Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    boom might be earning crumbs apparently compared to people on here but i got myself one o' those ps4 machines + two count it two games

ReputationRep:
    the last of us was an awesome game tho if you get the chance

ReputationRep:
    I've got 4 rejections (first time) but hopefully going to reapply this year.
    If I get AAA or higher do you think this will give me full mark in academic criteria marking and they will not really look at GCSE's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oreilly96)
    If I get AAA or higher do you think this will give me full mark in academic criteria marking and they will not really look at GCSE's?
    Sorry to hear about those!
    It depends where you apply. If I were you, I'd ignore the really GCSE-heavy places (e.g. king's), try really hard to get an amazing UKCAT and apply to the medschools that love UKCAT. But getting AAA (or higher) will definitely make you eligible to apply for medical school

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhle20)
    Congrats! What games do you have?

(Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Uncharted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Currently playing the last of us, GTA V (THIS IS SO HARD) and I bought far cry 2 but i'm not that impressed thus far

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on a 2nd gap year or planning on taking one if this year doesnt go well?
    I kinda want to but this years been a real struggle socially so far, and next year most of my friends that are still around will be off to uni, just makes me wonder if its worth it...any opinions would be appreciated! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oreilly96)
    What are you planning on doing in the gap year while you reapply? Did you get interviews for your chosen Uni's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)
    Currently playing the last of us, GTA V (THIS IS SO HARD) and I bought far cry 2 but i'm not that impressed thus far
    Nice! You have to get uncharted 2 and 3!

If your interested in shooting then Killzone3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richtea5)
    boom might be earning crumbs apparently compared to people on here but i got myself one o' those ps4 machines + two count it two games
    Which games?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mohid Khan)
    Who are the people in waiting list?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    People they've interview but were not quite good enough to get an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimina)
    People they've interview but were not quite good enough to get an offer
    right, thanks

ReputationRep:
    did anyone here get rejected the 2nd time round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Which games?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    hehe battlefield and killzone! not much variety mind bout 50 pounds a game tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)
    Let's just take a minute to go wild for the fact I've bought a ps3 and am super excited !
    Wow, hope that ps3 increases your hand to eye coordination. Have you got battlefield 4? Black ops 2 is also good

ReputationRep:
    Battlefield 4 is good, assassins creed black flag is boring...

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Manchester on Wednesday, starting to feel the nerves! I spoke to some Manc med students at work last week though and they were really nice and put me at ease a bit. Should hopefully hear the result from Dundee's interview too this week. Well whatever happens I've got a week of annual leave next week

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: Get em pre-owned man! For £25 I got the last of us, gta v and far cry 2 (and yes, I am going to pretend my outrageous / skanky flirting had nothing to do with it).

ReputationRep:
    This year is the first year without January exams at AS/A2 Level, meaning no A2 resits. Do you guys think that because of this, more people will miss their offers this year (not meaning to sound horrible and cold or anything, I hope that anyone with an offer does well enough to make it), and there's more of a chance of people on the waiting list being offered places? Or do you think that universities are just making a few more offers to compensate? Or, do you think that seeing as some universities in the past have had "too many" people making their offer grades and getting in, resulting in the year group being too big, that universities won't alter the number of offers at all?
    Just curious is all, it seems quite interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PocketMerlin)
    This year is the first year without January exams at AS/A2 Level, meaning no A2 resits. Do you guys think that because of this, more people will miss their offers this year (not meaning to sound horrible and cold or anything, I hope that anyone with an offer does well enough to make it), and there's more of a chance of people on the waiting list being offered places? Or do you think that universities are just making a few more offers to compensate? Or, do you think that seeing as some universities in the past have had "too many" people making their offer grades and getting in, resulting in the year group being too big, that universities won't alter the number of offers at all?
    Just curious is all, it seems quite interesting.
    You've mentioned a possible change to number of offers / places etc, but what about changes to grade boundaries If less people are managing to attain the top marks in some papers, (be it because of resits or not) could the grade boundaries will reflect this? As a result, may be very little will change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mohid Khan)
    did anyone here get rejected the 2nd time round?
    This option would only apply if you're an international student who is faced with 4 rejections.....or you're a filthy rich British dude.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    During my random usual procrastination (which is rather prevalent amongst GAP yahs students), I just came across this new UK medical school that will be opening up and taking in their first student intake for 2014 entry. You only need AAB at A-levels to be considered. The deadline is the 28th March 2014, and you will need to apply directly through their university- that is the The University of Central Lancashire.

The website has been provided below:

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/bache...n=Med%20School

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.