Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SusieShire)
    Just wondering what everyone is planning to do if they don't get an offer for medicine this year? I don't know whether I'd take Biomedical Sciences and do the grad route to become a doctor or if I would apply for nursing or midwifery next year.
    would you ever consider going abroad?

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone doing their UCAS- are you doing everything yourself or are you still getting help from school etc e.g. to check statements etc, plus last year we all got help regarding to fill it out etc but do we have to do it by ourselves now ? lol Also once it's complete do you need to send it to them so they can add the references etc. We need to make a brand new UCAS account don't we i.e. we can't use our one from last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    would you ever consider going abroad?
    No, I don't think so. I can't imagine ever having enough money to do that comfortably and besides I love the UK too much, couldn't imagine living anywhere else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SusieShire)
    No, I don't think so. I can't imagine ever having enough money to do that comfortably and besides I love the UK too much, couldn't imagine living anywhere else!
    LOL true!

Biomed seems like an option but I don't know if I could get as excited/ passionate about it plus it's even more competitive to apply after that. LOL and I wouldn't like to take another gap year :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    best of luck to everyone.

i wanted to know where should I apply?
    a levels A*AAA
    gsce 9A*s

lots of experience and plplacements hoping to get a hca Job

ukcat 660

thanks and please tell me which unis I'd get offers from hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    I know, I just dread this running around part with UCAS, I defy anyone not to get a little bit stressed (especially when these 4 choices determine your life) still not 110% sure yet, I think I'm going to leave it until the start of October That's great man, happy to have a read of it if you want a second opinion. 4th October :eek: wow that must be like one of the last UKCAT exams, best of luck in it. Unfortunately I used the old version 600Q which is probably why my VR sucked because there are no new types in there, however I would suggest tackling section by section to hone in on your strengths weaknesses and to address them by more practice on other sources. Argh sorry to hear on the interview, well many of us re-applicants have been there dude in some shape or form. It's in Spain or New Zealand, can't remember...I don't think I'm going to put it into my PS, I'm focusing on what I have done and what I've learnt rather than rambling on about something that has not even happened for definite. If you don't have one, I don't think there is a need to, if they ask you at interview, you can prepare an answer for then but imo, it would be more productive in a med PS to spend that space writing on what you have drawn from your experiences and thus why you would make a good doctor or candidate for medicine etc. Meanwhile back to BMAT revision for me, literally 2 months until the exam but this requires way more prep Let me know how you get on chief!
    Wow the dreaded BMAT!!! So you apply to the BMAT uni before you take the test? Must be risky though but I'm sure you will SMASH it how do you prepare for it though? I don't know much but I know there is an essay?? Lol

October is not far from today! I can't believe it time went so fast!!!!! Yeah same I'm not gonna include my gap year at all now but would they not think I'm lazy or something or does it not matter? Lol

Yeah 4th is the deadline for UKCAT😝 may move it to the end of September though to make things happen faster lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you have to put your BMAT choice before you actually do the exam so it's quite a gamble, which is why I'm only picking 1 and there is an essay which seems okay but definitely needs practice! I just done my first BMAT mock exam today, very time pressured in the second section, still did alright but physics is the enemy I think it matters if you definitely have something concrete like a permanent job with specific experiences that you can really relate to medicine during your gap year but there's no point in adding it in if it doesn't connect for example 'For my gap year I'll be working at Burger King which will help me become a good doctor because it will boost my teamwork skills...' Haha well don't leave it too late, you want a week or two to think about your choices and 4th October doesn't leave you much time until the deadline. Still though you do what you have to, to do well on that exam So happy just got my first job interview next week to teach at a fancy school for Years 8, 9 and 10. Back to high school we go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    Yes you have to put your BMAT choice before you actually do the exam so it's quite a gamble, which is why I'm only picking 1 and there is an essay which seems okay but definitely needs practice! I just done my first BMAT mock exam today, very time pressured in the second section, still did alright but physics is the enemy I think it matters if you definitely have something concrete like a permanent job with specific experiences that you can really relate to medicine during your gap year but there's no point in adding it in if it doesn't connect for example 'For my gap year I'll be working at Burger King which will help me become a good doctor because it will boost my teamwork skills...' Haha well don't leave it too late, you want a week or two to think about your choices and 4th October doesn't leave you much time until the deadline. Still though you do what you have to, to do well on that exam So happy just got my first job interview next week to teach at a fancy school for Years 8, 9 and 10. Back to high school we go
    Wow I would never be able to do the BMAT lol well done on the mock!

