Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuziieB)
    I would only be disappointed if those grades didn't allow me to apply for medicine. I don't care too much about A levels, if I got AAB but could still apply for medicine or if necessary another course then I would be content actually. After a degree, no one cares about your A levels do they?

So how did you go about applying for jobs, did you give them personally or online?

Also for UKCAT, what resources do you think are best? I'm thinking of using Kaplan this time around because a lot of people recommend it but not sure how effective it is...

what uni can you apply to for medicine with abb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo1995)
    Actually don't know, I only just found out that I can apply with AAB. Perhaps email the individual uni's like someone on the thread earlier did.

ReputationRep:
    I would only be disappointed if those grades didn't allow me to apply for medicine. I don't care too much about A levels, if I got AAB but could still apply for medicine or if necessary another course then I would be content actually. After a degree, no one cares about your A levels do they?

So how did you go about applying for jobs, did you give them personally or online?

Also for UKCAT, what resources do you think are best? I'm thinking of using Kaplan this time around because a lot of people recommend it but not sure how effective it is...
    Me too tbh. As long as I get a satisfactory AAB I'm content. Well for graduate entry some unis look at A levels to be minimum ABB or something. Not sure though.

Use the NHS website. Search for jobs with a salary up to £20k and make sure you look at the person spec to make your "additional information" (personal statement basically) more strong ( they use that spec to tick the boxes and for interviews)

I'm probably going to do the KAPLAN course. Are you? People have said its good but Not sure if its worth the money. ( it doesn't have a guarantee to support it)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well for medicine you can apply to;

Liverpool
    Lancaster
    UEA
    Plymouth
    Exeter

With ABB but not to Brighton as they want AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Well for medicine you can apply to;

Liverpool
    Lancaster
    UEA
    Plymouth
    Exeter

With ABB but not to Brighton as they want AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually don't know, I only just found out that I can apply with AAB. Perhaps email the individual uni's like someone on the thread earlier did.

wow thanks guys ... is there some sort of condition that you have to go to a lower achieving school or something?
    I do go to a state school but its quite highly achieving.

ReputationRep:
    wow thanks guys ... is there some sort of condition that you have to go to a lower achieving school or something?
    I do go to a state school but its quite highly achieving.
    St George's and Southampton have a widen access scheme; if you go to an under achieving school at st George's will consider your applicant with a minimum of a BBCc, Southampton have a 6 year program for such candidates also.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    St George's and Southampton have a widen access scheme; if you go to an under achieving school at st George's will consider your applicant with a minimum of a BBCc, Southampton have a 6 year program for such candidates also.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks so much for the update I had no idea!

ReputationRep:
    thanks so much for the update I had no idea!
    Your very welcome

I thought you were applying for dentistry? They may be different

How's your application going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    Just thought I'd throw this out there. Stumbled across this blog while I was trawling the internet. Looks like this guys seems to have something worthwhile to say about the whole application process. Thought it might help guys. I know I could do with a hand.
    Best of Luck

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    Just thought I'd throw this out there. Stumbled across this blog while I was trawling the internet. Looks like this guys seems to have something worthwhile to say about the whole application process. Thought it might help guys. I know I could do with a hand.
    Best of Luck

http://drmarswarren.wordpress.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merc101)
    Hey guys,
    Best of Luck

http://drmarswarren.wordpress.com/
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your very welcome

I thought you were applying for dentistry? They may be different

How's your application going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah i hope to but ... You never know - especially with results day coming up
    Haven't really started my ucas stuff ... Just waiting on results to begin all that ... Also need to start ukcat prep.
    Hbu ?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i hope to but ... You never know - especially with results day coming up
    Haven't really started my ucas stuff ... Just waiting on results to begin all that ... Also need to start ukcat prep.
    Hbu ?
    Have you found a job?
    Same haven't started m UCAS stuff either also waiting for results.
    Same no UKCAT prep done lol when you planning to start?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you found a job?
    Same haven't started m UCAS stuff either also waiting for results.
    Same no UKCAT prep done lol when you planning to start?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm still waiting for my CRB check to come back so I haven't go a job yet. Ive been looking for other jobs outside the healthcare sector but it has proved to be unsuccessful
    I'm starting ASAP as my ukcat test is at the end of August

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for my CRB check to come back so I haven't go a job yet. Ive been looking for other jobs outside the healthcare sector but it has proved to be unsuccessful
    I'm starting ASAP as my ukcat test is at the end of August
    That good what kind of job you looking for?

How will you prepare? I feel so demotivated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That good what kind of job you looking for?

How will you prepare? I feel so demotivated

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha lol I was doing ukcat just a min ago ... got bored - and now im on tsr

IDK .. i need some advice too.
    I think next week it might be easier - just revise ukcat to forget about results day

I'm looking for an admin job - I dont want anything too hard .. just sit on my arse and type
    I tried charity fundraising last week - DEFO would NOT advise anyone to do it especially door to door

ReputationRep:
    Haha lol I was doing ukcat just a min ago ... got bored - and now im on tsr

IDK .. i need some advice too.
    I think next week it might be easier - just revise ukcat to forget about results day

I'm looking for an admin job - I dont want anything too hard .. just sit on my arse and type
    I tried charity fundraising last week - DEFO would NOT advise anyone to do it especially door to door
    Lol I have done it before. I still won't forget the lady who said "I have money but I'm going to spend it going shopping" :\ I felt really..awkward lol

Admin jobs are difficult to get; in the NHS anyways lol.

I see your theory, but forgetting about results day seems unlikely.

Don't feel like doing the UKCAT prep effort finding out whether I am able to even apply

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol I have done it before. I still won't forget the lady who said "I have money but I'm going to spend it going shopping" :\ I felt really..awkward lol

Admin jobs are difficult to get; in the NHS anyways lol.

I see your theory, but forgetting about results day seems unlikely.

Don't feel like doing the UKCAT prep effort finding out whether I am able to even apply

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol wth someone said that ? Fjjklvcl that's just heartless!
    Who did you work for ? Why did you quit ?

ReputationRep:
    Lol wth someone said that ? Fjjklvcl that's just heartless!
    Who did you work for ? Why did you quit ?
    It was for save the children and Bernados. I volunteered to do it for a day lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to say, good luck to everyone for results day! Is it next Thursday?
    I was in your position last year and know how nerve-wracking it was. My friends didn't understand as I didn't have an offer to meet, and they didn't grasp that I still needed the grades to be able to re-apply (or, at least, re-apply with the least amount of hassle).

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.