link :smile:
I've pointed people to podcasts from the BBC series 'Inside the Ethics Committee' http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/iec and... ahem... wikipedia on the Four Principles. Now you see why I was interested in your link :smile:

Ah i see. Thanks :smile:
Original post by SiMan
Really? Wow, I must say I envy you due to your age applying for medicine. I'd be 27 by the time I finish med school if I don't get in. :s-smilie: and went the grad way.

haha yeah but if you do get in, you'll be 24 :smile: It's never over until you see the dreaded unsuccessful on UCAS track so there's still a little bit of hope i guess :smile:
Original post by SiMan
It's a relieve to know there's someone else lol.. but how's you interview prep going? :smile:
Ps. Are you a reapplicant? But your only 17? :confused:

I'm a re-applicant too and I'm 17!
Reply 3388
Original post by Scottasaurus
I'm a re-applicant too and I'm 17!

Really? Wow did you skip a year?
Original post by SiMan

Nope
Original post by SiMan

Though I'm going to be 18 in like two weeks haha
Reply 3391
haha yeah but if you do get in, you'll be 24 :smile: It's never over until you see the dreaded unsuccessful on UCAS track so there's still a little bit of hope i guess :smile:

Yeah I guess. thanks!
Original post by SiMan
Yeah I guess. thanks!

no problem :smile:
OK so i got rejected by St George's last week coz they said i didn't meet their minimum requirements but actually i did. So i emailed them and they reviewed my application and....

I'VE GOT AN INTERVIEW ON THE 17TH OF DEC :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
OK so i got rejected by St George's last week coz they said i didn't meet their minimum requirements but actually i did. So i emailed them and they reviewed my application and....

I'VE GOT AN INTERVIEW ON THE 17TH OF DEC :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congratulations! Glad you queried that!
Original post by Quilverine
Congratulations! Glad you queried that!

Thank you :smile: Now i just hope i don't mess it up.
Thank you :smile: Now i just hope i don't mess it up.

Give yourself time to think, you've met all the other hurdles. This is just both parties making sure they want each other. What did they say you hadn't got that you had?
Original post by Quilverine
Give yourself time to think, you've met all the other hurdles. This is just both parties making sure they want each other. What did they say you hadn't got that you had?

Thanks. It was a little misunderstanding abt my results.
Have u heard from your unis?
Thanks. It was a little misunderstanding abt my results.
Have u heard from your unis?

Only from St Georges to let me know I didn't get the gamsat threshold. Which I was expecting from the day I got my results, I doubt anywhere would take a 45 in S3. Will this be your first interview or did you get some last year?
Eeeeee, interview on 16th December for Leicester! Things seem to be looking up for re-applicants this year. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending