The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hl7495
I completely understand its comforting to have it there though i found i think thats why i went all the way till results day. If you have an worries or just want someone to talk to go ahead i was the inly friend who applied to medicine its a different world and not everybody gets it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha cheers mate!
Original post by mcollin1
4 interviews, no offers! :frown: decided maybe its not for me at this time...
Yeah I had microbiology at Notts but rejected that, think i'm going to go for Biomedical Sciences with Anatomy/Physiology at Cardiff now :smile:

Got that bit - what was the feedback you were getting from universities?
Reply 4282
Original post by ameelia22
Got that bit - what was the feedback you were getting from universities?

Exeter is the only one i've heard back from for feedback so far, need to write to HYMS and email the others as on UCAS it was 'other people did better', kinda obvious...
Anyway Exeter gave me a score of 13.33 or something and you needed 24ish for an offer so i was way off, but i knew it had gone terribly right after. I cant remember what else they said exactly...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4283
woooh second offer today! definetly take a gap year and reapply guys!! now i have to choose between liverpool and bristol...any advice?
Reply 4284
Original post by tanb
woooh second offer today! definetly take a gap year and reapply guys!! now i have to choose between liverpool and bristol...any advice?

Congratulations!! Can I ask what you did on your gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4285
Original post by He2
Congratulations!! Can I ask what you did on your gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou! I worked as a hca in the children's part of a&e so it's been quite good however very stressful waiting for offers! I finish in two weeks then go travelling around SE Asia with friends 😊 are you on a gap year or taking one??
Reply 4286
Original post by Miel Purple
Hi:smile: can I ask how you apply for accommodation at East Anglia?

I haven't received information about it yet...

Hi! I've pasted a link to the page below. When you open the page there's a link to the application forms at the bottom and if you click that link and then scroll down the new page you'll find a link to the Health Undergraduate Accomodation Preference form. I don't think it allows you to create an account unless you've firmed but I hope my instructions were okay :smile:

http://www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate-accommodation/ug-how-to-apply
Original post by OohNana
Hi! I've pasted a link to the page below. When you open the page there's a link to the application forms at the bottom and if you click that link and then scroll down the new page you'll find a link to the Health Undergraduate Accomodation Preference form. I don't think it allows you to create an account unless you've firmed but I hope my instructions were okay :smile:

http://www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate-accommodation/ug-how-to-apply

Thanks a lot! :biggrin:

I'll firm in a few days.

What accommodation would you like?
Reply 4288
**** my life. Gap year proper begins with me forgetting the PIN to ALL of my cards - am now sitting in Mumbai airport in 30 oC at 2 o'clock in the morning, on my own, surrounded by mozzies, waiting for a delayed flight to HK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4289
Original post by Hugby1
**** my life. Gap year proper begins with me forgetting the PIN to ALL of my cards - am now sitting in Mumbai airport in 30 oC at 2 o'clock in the morning, on my own, surrounded by mozzies, waiting for a delayed flight to HK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I take it youve firmed one eventually then? YOLO MATE YOLO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4290
Original post by tanb
Thankyou! I worked as a hca in the children's part of a&e so it's been quite good however very stressful waiting for offers! I finish in two weeks then go travelling around SE Asia with friends 😊 are you on a gap year or taking one??

Ooh that sounds fun! 😄 I'm taking a gap year after being rejected this year. I'm really unsure about gap years as I don't know of anyone who's reapplied before. Do you think it would be okay to get a retail job, but do a lot of regular volunteering instead of HCA posts as I am struggling to find vacancies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4291
Original post by He2
Ooh that sounds fun! ������ I'm taking a gap year after being rejected this year. I'm really unsure about gap years as I don't know of anyone who's reapplied before. Do you think it would be okay to get a retail job, but do a lot of regular volunteering instead of HCA posts as I am struggling to find vacancies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would honestly say do it...can you imagine doing another degree that youre not passionate about??! that sounds like a good plan if you cant get a HCA post. at my interviews i met a ridiculous amount of reapplicants who were all amazed that i had managed to get a HCA job and they were all doing retail and still had decent applications to get them to interview stage. did you have interviews this year??
Original post by Hugby1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow
Reply 4293
Original post by He2
Ooh that sounds fun! 😄 I'm taking a gap year after being rejected this year. I'm really unsure about gap years as I don't know of anyone who's reapplied before. Do you think it would be okay to get a retail job, but do a lot of regular volunteering instead of HCA posts as I am struggling to find vacancies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i did and got an offer pm me if you want anything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4294
Original post by tanb
I would honestly say do it...can you imagine doing another degree that youre not passionate about??! that sounds like a good plan if you cant get a HCA post. at my interviews i met a ridiculous amount of reapplicants who were all amazed that i had managed to get a HCA job and they were all doing retail and still had decent applications to get them to interview stage. did you have interviews this year??

Yeah that was what I was thinking ☺️ Okay great that's reassuring, thanks! Yup I had one at Dundee and one at Aberdeen... Just waiting on feedback to see what I can improve on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by FutureSurgeon
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is a weird request to make or not but I'd really appreciate it if some of you could PM me your personal statements!

Of course I have no intention of copying you as that would be stupid since they run plagiarism checks on every personal statement to make sure it's original. And even if the plagiarism checks did not exist, copying someone else's personal statement is not something a good doctor / future doctor should be doing.

The reason why I've asked for your personal statements is just so that I can have something to draw inspiration from. I'm interested to see how you spoke about your respective gap years and how you were able to make it sound so interesting to the admissions tutors that they had no choice but to offer you an interview and then eventually an offer. I'd really appreciate anyone who can help.

Thanks in advance!

There is a wiki section dedicated personal stamens which should help you .........

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tanb

Im in same position and i picked liverpool as i'm about nightlight and medic socials which liverpool is notorious for. If you want a boring social life and solid teaching pick bristol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4298
Are people interested in my travels? I can continue to post updates if you like - now in HK on a bus having just paid with my new 'octopus' card (amazing choice of word) reading posters which are everywhere showing students our age: 'work in silence, let success do the talking' - these posters are EVERYWHERE, talk about pressure lol. Oo sexy Asian on the left...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4299
If people want updates I can make a thread? Maybssss?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending