Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Just got Barts interview and hopefully Newcastle at some point! If I fail to get an offer I need to really re consider my options after 3-4 interviews!! But Im going to try my best for Barts, it looks really cool!! I won't know anything till March though its like Jan results all over again :P

Yeah hope so too! go Fallowfield !!
    You have a fantastic UKCAT, I am sure you will get that interview at Newcastle
    Is Barts your first choice?

Yeah I can imagine! I am still waiting to hear back from HYMS (just to see how my interview went lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Lol I dont really watch football but I am really looking forward to it!

Nice plan Which uni will you be going to?
    I have an offer from Leicester

But I've had interviews at Cardiff, Manchester and I have an interview at Barts on the 28th

I've been put on hold by Manchester though

EDIT: Where are you planning on going this Septmeber? I saw you say you have an offer from Manchester...congrats btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhle20)
    I have an offer from Leicester

But I've had interviews at Cardiff, Manchester and I have an interview at Barts on the 28th

I've been put on hold by Manchester though
    WOW that is absolutely fantastic! WELL DONE!!

Its great, now you can relax after your Barts interview

ReputationRep:
    WOW that is absolutely fantastic! WELL DONE!!

Its great, now you can relax after your Barts interview
    Thanks !!

I'm surprised how well this year has gone actually

Where are you planning on going this Septmeber? I saw you say you have an offer from Manchester...congrats btw

ReputationRep:
    You have a fantastic UKCAT, I am sure you will get that interview at Newcastle
    Is Barts your first choice?

Yeah I can imagine! I am still waiting to hear back from HYMS (just to see how my interview went lol)
    Thanks I'm apparently above their cut off but it's hear say ATM. Erm I'm not sure which my top is but I have a preference of all 3 over glasgow because it's just a bit far for me! I really liked manchester but I feel a bit bitter aha but no to worry I'll be patient xD

Congrats once again Dr.u you deserve it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Thanks I'm apparently above their cut off but it's hear say ATM. Erm I'm not sure which my top is but I have a preference of all 3 over glasgow because it's just a bit far for me! I really liked manchester but I feel a bit bitter aha but no to worry I'll be patient xD

Congrats once again Dr.u you deserve it
    You dont wanna be patient, you wanna be doctor
    But yeah just be patient for now lol it will bring you that place at medical school hopefully!

Thanks a lot
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to everyone with offers (if I haven't congratulated you already)!

Feeling slightly pathetic with all you younguns talking about passing driving tests and getting cars. I haven't even started learning yet (I have no wish to though, I live and work in London so don't see the point).

To anyone coming down to (or staying in) London for med school, public transport/cycling/ motorcycle or scooter are great ways to get around. Hoping to take my motorcycle test in the summer (I already ride a scooter).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
    Haha I post a lot coz I don't work full time anymore love part time, have a lot of time to myself
    I applied to Manchester and exeter(rejections) and east anglia and kings(interviews)
    What about you?

Yeah I don't spend a lot, mostly save coz my sister is also going uni this year so it's gonna be quite expensive for mum and dad

Online shopper was fun at first but 3 months into it , it's just repetitive and I don't like that
    Good luck with the job applications, when I leave this job in April, I might try my luck for a 3rd time and get another job :lol:
    Any reason why you went from full to part time? I see, what was the reason for those unis? Good luck if you've yet to have those interviews.
    Glasgow Aberdeen interviews done and st Andrew's coming up
    Online shopping seems easy too, but yeah I can see the repetition kicking in after a while. What job you going for after then?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=PG593;46008720]

Oh hakka , yeah a few in the village speak it but it's quite rare. Some words are similar and my uncle told me they're both sub groups of the Han Chinese people so there are small similarities but I think over time there's so much slang now in Hokkien it's almost its own language haha So far I felt they've gone well, got one on Tuesday so I really shouldn't be on here How's the rest of your application going? Not long till we both hear from Glasgow :eek:
    Not sure too much about the history but I've looked into it a few times :P so how.many unis have you heard back from? Yeah not.too long.for Glasgow which I'm happy about because the end of march is too long. Hopefully good news all round!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi-)
    Any reason why you went from full to part time? I see, what was the reason for those unis? Good luck if you've yet to have those interviews.
    Glasgow Aberdeen interviews done and st Andrew's coming up
    Online shopping seems easy too, but yeah I can see the repetition kicking in after a while. What job you going for after then?
    I just wanted more free time and I felt I wasn't enjoying my 12 hour shifts so I resigned(I can still book bank shifts ) and I got a part time job elsewhere.

I only applied to the unis where I thought I would stand a good chance ahh you're a Scottish applicant....no 9k for you!

Yeah just came back from my shift, boring lol but it's something. I'm grateful
    Tbh I'm not sure what job I want afterwards has to be another part time job though :yes:

ReputationRep:
    You dont wanna be patient, you wanna be doctor
    But yeah just be patient for now lol it will bring you that place at medical school hopefully!

Thanks a lot
    But I like being a patient too :cool: It does seem like a lot of people are on hold, I can only hope Im near the threshold for an offer, so if say they are giving all people an 8 an offer I hope Im a 7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
    I just wanted more free time and I felt I wasn't enjoying my 12 hour shifts so I resigned(I can still book bank shifts ) and I got a part time job elsewhere.

I only applied to the unis where I thought I would stand a good chance ahh you're a Scottish applicant....no 9k for you!

Yeah just came back from my shift, boring lol but it's something. I'm grateful
    Tbh I'm not sure what job I want afterwards has to be another part time job though :yes:
    Fair enough, you thinking of travelling or.anything?
    Yup, Scottish applicant, thankfully no 9k fees!
    Haha you must have a Beasty CV, I'm not sure if mines is any good.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've applied for Medicine for 2014 entry however, having not heard from any of my medical applications yet I'm considering my options for next year. I just want to know if you have any knowledge on what the circumstances are for me if I were to reapply next year after taking a gap year and working in a hospital / whatever if I get three As in August for my A2s? Is that a good idea or should I take my plan B which is a offer from UCL for pharmacy? Medicine is really what I want to do but dont want to chuck away a good place like UCL.

I really like to find out what chance I have if I do get 3 As in August and reapply next year for 2015 entry. I got 3A*s, 8As and 2 Bs for GCSE.
    Any advice would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seeker_SM)
    Hey, I've applied for Medicine for 2014 entry however, having not heard from any of my medical applications yet I'm considering my options for next year. I just want to know if you have any knowledge on what the circumstances are for me if I were to reapply next year after taking a gap year and working in a hospital / whatever if I get three As in August for my A2s? Is that a good idea or should I take my plan B which is a offer from UCL for pharmacy? Medicine is really what I want to do but dont want to chuck away a good place like UCL.

I really like to find out what chance I have if I do get 3 As in August and reapply next year for 2015 entry. I got 3A*s, 8As and 2 Bs for GCSE.
    I think your in a quite biased thread as most of us would encourage you to reapply.

To be honest, if medicine is REALLY what you want to do and have thought long and hard about your decision then don't let the UCL place put you off. You will have a pharmacy degree, not a medicine degree. Pharmacy is also long and takes time for you to become established so it's about commitment.

Personally, i would say you reapply if medicine is your vocation.

But be optimistic! You may hear good news soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Chi-)

Not sure too much about the history but I've looked into it a few times :P so how.many unis have you heard back from? Yeah not.too long.for Glasgow which I'm happy about because the end of march is too long. Hopefully good news all round!
    I've heard back from 3 still waiting on 1. Yeah, 3 ish weeks to go, I'm sure yours went well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    I've heard back from 3 still waiting on 1. Yeah, 3 ish weeks to go, I'm sure yours went well
    oh right, yeah not too long but i think those are the first few batches for glasgow it could go into march? I really hope so!

ReputationRep:
    Just got my 1st choice offer from kings...reapplicant is a lot easier!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by callummj6747)
    Just got my 1st choice offer from kings...reapplicant is a lot easier!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats mate, well done!!

ReputationRep:
    I think your in a quite biased thread as most of us would encourage you to reapply.

To be honest, if medicine is REALLY what you want to do and have thought long and hard about your decision then don't let the UCL place put you off. You will have a pharmacy degree, not a medicine degree. Pharmacy is also long and takes time for you to become established so it's about commitment.

Personally, i would say you reapply if medicine is your vocation.

But be optimistic! You may hear good news soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats true about this being biased however who better to ask for advice than reapplicants . True what you say about pharmacy being a long course. I will try to be optimistic but as every day passes with no news I become more and more negative. Thanks for replying and good luck with your applications! ;-)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seeker_SM)

As someone who did pharmacy (at UCL) I'd advise you to stop stressing until you've heard from your choices. Then as its your first time applying I'd advise reapplying if you get the grades (AAA minimum). You can always apply to UCL again for pharmacy (or somewhere else) during your gap year.

How much do you actually know about pharmacy? (not being rude, genuine question) Pharmacy is a long course (4 years) with an extra training year. Its not to be taken lightly. I won't lie and say I completely regret doing pharmacy but I definitely wouldn't have gone into it without at least reapplying for medicine during a gap year.

I am also a bit biased. I was a gap year re-applicant and am now on a grad entry medicine course.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.