Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)
    !!!!
    Hey I was wondering if you got it through track without an offer email? I just got it through track! And now I'm thinking they sent it to me by accident lmao (purely because I was convinced I messed up the interview!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Hey I was wondering if you got it through track without an offer email? I just got it through track! And now I'm thinking they sent it to me by accident lmao (purely because I was convinced I messed up the interview!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Track too haha, although I'm not quite sure what to do now I have an offer...I need to send off my health check, but how do I send for CRB and will they be sending us letters or waaa?

ReputationRep:
    Track too haha, although I'm not quite sure what to do now I have an offer...I need to send off my health check, but how do I send for CRB and will they be sending us letters or waaa?
    Well I Think the CRB is what they do but I'm not sure! I shall phone and ask when I can.

Same I don't know what to do now, like do I leave work and go on a long holiday or what?

i still feel like it's not true, and the "conditional" just makes me feel like it's not legit haha

What was your reaction? I just started shaking coz I thought it was a rejection, then I saw the offer and died for about 10 seconds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I Think the CRB is what they do but I'm not sure! I shall phone and ask when I can.

Same I don't know what to do now, like do I leave work and go on a long holiday or what?

i still feel like it's not true, and the "conditional" just makes me feel like it's not legit haha

What was your reaction? I just started shaking coz I thought it was a rejection, then I saw the offer and died for about 10 seconds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I've suddenly become very paranoid about my healthcheck and is it possible I secretly have Hep B? What if I pick something up working as an Auxiliary at work? What if that gent in bed 25 throws his cannula at my face again and somehow gives me HIV?

I just screamed. SCREAMED.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've suddenly become very paranoid about my healthcheck and is it possible I secretly have Hep B? What if I pick something up working as an Auxiliary at work? What if that gent in bed 25 throws his cannula at my face again and somehow gives me HIV?

I just screamed. SCREAMED.
    Oh wow! No way did a patient do that??

I deal with HIV, TB and many more viral and bacterial infections in the lab so I'm paranoid now!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Secretly you did really well but stated overthinking it like me Gratz though!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Secretly you did really well but stated overthinking it like me Gratz though!!!
    Lol thanks! I genuinely thought I failed it! Even considered all the advantages of doing biomed!

Have you heard you? How was the interview? I'm sure you did great! Hopefully will be seeing you there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe iv only just found this thread - double reapplicant here

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Yay I also got an offer from Manchester! Hopefully more of you guys who applied will join me and Amelia it's my first choice so I'm definitely going there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!! Don't worry about the offer only being on track. Plenty of med schools do that.

ReputationRep:
    4th interview invite hahaha **** you 2013 entry cycle :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcollin1)
    4th interview invite hahaha **** you 2013 entry cycle :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I second this!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done guys on the offers!!!! Keep them coming

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this is a good place to post this but I'm just wondering - should I bother reapplying if having really bad interviewing skills seem to be my only downfall?

I know it's still early on in the cycle and I haven't been rejected by anywhere (yet). I thought reapplying is only a good option for someone with say, 4 pre-interview rejections as they can really work on their applications to push them through to the next stage. Any reapplicant here with more than 2 interviews last cycle but still decided to reapply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalosporin)
    I don't know if this is a good place to post this but I'm just wondering - should I bother reapplying if having really bad interviewing skills seem to be my only downfall?

I know it's still early on in the cycle and I haven't been rejected by anywhere (yet). I thought reapplying is only a good option for someone with say, 4 pre-interview rejections as they can really work on their applications to push them through to the next stage. Any reapplicant here with more than 2 interviews last cycle but still decided to reapply?
    Hi I'm reapplicant who had 2 post interview rejections (Exeter and a waiting list from Barts) last year.

My downfall last year was that I was really nervous at interviews and as a result it made me really timid. It's something I've been working on all this year - my voluntary work has helped a lot by putting myself outside of my comfort zone.

With respect to you, I would say if you do get all rejections, reapply if you really want to do medicine and use your gap year to work on the interview skills. Also you never know, what felt like a bad interview to you might not be as bad as you think!

ReputationRep:

I had 2 post-interview rejections last year but one was at Oxford and some of the questions completely threw me! I didn't think I'd get an offer there anyway
    Nottingham however... I don't understand why they rejected me as their feedback didn't go into any detail at all. So that makes me a bit worried for this year...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Hello, keep your fingers crossed at this point it's still early days. I had two post interview rejections last year and one thing i'd say is that getting a rejection is rarely a reflection of you as a person - if you're interview skills are one thing that's holding you back you can work on it, that's not something that means you won't be a great doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd join in here, where are you recognizing re-applying to? Also where finished you apply not long from now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manupalace)
    Congrats!! Don't worry about the offer only being on track. Plenty of med schools do that.
    Thank you

Yeah I am just wondering when they send the confirmation email? Like from them personally? I feel like its not official until then!

ReputationRep:
    Well I take that back ^.

I GOT AN OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Don't know what to do other than play Drake really loud and rap along to "HELL YEAH ****ING RIGHT!!!!"
    A huge congratulations to you! Deserve it.. (after your struggle from last year entry!)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Yeah I am just wondering when they send the confirmation email? Like from them personally? I feel like its not official until then!
    Congrats!! So how long was the gap between the interview and this?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.