Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obaidiio)

Thank you Joan! It's such a huge relief- I didn't think they would reply so quickly! I mean, I have been waiting almost two months for Kings.
    I'm glad I can withdraw my St Georges Biomed application, lol. Have you heard back from any of your unis yet??
    I finally got that rejection from Aberdeen and i got an amended offer for biomed from Sheffield. So right now SGUL is my last hope. U gonna firm the Southampton offer then or u gonna wait for Kings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joannywhite)
    I finally got that rejection from Aberdeen and i got an amended offer for biomed from Sheffield. So right now SGUL is my last hope. U gonna firm the Southampton offer then or u gonna wait for Kings?
    Sorry to hear... At least there is still hope for St Georges. Hopefully waiting listers will hear some good news.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panjabiflower)
    Sorry to hear... At least there is still hope for St Georges. Hopefully waiting listers will hear some good news.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's alright It's not over yet. You had an interview at another uni right? How did that go?

ReputationRep:
    That's alright It's not over yet. You had an interview at another uni right? How did that go?
    It was alright thanks :/
    I don't know how St Georges can expect us to wait till May to hear back!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was alright thanks :/
    I don't know how St Georges can expect us to wait till May to hear back!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know waiting sucks but there's nothing we can do i guess. Let's just hope sth positive comes out of all the waiting

ReputationRep:
    I know waiting sucks but there's nothing we can do i guess. Let's just hope sth positive comes out of all the waiting
    Yeah i guess so was the decision from sheffield post interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)
    Currently got my eye on the back door of HCA work. Applied to a couple of Teaching Assistant posts and a couple of admin posts...anyone else doing the same thing?

Also has anyone else given any thought as to whether they plan on keeping / finding a new job during pre-clinical years near uni?
    5 more shifts for me!! I will be joining the bank of the closest hospital to whichever uni I choose and then work Friday nights.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i guess so was the decision from sheffield post interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah it was pre-interview.

ReputationRep:
    Nah it was pre-interview.
    Ah okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If u get offers from both SGUL and the other uni, which would u choose?

ReputationRep:
    If u get offers from both SGUL and the other uni, which would u choose?
    I haven't thought that far ahead yet... I'll be lucky to have any offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also has anyone else given any thought as to whether they plan on keeping / finding a new job during pre-clinical years near uni?
    Ew. Ain't nobody got time fo' that.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't thought that far ahead yet... I'll be lucky to have any offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah kk then. Well all the best to us then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    5 more shifts for me!! I will be joining the bank of the closest hospital to whichever uni I choose and then work Friday nights.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh lucky you!! That sounds like quite a decent plan if you can hack the nights. Are you concerned at all as to how bank staff get treated compared to permanent staff?
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    Ew. Ain't nobody got time fo' that.
    With only 6 hours of lectures / week at manchester I'm a little concerned I may have too much time :P

ReputationRep:
    With only 6 hours of lectures / week at manchester I'm a little concerned I may have too much time :P
    What do they fill the timetable with?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    What do they fill the timetable with?!?
    Tell me what this stuff means

Name:  919078_10201288678360309_334589938_o.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  131.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    Oh lucky you!! That sounds like quite a decent plan if you can hack the nights. Are you concerned at all as to how bank staff get treated compared to permanent staff?
    P
    Meh. I can stick up for myself. If it's horrific I'll just hide in the toilets... simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    Meh. I can stick up for myself. If it's horrific I'll just hide in the toilets... simples.
    Benefits of being bank is that you don't need to give a **** what people say. Secondly you'll be working nightshifts so can hide away in ward hideouts for most of the shift as all the patients should be asleep.

I really do love nightshifts, patients are asleep, no relatives giving you bs, can sit on your arse for most of the shift, no washes. Perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Tell me what this stuff means

Name:  919078_10201288678360309_334589938_o.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  131.5 KB
    Ah forgot Manchester was PBL I see a few of those sessions in there, plus a few practicals.
    They'll keep you busy enough (;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richyp22)
    Benefits of being bank is that you don't need to give a **** what people say. Secondly you'll be working nightshifts so can hide away in ward hideouts for most of the shift as all the patients should be asleep.

I really do love nightshifts, patients are asleep, no relatives giving you bs, can sit on your arse for most of the shift, no washes. Perfect.
    That's where i'm the complete opposite. I like to be friendly with other staff so that there isn't any tension and it's easier on me. Patient washes make time go much faster and I love the satisfaction of saying these are the guys i'll be looking after and by such and such time they will all be sitting out, freshly shaven and looking good. Even if they do tip their lunch on themselves an hour later. And i find the relatives even better than the patients!! Even if the patient is an *********, because let's face it some of them are - the relatives are understanding, encouraging and also want a bit of a chit chat. If they feel like the nurse looking after them is nice and can have a bit of banter with them they're so much more at ease. AND think of the chocolate box they leave you when they're discharged.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.