Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crusaderofdeath)
    All the stuff about travelling is great except when you don't have the money to do it. I am currently on my gap year, training as a HCA and the lack of money has made it so boring so far. I enjoy working but would love to travel. All my friends have gone to Canada, Morocco etc.
    Yeah I know what you mean, I've been working as a HCA for a while and I've managed to save a bit for travel. You doing the same thing? Med or not we've got till September to do any other pursuits, plenty of time to get some plans sorted.

I kind of thought the gap year would be half a year of hard work and applying and than i'd have half a year of TV and travel (and some work..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richtea5)
    I've got my fifth choice in biomed aswell and I know it's not what i'm set on doing either. However I do think it's a great opportunity and one that could in itself lead to being a doctor in after graduation.

Again after the applications finished with either way you might as well have something to show for your year out; work, travel, a new hobby - anything if you're set on being a doctor it'll happen (*eventually). guarantee it tho once you are a doctor wouldn't you regret not making the most of a free year?
    Thanks - you're right, I am currently trying to put a few things in place to make my gap year more exciting - so fingers crossed!
    Wish me luck with my remaining two applications - so so so scared!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picnmix)
    Thanks - you're right, I am currently trying to put a few things in place to make my gap year more exciting - so fingers crossed!
    Wish me luck with my remaining two applications - so so so scared!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, really best of luck! it's hard enough getting rejections noone needs it 2 years going, especially after showing you are committed and passionate by reapplying!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richtea5)
    Yes, really best of luck! it's hard enough getting rejections noone needs it 2 years going, especially after showing you are committed and passionate by reapplying!!
    Haha exactly! It should be bloody illegal!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Very Sly offer from Manchester Repping it for the re applicants!! Good luck everyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Very Sly offer from Manchester Repping it for the re applicants!! Good luck everyone else
    Well in, quite a few re-applicants seem to have got an offer there. Is that your preferred uni?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi-)
    Well in, quite a few re-applicants seem to have got an offer there. Is that your preferred uni?
    Ye it's seems to have worked out well for us I honestly thought i would probably be the one to let the reapplicants down

I'm not sure tbh Manchester is in my top 2 or 3 but the one I'm waiting to hear from is Barts and they don't reply for a while so not sure but I do like Manch

Is Glasgow your top choice?

ReputationRep:
    Ye it's seems to have worked out well for us I honestly thought i would probably be the one to let the reapplicants down

I'm not sure tbh Manchester is in my top 2 or 3 but the one I'm waiting to hear from is Barts and they don't reply for a while so not sure but I do like Manch

Is Glasgow your top choice?
    What's the 4th uni then?

Glasgow would be most ideal yea, but I'd be happy wherever really.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone sitting having not had an interview from glasgow but having not been rejected either?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calzour)
    Is anyone sitting having not had an interview from glasgow but having not been rejected either?
    yep I got an average 0f 702.5, sadly i'm thinking this is an imminent rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calzour)
    Me too 707.5

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    First post-interview feedback...exeter rejection! 5 medical school rejections and counting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcollin1)
    First post-interview feedback...exeter rejection! 5 medical school rejections and counting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hang in there man, still another 3 to go (not rejections offers hopefully ) Seems like Exeter was a bad choice for a few reapplicants this year

ReputationRep:
    Hang in there man, still another 3 to go (not rejections offers hopefully ) Seems like Exeter was a bad choice for a few reapplicants this year
    Probably because the year before pretty much everyone who got it was a reapplicant!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man its just annoying the first word back was a rejection! But it was my worst interview so wasnt particularly hopeful!
    Oh really? I didnt really notice who was reapplying i just saw all the offers and got jealous

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im definitely going to be that guy who sits in lectures with a stethoscope and a white coat

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a ukcat below the "threshold" for newcastle/durham not been rejected yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offer from King's!!!! :eek: :eek3: :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelycup7)
    Offer from King's!!!! :eek: :eek3: :eek4:
    Congrats

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.