Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richyp22)
    Pure selfishness if you ask me,especially coming from a reapplicant.
    How so? It's not like I'm stealing offers from other people. I worked really hard to improve my application and whilst there are deserving applicants who may not get an offer it does not mean I do not deserve to see their response. As you know they give out more offers than places and also have a waiting list (to fill any places they may have come results day).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimina)
    How so? It's not like I'm stealing offers from other people. I worked really hard to improve my application and whilst there are deserving applicants who may not get an offer it does not mean I do not deserve to see their response. As you know they give out more offers than places and also have a waiting list (to fill any places they may have come results day).
    I wouldnt say it was pure selfishness no, but can you imagine if you had no offers but were top of a waiting list (though didnt know it obviously). Its just a bit more annoying for said person really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Will our personal savings from work in our bank accounts affect the amount of money we get from nhs bursary or student finance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimina)
    Your right actually, a person won't lose a place from you getting an offer you reject. It will go to someone on the waiting list. Apologies, I misinterpreted the effect of you waiting on a response. I originally thought somebody would lose a place because of these actions but they will not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miel Purple)
    Will our personal savings from work in our bank accounts affect the amount of money we get from nhs bursary or student finance?
    I dont think we get nhs bursary.....b

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hl7495)
    I dont think we get nhs bursary.....b

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought all healthcare students did :erm: hmmmm

edit: oh alright I get it, ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miel Purple)
    You don't get nhs bursary until your 5th year.

(Original post by babychocolate)
    You don't get nhs bursary until your 5th year.
    And I think you have to fill certain criteria to be eligible etc. for the bursary and ofc there's other monetary matters like the grant and maintenance to look into. Though I think as long as you're a UK national you satisfy the main criteria

ReputationRep:
    any bristol firmers??

ReputationRep:
    Just received my 8th rejection, truly am gutted.

Scottish Highers: AAAAA
    Advanced Higher's: BBB
    UKCAT: 715

Working as a HCA in an NHS hospital the past year

Best of luck to you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjp3912)
    Just received my 8th rejection, truly am gutted.

Scottish Highers: AAAAA
    Advanced Higher's: BBB
    UKCAT: 715

Working as a HCA in an NHS hospital the past year

Best of luck to you all
    I'm so sorry to hear this! If you don't mind me asking, where did you apply to and which ones gave you an interview? How do you feel your interviews went?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureSurgeon)
    I'm so sorry to hear this! If you don't mind me asking, where did you apply to and which ones gave you an interview? How do you feel your interviews went?
    Thank You! :-) I applied to:

Aberdeen (Pre-interview, can't understand that)
    Dundee (Post-interview, I came out of the interview feeling very good)
    St Andrews (Thought the interview was average but the rest of my application would bump it up)
    Edinburgh (Straight up rejection)

Got interviews at the same places both years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjp3912)
    Thank You! :-) I applied to:

Aberdeen (Pre-interview, can't understand that)
    Dundee (Post-interview, I came out of the interview feeling very good)
    St Andrews (Thought the interview was average but the rest of my application would bump it up)
    Edinburgh (Straight up rejection)

Got interviews at the same places both years
    Aww okay! What are you planning to do next?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureSurgeon)
    Aww okay! What are you planning to do next?
    I'm honestly stumped, so I'm not sure, do you have an offer(s)

ReputationRep:
    Any thoughts on Leeds vs kings people?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    Any thoughts on Leeds vs kings people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kings student satisfaction sucks for medicine.

Don't know much about Leeds but I would rather go Leeds! Cheaper, better student life, higher student satisfaction, great city!

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff or Sheffield?!?! Never thought I'd be in a position to choose! Helppp!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nandos94)
    Damn you beat me to this thread :')

Hey everyone. I'm another re-applicant, just popping in to say hi and offer any help I can. As Tatty said, it's really a lot easier being a re-applicant and your gap year will genuinely be awesome. I happened to turn it all around, 4 rejections to 4 offers! Feel free to message me or whatever, I'm off to Edinburgh this september. Good luck all
    Hi i got one interview and three rejections and feeling so down dont know what do in the gap year any suggestions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehreem5)
    Hi i got one interview and three rejections and feeling so down dont know what do in the gap year any suggestions!
    HahahahhahahahahahahaaahahaHahah - go to the rejection thread, loser!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    HahahahhahahahahahahaaahahaHahah - go to the rejection thread, loser!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what?? Seriously, like why are you even bothering with medicine?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.