Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    I'm pretty much done, îm not going to lie, it's hard, hard work, and I'm looking forward to finishing... I have handed in my notice finishing at the end of jan (6 months)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    After two horrible 12 hour shifts yesterday and today (and another tomorrow!), I can understand why you're quitting!
    It's so hard, I've been there 4 months and I'm planning to hand in my notice in March, 1 month before backpacking round Europe!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babychocolate)
    I am, I don't mind having a chit chat :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ace - PMing you now.

(Original post by ashamoh)
    me?? not sure how much more i can take though so close to quitting

Talk to me sister!

(Original post by itsmagic)
    Me not in a hospital though- in the dementia unit of a nursing home

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That sounds extremely challenging. More so than a hospital in some ways. My issue focuses more so on hospital stuff though, so will avoid nagging you haha!

ReputationRep:
    After two horrible 12 hour shifts yesterday and today (and another tomorrow!), I can understand why you're quitting!
    It's so hard, I've been there 4 months and I'm planning to hand in my notice in March, 1 month before backpacking round Europe!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who're (that is definitely an apostrophe) you backpacking with? I am tempted to follow you everywhere because I think I need to follow someone rather than do a classic "YOLO - let's just see where we end up," stunt that apparently I like to pull most weekends i have off work, because judging by recent experiences, the result is less than pretty.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, it's actually quite horrible work lol. I'm going to Japan and living like a, relatively speaking, king as a holiday. Then we fly to Beijing and backpack south through China to Hong Kong doing all the touristy stoof. Then fly to Bangkok and do that whole classic gap year thing: Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam. Then finally home... Phew

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)
    Who're (that is definitely an apostrophe) you backpacking with? I am tempted to follow you everywhere because I think I need to follow someone rather than do a classic "YOLO - let's just see where we end up," stunt that apparently I like to pull most weekends i have off work, because judging by recent experiences, the result is less than pretty.
    I'm backpacking with 2 of my best friends who're both on gap years too haha why not?! Come along for the ride

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm 'YOLOing' it. All my friends (except one who's going to India) and teenage relatives are either all at university or live abroad unfortunately. Hence, they wouldn't really have the time and effort to travel I therefore decided to go solo. I may meet some backpackers along the way. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frogs r everywhere)
    I'm 'YOLOing' it. All my friends (except one who's going to India) and teenage relatives are either all at university or live abroad unfortunately. Hence, they wouldn't really have the time and effort to travel I therefore decided to go solo. I may meet some backpackers along the way. :awesome:
    Sounds lonely

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frogs r everywhere)
    I know what you mean. I'm debating whether to go with an organisation or wait till summer and drag my friends along or yolo solo. Still, I can't find it in my heart to plan anything yet when I've not got an offer

ReputationRep:
    Sounds lonely

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There were also these rather major re-union(s) up North that I couldn't go to for personal reasons.
    Ah well, I always have my cat :awesome:

I know what you mean. I'm debating whether to go with an organisation or wait till summer and drag my friends along or yolo solo. Still, I can't find it in my heart to plan anything yet when I've not got an offer
    I would wait till the summer, however, going yolo solo gives you that additional unequivocal adventurous sensation. #Swag #Lad

Yeah, it's actually quite horrible work lol. I'm going to Japan and living like a, relatively speaking, king as a holiday. Then we fly to Beijing and backpack south through China to Hong Kong doing all the touristy stoof. Then fly to Bangkok and do that whole classic gap year thing: Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam. Then finally home... Phew

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why, that sounds fantastic! Enjoy your trips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottasaurus)
    Any other re-applicants done all their interviews? So good to be able to relax a bit!
    I've finished all 4 aswell, can enjoy Christmas now! (Not a reapp though, didn't apply last year)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JemimaPuddleduck)
    I've finished all 4 aswell, can enjoy Christmas now! (Not a reapp though, didn't apply last year)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome! Where did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Another rejection. Just 2 left now.
    Praying Bristol give me a offer

ReputationRep:
    Another rejection. Just 2 left now.
    Praying Bristol give me a offer
    Oh nooo I haven't been keeping up with you, what's going on then? where did you apply/how did the interviews go (in your opinion)??? (((

ReputationRep:
    Oh nooo I haven't been keeping up with you, what's going on then? where did you apply/how did the interviews go (in your opinion)??? (((
    my 3rd year of applying !
    rejection from Exeter cause I didn't have a A*
    rejection after interview from.Plymouth thought the interview went bad anyway :P
    waiting to hear from Bristol had my interview Friday which went okay
    and nothing yet from leeds!

what about you?

ReputationRep:
    my 3rd year of applying !
    rejection from Exeter cause I didn't have a A*
    rejection after interview from.Plymouth thought the interview went bad anyway :P
    waiting to hear from Bristol had my interview Friday which went okay
    and nothing yet from leeds!

what about you?
    Arghghhh I have a friend (also a reapplicant) who applied to Exeter and got rejected because of that A*. Massive **** move from them. I am waiting to hear from King's/Leeds/Bristol ://///

ReputationRep:
    Arghghhh I have a friend (also a reapplicant) who applied to Exeter and got rejected because of that A*. Massive **** move from them. I am waiting to hear from King's/Leeds/Bristol ://///
    I got rejected because of the A*.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To top it off I've seen people taking a 3rd year who have AAB getting an interview because they're predicted A* in the resit *slams head onto desk*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else find it hard being the only friend who hasnt gone to uni and moved on to new bigger and better experiences feeling a bit insignificant atm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hl7495)
    Anyone else find it hard being the only friend who hasnt gone to uni and moved on to new bigger and better experiences feeling a bit insignificant atm

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yes, and seeing as majority of my friends went to Cambridge, London or Top russell group whenever they talk about Uni I think...'highlight of my day was taking the dogs for a walk'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield reapplicants: seen the recent post by Parent_help ?? Thoughts?

(Original post by callummj6747)
    Oh yes, and seeing as majority of my friends went to Cambridge, London or Top russell group whenever they talk about Uni I think...'highlight of my day was taking the dogs for a walk'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seconded ^ Hopefully xmas pay this friday will cheer me up

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.