Yeah I most definitely will not be mentioning a gap year in my PS lol. What's the job name? Well done!! An prepare well, you won't have to apply for more if you get this one. But the real question is...What's the pay? haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green Bubblegum)
    Hey guys,
    best of luck to everyone.

i wanted to know where should I apply?
    a levels A*AAA
    gsce 9A*s

lots of experience and plplacements hoping to get a hca Job

ukcat 660

thanks and please tell me which unis I'd get offers from hopefully
    ummm Cardiff, Leeds, Sheffield, Birmingham, Oxbridge too, UCL, Imperial, BSMS. Some more as well probably

ReputationRep:
    OMG I am so freaked out about the UKCAT :\ I have been doing some QR and hardly got any Qs right!!! I haven't guessed a single pattern with Ar either!! Currently using the sh** new 600Q book though lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    OMG I am so freaked out about the UKCAT :\ I have been doing some QR and hardly got any Qs right!!! I haven't guessed a single pattern with Ar either!! Currently using the sh** new 600Q book though lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Told you hehe! Qr in the real thing is not bad but I swear the calculator is out to sabotage you, ALT C never worked for me, the calculator was huge and covered parts of the question, esc never worked to clear it either D: I was used to pressing ESC when practising so that could be my fault! But the questions themselves are ok

(Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Wow I would never be able to do the BMAT lol well done on the mock!

Yeah I most definitely will not be mentioning a gap year in my PS lol. What's the job name? Well done!! An prepare well, you won't have to apply for more if you get this one. But the real question is...What's the pay? haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hehe, so I guess you've completely scrapped the one from last year? It's a literacy and numeracy tutor, really want this one. Lol I knew that question was coming...well so far they said if I get it, I have to attend a 12 week induction to get settled into the role and they will pay £7.50/hr after 3 months of that, they will re evaluate my salary based on the first 3 month performance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Told you hehe! Qr in the real thing is not bad but I swear the calculator is out to sabotage you, ALT C never worked for me, the calculator was huge and covered parts of the question, esc never worked to clear it either D: I was used to pressing ESC when practising so that could be my fault! But the questions themselves are ok
    How did you perform in this book? I officially hate it :\

Damn! That must have been a pain, last time i just clicked the clear button each time which took a lot of time lol. well at least you still popped out with an amazing score!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    Hehe, so I guess you've completely scrapped the one from last year? It's a literacy and numeracy tutor, really want this one. Lol I knew that question was coming...well so far they said if I get it, I have to attend a 12 week induction to get settled into the role and they will pay £7.50/hr after 3 months of that, they will re evaluate my salary based on the first 3 month performance.
    Yep completely scrapped it. Looking back at it... What was I thinking? :\

Sounds good! I hope you get it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by frogs r everywhere)
    I've started working as a charity fundraiser for a cancer charity (but will be applying for more HCA posts). It involves a lot of walking from 3pm to 9pm .....with a 30 minute break in between!
    Nice Those HCAs are tough to get, I've more or less given up on them with this catch 22 situation to have a NVQ Level 3 etc. How's the fundraising going? I feel for you guys, are you ones standing in the street trying to get grumpy people that walk by to donate? How's the rest of your application going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    How is everyone doing their UCAS- are you doing everything yourself or are you still getting help from school etc e.g. to check statements etc, plus last year we all got help regarding to fill it out etc but do we have to do it by ourselves now ? lol Also once it's complete do you need to send it to them so they can add the references etc. We need to make a brand new UCAS account don't we i.e. we can't use our one from last year?
    I'm thinking i'll write down all the qualifications/ info that i put in last years froms and just copy that in to save time and just update the few things that need updating (if we do need to make a new profile that is). Than for PS i'm going to do it myself and just ask for it to be spell checked by parents/ go into school briefly for a teacher that's offered help, i'll ask about references when i go in as well since i'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richtea5)
    I'm thinking i'll write down all the qualifications/ info that i put in last years froms and just copy that in to save time and just update the few things that need updating (if we do need to make a new profile that is). Than for PS i'm going to do it myself and just ask for it to be spell checked by parents/ go into school briefly for a teacher that's offered help, i'll ask about references when i go in as well since i'm not sure.
    Hey yeah that is exactly what I've done/ plan to do

ReputationRep:
    I've started working as a charity fundraiser for a cancer charity (but will be applying for more HCA posts). It involves a lot of walking from 3pm to 9pm .....with a 30 minute break in between!
    If you don't mind me asking , which charity are you working with? I applied to several charities but the majority have told me they cannot employ me because of my age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green Bubblegum)
    If you don't mind me asking , which charity are you working with? I applied to several charities but the majority have told me they cannot employ me because of my age.
    Really? Are you over 18? MarieCurie Cancer Care

ReputationRep:
    Really? Are you over 18? MarieCurie Cancer Care
    No , I am under 18. Do you know of any other charities in West Yorkshire. I have tried Shelter and the Mcmillian group.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.