Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obaidiio)
    Got an offer from Southampton! This gap year was totally worth it
    Congrats again man!! All those skype sessions were worth it :cool:

ReputationRep:
    First unconditional through, don't think I've ever felt so relieved or ecstatic! #gapyahpower

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lecamel)
    First unconditional through, don't think I've ever felt so relieved or ecstatic! #gapyahpower

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats!!
    What uni is it for?

ReputationRep:
    Interviews are over and done with!! Woooo!
    St Andrew interview today was very nice and relaxed!!!

Now the waiting game starts :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XingBairong)
    Interviews are over and done with!! Woooo!
    St Andrew interview today was very nice and relaxed!!!

Now the waiting game starts :L
    Congrats on the interviews. I know the feeling as well

Where have you applied other than St Andrews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lecamel)
    Congrats on the offer You can relax for the rest of your gap yah!

Where is the offer from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhle20)
    Congrats on the interviews. I know the feeling as well

Where have you applied other than St Andrews?
    Barts, st George and st Andrew.
    Rejected by Durham because of UKCAT (my was 738).
    UCL biomed - heard nothing.

And thank you. At least I have nothing to worry about now. :L.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XingBairong)
    Barts, st George and st Andrew.
    Rejected by Durham because of UKCAT (my was 738).
    UCL biomed - heard nothing.

And thank you. At least I have nothing to worry about now. :L.
    Your UKCAT was 738 and you were rejected!! :eek:

It's a small world I also applied to Barts and almost applied to SGUL but changed it last minute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple and gold)
    Congrats!!
    What uni is it for?
    Sheffield Uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,
    I wanted to know what jobs specifically have people gotten?

I am looking for a part time one along with my studies but cant seem to find any?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhle20)
    Your UKCAT was 738 and you were rejected!! :eek:

It's a small world I also applied to Barts and almost applied to SGUL but changed it last minute
    Aha. Let me know if you get into Barts!!
    And yeah the cut off was 745 :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple and gold)
    hey guys,
    I wanted to know what jobs specifically have people gotten?

I am looking for a part time one along with my studies but cant seem to find any?

Thanks
    I applied as a Christmas temp at Schuh but got kept on only problem is I dont get enough hours. I escape the boredom though by volunteering 10 hours a week so its all good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Congrats again man!! All those skype sessions were worth it :cool:
    Thanks bro! They were definitely worth it- no doubt! XD

ReputationRep:
    iv got another 4 rejections so reapplying was t worth it :/ . im thinking of going abroad, anyone else thinking about it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ricerules)
    iv got another 4 rejections so reapplying was t worth it :/ . im thinking of going abroad, anyone else thinking about it??
    Aww man, sorry to hear that!
    Was there anything that let you down or just a general "not quite good enough"?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, very surprised to hear that. What's your story?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)
    Wow, very surprised to hear that. What's your story?
    Well I applied last year so in year 12 and got 4 rejections without any interviews but that was probably cause of my really low Ukcat.
    So then this year I applied again to Glasgow, Dundee, Manchesyer and Sheffield and got 3 pre-inteeview rejections from all but sheffield where I got an interview. Just got my rejection from sheffield 2 days ago. The 3 rejections I have a feeling were cause of my ukcat cause it was only 685 and maybe sheffiled just didn't like me

ReputationRep:
    Well I applied last year so in year 12 and got 4 rejections without any interviews but that was probably cause of my really low Ukcat.
    So then this year I applied again to Glasgow, Dundee, Manchesyer and Sheffield and got 3 pre-inteeview rejections from all but sheffield where I got an interview. Just got my rejection from sheffield 2 days ago. The 3 rejections I have a feeling were cause of my ukcat cause it was only 685 and maybe sheffiled just didn't like me
    I know at least three peoppe who got offers fron sheffield after results day one was rejected pre interview they went that far down their reserve list!!!! The others post

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hl7495)
    I know at least three peoppe who got offers fron sheffield after results day one was rejected pre interview they went that far down their reserve list!!!! The others post

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow really, that does give me some hope but I really couldn't risk waiting till results day and hoping il get one. Il just apply abroad and if I end up getting an offer on results day il be over the moon and go for it but if not il just go on with the abroad idea.

ReputationRep:
    Wow really, that does give me some hope but I really couldn't risk waiting till results day and hoping il get one. Il just apply abroad and if I end up getting an offer on results day il be over the moon and go for it but if not il just go on with the abroad idea.
    They will contact you if you are on their reserve list later in the year. Quite a few applicants got offers but that was only because more people than usual missed their grades/went elsewhere. Wherever you end up, I wish you well. I know the feeling of being rejected. Just keep your head up and wait for the storm to pass. The sun will shine eventually!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.