Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaQ_mAn_)
    Dnt know yet, needa do my UKCAT first, but im thinking i'll rty Manchester again, and then the rest will depend on my UKCAT, got 670 last year, lol surely i wont do worse?
    lol, if you dont mind me asking how did you prepare for the UKCAT?
    With 670 i would think you would be a shoe in for offers??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesypuff)
    lol, if you dont mind me asking how did you prepare for the UKCAT?
    With 670 i would think you would be a shoe in for offers??
    The 600 book mainly. well I had three interviews, but i messed them up i guess

ReputationRep:
    The 600 book mainly. well I had three interviews, but i messed them up i guess
    If u don't mind me asking where?
    i had no interviews😢

ReputationRep:
    If u don't mind me asking where?
    i had no interviews
    Manchester, leicester and st georges

ReputationRep:
    Could u please tell me how you got an interview at st George's and Manchester? I'll be willing to help you in anything. I really want to get an offer from Manchester and st George's.

inwould really appreciate any help and if u need any help from me tell me!

ReputationRep:
    Could u please tell me how you got an interview at st George's and Manchester? I'll be willing to help you in anything. I really want to get an offer from Manchester and st George's.

lol wat dyu mean? I applied and they gave me an interview? I mustve met their academic and ukcat requirements, dw i didnt have to sleep with anyone of beat anyone up

ReputationRep:
    lol wat dyu mean? I applied and they gave me an interview? I mustve met their academic and ukcat requirements, dw i didnt have to sleep with anyone of beat anyone up
    What that's not what I meant!!i heard that those are 2 competitive unis and there's like 8-9 people per 1 place. I was just amazed you got offers from both of them

ReputationRep:

Christ, there is no set way to get an interview from somewhere. Every application is different, every personal statement is different and everyone's experiences are different.

You can boost your chances by looking at the universities selection for interview criteria, and making sure / trying to meet those. St Georges offer a guaranteed interview providing you meet all the entry requirements, with GCSE's, a UKCAT above cut-off etc. Manchester is largely based on UKCAT - there is more info on this on their website. I can't emphasise enough how important it is you do lots of your own research.

ReputationRep:
    Joining this thread

Have applied to several jobs through NHS Jobs website - yet to hear a single thing back. Any success stories?

ReputationRep:
    What that's not what I meant!!i heard that those are 2 competitive unis and there's like 8-9 people per 1 place. I was just amazed you got offers from both of them
    erm i didnt get offers from either of them....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul.dirac121)
    First of all congratulations to your son, excellent set of results there so he should hopefully get a few interviews lined up this year. However I advise to stay clear of leeds uni, it is ridiculously competitive compared to other med schools- leeds recieves 3500-4000 applicants a year which is far higher than average.
    Granted, yes Leeds is competitive so on the options ratherthan definitive list right now. My son did apply last year and was kept on holduntil late February but wasn’t called for an interview so he came reasonably closebut his PS will be stronger this year. There may be many applicants but if youcan get to interview you are in the final group. He’s got to decide in the endand I suspect he will actually drop Leeds as an option when he makes hisdecision on final universities to apply for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bumble333)
    4 A* sooooo happy !! Anybody know if Cambridge would consider a reapplicant ?
    IMO, it would depend on why you were unsuccessful the first time. The general rule is 'don't reapply to somewhere which rejected you after interview' but there are exceptions. Ultimately, you'll have to ask an admissions tutor for a definitive answer. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shunoai95)
    Hey, does anyone know if I can retake some A2 modules in the next summer and still apply this year?
    I've left school and I wont be getting tutored from any school, just going into school for my retake exams...
    is this possible to still apply to medical school?
    See the wiki article on 'resit policies' - it boils down to UEA, BSMS, Exeter and Plymouth, plus places you applied to if there are provable extenuating circumstances. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastaferian)
    See the wiki article on 'resit policies' - it boils down to UEA, BSMS, Exeter and Plymouth, plus places you applied to if there are provable extenuating circumstances. Good luck!
    Whilst this doesn't apply to me, where can you apply if you resit your AS year with no extenuating circumstances? I ask, because many universities that would normally consider reapplicants consider them on the basis that they achieved XXX at A2 at first sitting, however because you resit your AS year you don't know that information?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I got the same results. Where are u applying?
    I also got exactly the same lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I also had manchester and leicester interviews and got rejected. I think they're difficult compared to maybe just a more normal style of interview ( i don't know much about st georges but they're MMI aswell?). Do you think you'll reapply to Leicester or Manch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    I also got exactly the same lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where are u applying ?

ReputationRep:
    Where are u applying ?
    I was thinking Leeds as I heard they give you extra points for achieved a levels but I'm not sure anymore as reading this thread made me think otherwise.

Perhaps st George's, Leicester, Manchester and Leeds if the above is true. And yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me feeling a bit inadequate with AAAa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    I was thinking Leeds as I heard they give you extra points for achieved a levels but I'm not sure anymore as reading this thread made me think otherwise.

Perhaps st George's, Leicester, Manchester and Leeds if the above is true. And yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe St.Georges,Leeds,Manchester and Hull York

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.