Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crusaderofdeath)
    All the stuff about travelling is great except when you don't have the money to do it. I am currently on my gap year, training as a HCA and the lack of money has made it so boring so far. I enjoy working but would love to travel. All my friends have gone to Canada, Morocco etc.
    Yeah I know what you mean, I've been working as a HCA for a while and I've managed to save a bit for travel. You doing the same thing? Med or not we've got till September to do any other pursuits, plenty of time to get some plans sorted.

I kind of thought the gap year would be half a year of hard work and applying and than i'd have half a year of TV and travel (and some work..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richtea5)
    I've got my fifth choice in biomed aswell and I know it's not what i'm set on doing either. However I do think it's a great opportunity and one that could in itself lead to being a doctor in after graduation.

Again after the applications finished with either way you might as well have something to show for your year out; work, travel, a new hobby - anything if you're set on being a doctor it'll happen (*eventually). guarantee it tho once you are a doctor wouldn't you regret not making the most of a free year?
    Thanks - you're right, I am currently trying to put a few things in place to make my gap year more exciting - so fingers crossed!
    Wish me luck with my remaining two applications - so so so scared!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picnmix)
    Thanks - you're right, I am currently trying to put a few things in place to make my gap year more exciting - so fingers crossed!
    Wish me luck with my remaining two applications - so so so scared!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, really best of luck! it's hard enough getting rejections noone needs it 2 years going, especially after showing you are committed and passionate by reapplying!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richtea5)
    Yes, really best of luck! it's hard enough getting rejections noone needs it 2 years going, especially after showing you are committed and passionate by reapplying!!
    Haha exactly! It should be bloody illegal!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Very Sly offer from Manchester Repping it for the re applicants!! Good luck everyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Very Sly offer from Manchester Repping it for the re applicants!! Good luck everyone else
    Well in, quite a few re-applicants seem to have got an offer there. Is that your preferred uni?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi-)
    Well in, quite a few re-applicants seem to have got an offer there. Is that your preferred uni?
    Ye it's seems to have worked out well for us I honestly thought i would probably be the one to let the reapplicants down

I'm not sure tbh Manchester is in my top 2 or 3 but the one I'm waiting to hear from is Barts and they don't reply for a while so not sure but I do like Manch

Is Glasgow your top choice?

ReputationRep:
    Ye it's seems to have worked out well for us I honestly thought i would probably be the one to let the reapplicants down

I'm not sure tbh Manchester is in my top 2 or 3 but the one I'm waiting to hear from is Barts and they don't reply for a while so not sure but I do like Manch

Is Glasgow your top choice?
    What's the 4th uni then?

Glasgow would be most ideal yea, but I'd be happy wherever really.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone sitting having not had an interview from glasgow but having not been rejected either?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calzour)
    Is anyone sitting having not had an interview from glasgow but having not been rejected either?
    yep I got an average 0f 702.5, sadly i'm thinking this is an imminent rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calzour)
    Me too 707.5

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    First post-interview feedback...exeter rejection! 5 medical school rejections and counting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcollin1)
    First post-interview feedback...exeter rejection! 5 medical school rejections and counting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hang in there man, still another 3 to go (not rejections offers hopefully ) Seems like Exeter was a bad choice for a few reapplicants this year

ReputationRep:
    Hang in there man, still another 3 to go (not rejections offers hopefully ) Seems like Exeter was a bad choice for a few reapplicants this year
    Probably because the year before pretty much everyone who got it was a reapplicant!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man its just annoying the first word back was a rejection! But it was my worst interview so wasnt particularly hopeful!
    Oh really? I didnt really notice who was reapplying i just saw all the offers and got jealous

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im definitely going to be that guy who sits in lectures with a stethoscope and a white coat

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a ukcat below the "threshold" for newcastle/durham not been rejected yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offer from King's!!!! :eek: :eek3: :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelycup7)
    Offer from King's!!!! :eek: :eek3: :eek4:
    Congrats

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.