Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Biggest mistakes / regrets for this cycle everyone?

I'll start:

Applying to Leeds :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
    x
    +1 rep. (I can almost envisage the emotion behind it) Congratulations, and I wish you well in your studies.

(Original post by ameelia22)
    I'll start:
    Applying to 3 MMI universities. Lo and behold, my offer came from the med school that used a traditional format.

ReputationRep:

I'll start:

Doing the BMAT again and reapplying to UCL. Totally pointless as I failed the bmat for the second time :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _sparks)
    WOW that's Awesome!

Where do you work and what do you do?
    nursing assistant.

ReputationRep:

I'll start:

Assuming Exeter would be so reapplicant friendly, they treated predicted A*s the same as achieved so my 4As weren't good enough *facepalm*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's so stressful seeing all you guys with (sometimes multiple) offers and I'm sitting here with nothing congrats to all of you though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcollin1)
    It's so stressful seeing all you guys with (sometimes multiple) offers and I'm sitting here with nothing congrats to all of you though!
    Hang in there. Your time will come!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frogs r everywhere)
    Hang in there. Your time will come!
    mmmm I sure hope so... it's annoying that the one's I'm waiting for could get back any time until end of March so I still have potentially 2 weeks of agonising waiting! Although that's nothing compared to the 4 months I've already waited I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    Yeah get your 4 offers then smugly decline those you don't want, as a payback for last year :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahah, oh you are evil. But yes, that is the general idea (I will be absolutely astounded if I manage 4 offers, though).

ReputationRep:
    Welll done reapplicants! *high fives*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GUYS. I just got an offer from Glasgow! Repeating the cycle proved worthwhile thank christ haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottasaurus)
    GUYS. I just got an offer from Glasgow! Repeating the cycle proved worthwhile thank christ haha
    Well done!! Best feeling?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmagic)
    Well done!! Best feeling?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, best ever. Still gobsmacked

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seeing the 2013 reapplicants thread last year after my final rejection, I thought they were a lucky group and I didn't expect our year to do as well as them. But really well done people, we made it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd create a tumblr account and try and log all my experiences from offer to graduation :P http://callamsdomicileofdreams.tumblr.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Affliction)
    Seeing the 2013 reapplicants thread last year after my final rejection, I thought they were a lucky group and I didn't expect our year to do as well as them. But really well done people, we made it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Love all this. Amazing. I feel so proud of us all and ive never even met you hahahaha medic love <3

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys! Congratulations to everyone who has received an offer! Hard luck to those who weren't so lucky, I'm sure you'll get 'em next time!

I'm a first time applicant for 2014 entry but at the moment it's looking like I'm going to have to take a gap year and apply as a re applicant for 2015 entry!

I'd like to seek some advice from you guys about this! Which universities are the best for re applicants? Did you apply to any of the universities you were rejected from? And also, I hope you don't mind sharing with me exactly what you did during your gap year? This would be very helpful to me!

Thanks a million (in advance) 😜

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureSurgeon)
    Hello guys! Congratulations to everyone who has received an offer! Hard luck to those who weren't so lucky, I'm sure you'll get 'em next time!

I'm a first time applicant for 2014 entry but at the moment it's looking like I'm going to have to take a gap year and apply as a re applicant for 2015 entry!

I'd like to seek some advice from you guys about this! Which universities are the best for re applicants? Did you apply to any of the universities you were rejected from? And also, I hope you don't mind sharing with me exactly what you did during your gap year? This would be very helpful to me!

Thanks a million (in advance) 😜
    I dont think there's universities that are best but probably a few you should avoid. Have a look at the applying to your strengths page on here to see where would be best in your situation (if it comes to that, hope not!). Personally I applied to all the same universities as last time but just worked on my weak points of my application (mainly due to the fact I'm Scottish and didn't want to pay uni fees haha).

My gap year has been pretty shoddy if I'm honest. I couldnt really afford to travel or anything and job seeking is incredibly hard, especially in a smaller city. Don't cut your options, apply for everything and anything but try and get a job in the NHS or a care home. I had a load of interviews but missed out by not much most times :/ I've been working in Schuh part time since October and I do volunteering at a Macmillan day care unit for 10 hiurs a week.

Anyway, best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottasaurus)
    I dont think there's universities that are best but probably a few you should avoid. Have a look at the applying to your strengths page on here to see where would be best in your situation (if it comes to that, hope not!). Personally I applied to all the same universities as last time but just worked on my weak points of my application (mainly due to the fact I'm Scottish and didn't want to pay uni fees haha).

My gap year has been pretty shoddy if I'm honest. I couldnt really afford to travel or anything and job seeking is incredibly hard, especially in a smaller city. Don't cut your options, apply for everything and anything but try and get a job in the NHS or a care home. I had a load of interviews but missed out by not much most times :/ I've been working in Schuh part time since October and I do volunteering at a Macmillan day care unit for 10 hiurs a week.

Anyway, best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the reply! Did you end up receiving an offer this time around?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureSurgeon)
    Thanks for the reply! Did you end up receiving an offer this time around?
    Yeah from Glasgow, still waiting for Aberdeen

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.