Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Feel bad for my cousin. He got no interviews again. With a star AAB and 635 in his ukcat he is really depressed now.

He's been waiting for ever for his interview and checked his email everyday. He's a good kid , a bit religious.

What should he do? He told me that he wants to do medicine or at leafs dentistry abroad. Obviously I told him that not ll courses are in English?

What d tell him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woztar)
    Feel bad for my cousin. He got no interviews again. With a star AAB and 635 in his ukcat he is really depressed now.

He's been waiting for ever for his interview and checked his email everyday. He's a good kid , a bit religious.

What should he do? He told me that he wants to do medicine or at leafs dentistry abroad. Obviously I told him that not ll courses are in English?

What d tell him?
    Tell him there is no need to get depressed. There are lots of English based courses in Europe and most of them are recognised by the GMC. Medicine is unique in that it does not matter where you study it. He should check out Ireland and look at the other options on this website http://www.eunicas.ie/index.php/eunicas/search.html?discipline=48&orderi ng=&searchphrase=all&searchword=
    I wish him good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bukoba)
    Tell him there is no need to get depressed. There are lots of English based courses in Europe and most of them are recognised by the GMC. Medicine is unique in that it does not matter where you study it. He should check out Ireland and look at the other options on this website http://www.eunicas.ie/index.php/eunicas/search.html?discipline=48&orderi ng=&searchphrase=all&searchword=
    I wish him good luck.
    I had a look at the website but most of them are too expensive for him. Also, the ones in Italy require the imat? Do you know of any which don't require it for admissions?

thanks by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Just withdrew from Bristol so my UCAS cycle is now over! 2 offers more than last year XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had a look at the website but most of them are too expensive for him. Also, the ones in Italy require the imat? Do you know of any which don't require it for admissions?

thanks by the way.
    Admission tests are very popular now. Imat is like bmat. Unis are relying on it more and more for selecting candidates because of the high level of competition.

The other uk alternative is to go for a biomed course and keep applying. A handful of unis don't mind if you have already started a degree somewhere else. I know someone who is in 2nd year medicine at Glasgow now who applied while studying biomed at UEA. However, he still needs a high ukcat. The bottom line really is that he needs to develop a strategy for increasing his test scores, I am afraid. It seems there is no escape. It is either Ukcat, bmat, imat, or gamsat!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!!
    well done on all the interviews!!
    ive received an interview for Liverpool and Lancaster! Have any of you had interviews there?? How did it go?? how was the stations at lancatser! I'm especially worried about this one because it's Mmi!:/
    best of luck everyone! I hope we're all successful this yr round!

And thank you for any for replies in advance!

ReputationRep:

What should he do? He told me that he wants to do medicine or at leafs dentistry abroad.
    :facepalm:

Does he want to do medicine or does he want to dentistry, because that sounds like he wants to make daddy proud and thinks he earn a lot of money...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)
    :facepalm:

Does he want to do medicine or does he want to dentistry, because that sounds like he wants to make daddy proud and thinks he earn a lot of money...
    No he's dream is medicine. But maybe medicine is not for him.

ReputationRep:
    The thing is he is very young in my opinion. He finished his alevels at 17.

and will be eighteen in March.

ReputationRep:
    Final interview out the way, just need to wait to hear back now...
    Good luck to everyone and congrats to those with offers!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcollin1)
    Final interview out the way, just need to wait to hear back now...
    Good luck to everyone and congrats to those with offers!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Were you at HYMS today?
    Good luck with the wait!
    I've got one more left...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmagic)
    Were you at HYMS today?
    Good luck with the wait!
    I've got one more left...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was indeed! Were you? What time?
    Hows it gone so far? Who you waiting for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was indeed! Were you? What time?
    Hows it gone so far? Who you waiting for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yesss I was 9am registration! What time was yours? Asian/Indian girl who talked quite a lot before the interview haha
    I'm on waiting list at SGUL, waiting for KCL post-interview, interview at Soton on Tuesday and, as of today, waiting for HYMS what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmagic)
    Yesss I was 9am registration! What time was yours? Asian/Indian girl who talked quite a lot before the interview haha
    I'm on waiting list at SGUL, waiting for KCL post-interview, interview at Soton on Tuesday and, as of today, waiting for HYMS what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah mine was 10am so i didnt see you! How was it?
    Ah so no bad news yet!!
    Waiting for soton, exeter, newcastle and hyms all post-interview! Hear from exeter next week ahh not very hopeful though was my worst interview haha!

ReputationRep:
    Ah mine was 10am so i didnt see you! How was it?
    Ah so no bad news yet!!
    Waiting for soton, exeter, newcastle and hyms all post-interview! Hear from exeter next week ahh not very hopeful though was my worst interview haha!
    I was at 10am too! How did you find it? I think the group exercise was hard to contribute to as I didn't want to interrupt anyone haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys, does anyone know if you get paid annual leave even if you quit before you take it?

(Edit: as a HCA in a hospital)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys, does anyone know if you get paid annual leave even if you quit before you take it?

(Edit: as a HCA in a hospital)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm trying to work out your situation, and from what I can figure, I think the answer is no. At least not in my trust. I am having my las working day on 28 February, and then I have to cash in all of my annual leave after that - so I officially leave in mid February, although my last day on the ward is the 28th. Ask the ol' line manager..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    I'm trying to work out your situation, and from what I can figure, I think the answer is no. At least not in my trust. I am having my las working day on 28 February, and then I have to cash in all of my annual leave after that - so I officially leave in mid February, although my last day on the ward is the 28th. Ask the ol' line manager..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't know if i'm ready to admit that I want to leave

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if i'm ready to admit that I want to leave
    You played it all wrong!! I told everyone from day one I was leaving after six months. That way I got über respect for being a prospective medic, and they also have tried to mould me into the 'perfect doctor'. In other words, a cushy doc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    You played it all wrong!! I told everyone from day one I was leaving after six months. That way I got über respect for being a prospective medic, and they also have tried to mould me into the 'perfect doctor'. In other words, a cushy doc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry for butting into your conversation...thing is I've applied for a few NHS jobs and when they realise that I'll leave if I get a medical school offer then they automatically reject me after interview! I have a couple of HCA interviews next and was going in with the intention of basically saying nothing about university...advice?!? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.