The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4120
Original post by Richyp22
This thread has definately shone a bright light on reapplying, nearly all of us have got in! love it!

In other news my all black stethoscope arrived today, I just couldn't resist ordering it now!

I know i love it!!! Where you going :smile:
This thread has definately shone a bright light on reapplying, nearly all of us have got in! love it!

In other news my all black stethoscope arrived today, I just couldn't resist ordering it now!

This really gives me some kind of hope

2014 cycle was a fail for me as a first time applicant :frown:

Well done guys!
Original post by robrob9595
Nice, I'm thinking of applying for a porter post. Do they have like a zero hours contract available or is it all full time? Just thinking of coming back for work in the holidays etc thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just check the NHS Trust website, you should be able to see vacancies on there for your local trust. :smile:
OFFER FROM KING'S COLLEGE LONDON! I still can't believe it, just got back from the gym to find that beauty just sitting on portal, waiting for me. OMFG guys. :biggrin:
Reply 4124
Original post by Joannywhite
Aww congrats :woo: Glad it all worked out for you :biggrin:

cheers! :biggrin:
Reply 4125
Original post by hl7495
Wooohooo party tome where you firming :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hell yeah!! :') and probably uea :smile:
Reply 4126
Original post by purple and gold
Congrats!! :biggrin:
What uni?

cheers!! .. uea :')
Original post by hl7495
I know i love it!!! Where you going :smile:

It's between bristol where i have an offer and liverpool where im waiting for a post interview reply. Torn at the moment.

Wbu?
Original post by letsbehonest
This really gives me some kind of hope

2014 cycle was a fail for me as a first time applicant :frown:

Well done guys!

Just apply strategically as possible next time around, and smash one of the ukcat and Ps. You'll be fine!

Get the grades!, suprizing how many supposed reapplcants in real life I knew fell at this hurdle
Reply 4129
It's between bristol where i have an offer and liverpool where im waiting for a post interview reply. Torn at the moment.

Wbu?

Leeds :smile: Liverpool is a great city with some brill hospitals being rebuilt at the moment alder hey should be ready by 2015 (i think) and the royal 2017 will be great for our generation of graduates but then again everywhere really is great (i just know about lpool :tongue:)
Original post by PocketMerlin
OFFER FROM KING'S COLLEGE LONDON! I still can't believe it, just got back from the gym to find that beauty just sitting on portal, waiting for me. OMFG guys. :biggrin:

High five fellow KCL person, you gonna firm it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done to all you guys, I kind of forgot about this thread last year but it seems like most of us have places for this September! That's amazing!!

I also felt overjoyed when I got the offer from UEA, especially after it was my only interview this cycle (I received all my three rejections in the same week - that was the most crippling time of my life) and I had almost no hope. I only really applied to UEA because it was the only uni that fit my profile, didn't know much about the application process and I went to the interview not really knowing what to expect. I didn't even think my interview was that great, I guess my desperation rubbed off on the interviewers and they felt sorry for me :tongue:.

Somehow I still got an offer so I'm just...relieved. It's a relief that all my hard work, my sleepless nights reading, applying to countless hospitals for work experience, tolerating teachers at school who thought it impossible, battling a chronic illness and family breakdown, I'm finally left with an offer. It's simply a relief. I can now relax and not be anxious and just look forward to September.

Thanks for all your help guys. Some of you earlier posters (I've been a stalker since the very beginning) have been really helpful and hopefully we all have an interesting, funny and mostly rewarding time in medical school and eventually in our respective careers.

:sigh: How my post ended up as a mini speech is beyond me. :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by callummj6747
High five fellow KCL person, you gonna firm it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

HIGH FIVE!
Well yep most likely (definitely I'd say), but still waiting to hear back post-interview from Barts and the London, Nottingham, and Leicester. :biggrin:
Original post by PocketMerlin
HIGH FIVE!
Well yep most likely (definitely I'd say), but still waiting to hear back post-interview from Barts and the London, Nottingham, and Leicester. :biggrin:

Yeah get your 4 offers then smugly decline those you don't want, as a payback for last year :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Biggest mistakes / regrets for this cycle everyone?

I'll start:

Applying to Leeds :facepalm:
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
x

+1 rep. (I can almost envisage the emotion behind it) Congratulations, and I wish you well in your studies.

Original post by ameelia22
I'll start:

Applying to 3 MMI universities. Lo and behold, my offer came from the med school that used a traditional format.

I'll start:

Doing the BMAT again and reapplying to UCL. Totally pointless as I failed the bmat for the second time :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4137
Original post by _sparks
WOW that's Awesome!

Where do you work and what do you do?

nursing assistant.

I'll start:

Assuming Exeter would be so reapplicant friendly, they treated predicted A*s the same as achieved so my 4As weren't good enough *facepalm*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4139
It's so stressful seeing all you guys with (sometimes multiple) offers and I'm sitting here with nothing :frown: congrats to all of you though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending