Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnionRing)
    No worries!

Yeah with medicine, it's the same. Unlikely but if you call up on results day then they may consider you. I did this last year with kings 6 year course and Plymouth a100.
    Kings didn't take me in the end but Plymouth were going to invite me to interview until I told them my UKCAT which was below their cutoff
    What exactly did you say when you rung them up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know it's very unlikely to get in through clearing but I figure I have nothing to lose by calling on results day anyway, however, I'm not sure which med schools to call! So my question is as follows:

If you're going to ring up on results day, how would you decide which medical schools to ring up? Would you ring up all 31? Or just the 4 you applied to? Or just the ones (or one) that gave you an interview?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strikesthirteen)
    I had the temp job in records, so I spoke about that. I had a few bits of work experience planned and some more volunteering so that was all on there too. Then I spoke about my new job at interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ta for the response 👌

ReputationRep:
    No worries!

Yeah with medicine, it's the same. Unlikely but if you call up on results day then they may consider you. I did this last year with kings 6 year course and Plymouth a100.
    Kings didn't take me in the end but Plymouth were going to invite me to interview until I told them my UKCAT which was below their cutoff
    Did you call up kings and plymouth because you applied to them and had a rejection from them or were they just choices because you liked the university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureSurgeon)
    Yes I know it's very unlikely to get in through clearing but I figure I have nothing to lose by calling on results day anyway, however, I'm not sure which med schools to call! So my question is as follows:

If you're going to ring up on results day, how would you decide which medical schools to ring up? Would you ring up all 31? Or just the 4 you applied to? Or just the ones (or one) that gave you an interview?

Thanks in advance!

also really curious about which unis to call up, considering there is nothing to lose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissfully)
    Did you call up kings and plymouth because you applied to them and had a rejection from them or were they just choices because you liked the university?
    I had an interview at kings before but was rejected post int. I never applied to Plymouth .

I suggest calling up the unis you were rejected post interview, then call unis you applied then call everyone apart from Oxbridge.
    Also check their websites the day before as some medical schools will state clearly that they won't be in clearing.

It'll get busy and you won't be the only one calling up so good luck

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview at kings before but was rejected post int. I never applied to Plymouth .

I suggest calling up the unis you were rejected post interview, then call unis you applied then call everyone apart from Oxbridge.
    Also check their websites the day before as some medical schools will state clearly that they won't be in clearing.

It'll get busy and you won't be the only one calling up so good luck
    Thanks, I'll give it a go! did you manage to get the grades but held no offers at the time? and what made you call Plymouth then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissfully)
    Thanks, I'll give it a go! did you manage to get the grades but held no offers at the time? and what made you call Plymouth then?
    Yeah I got the grades but held no offers so I gave it a shot .
    I called Plymouth because I didn't think it would be oversubscribed as much.
    I think prestigious universities like imperial and ucl might not work but less prestigious unis might yield better results.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimsiclez)
    Hi everyone!

Thought it would be a good idea to start up a re-applicant thread for 2014 as it seems like a fair few people are deciding to take a gap year and reapply.

It would be nice to discuss what plans people may have as well as just encouraging each other and getting advice/ideas - remember, we're all in the same boat so let's go get 'em!

Medicine 2014 here we come!
    Hello,

The University of Bolton has limited spaces available on some of our medical courses.

Take a look here:

http://www.bolton.ac.uk/Clearing/UK-EU-Courses/Home.aspx

If anyone has any questions please let me know or call: +44 (0) 10204 903030.

Aimee

Let's work together University of Bolton

ReputationRep:
    Advice please!

So I have my UKCAT in about 3 weeks and I am really struggling with Verbal Reasoning of the UKCAT. I have done the Kaplan Mock Test (I get extra time) and I got 60%. My other sections are fine but if you could give me some tips on how to improve the VR will be great.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got the grades but held no offers so I gave it a shot .
    I called Plymouth because I didn't think it would be oversubscribed as much.
    I think prestigious universities like imperial and ucl might not work but less prestigious unis might yield better results.
    I don't think this is correct. All medical schools are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frogs r everywhere)
    I don't think this is correct. All medical schools a
    I mentioned the word think .

So I'm not 100% sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Bolton)
    Hello,

The University of Bolton has limited spaces available on some of our medical courses.

Take a look here:

Aimee

Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Bolton)
    Hello,

Take a look here:

Aimee

somethings not right here?

ReputationRep:
    How are you guys preparing for uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am selling these UKCAT, Medicine interview and personal statement books.

Medicine books.docx

If you are interested please PM me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    How are you guys preparing for uni?
    I've done all the important stuff; paperwork, sorted out my accommodation, etc. But I haven't bought much stuff yet...

what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhle20)
    I've done all the important stuff; paperwork, sorted out my accommodation, etc. But I haven't bought much stuff yet...

what about you?
    Same! I don't know whether we are meant to buy books just yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Same! I don't know whether we are meant to buy books just yet?
    Same! I've been given no info at all about what I need...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhle20)
    Same! I've been given no info at all about what I need...
    Have you been contacted after your unconditional offer for anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.