Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of a good opening is so hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Thinking of a good opening is so hard
    Killzone. Lol

I started mine with a personal experience this time. Last year I didn't it makes your PS different

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys applying through a school/college or as individuals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Killzone. Lol

I started mine with a personal experience this time. Last year I didn't it makes your PS different

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im thinking that as well but it's not really why I want to do medicine but kind of an every day struggle I face which Doctor's have helped me with!

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad if I use the same personal statement as last year because all of the universities that I applied to last year said that my PS was very strong and I worried that If I change it, it won't be as good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhle20)
    Are you guys applying through a school/college or as individuals?
    Going back through school

ReputationRep:
    Hey , does anyone know how Situational judgement test will be used by unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Im thinking that as well but it's not really why I want to do medicine but kind of an every day struggle I face which Doctor's have helped me with!
    So you must include it!! Maybe the doctors inspire you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babychocolate)
    Is it bad if I use the same personal statement as last year because all of the universities that I applied to last year said that my PS was very strong and I worried that If I change it, it won't be as good.
    Did it get you interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Did it get you interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I got 3 interviews and the rejection was because I did some extra AS levels in year 11.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babychocolate)
    Yeah, I got 3 interviews and the rejection was because I did some extra AS levels in year 11.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is that a problem though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for medicine this year, am I am wondering if my application is strong enough:
    GCSES: 4A*s, 6As (1 short course) and 1B
    AS levels: A(geog) A(chem) B(biology) - so close to an A! B(maths)
    UKCAT - VR(580) , QR(670), AR(700), DA(650), SJ - band 2 (Average 650)

I have done lots of valuable work experience, I help at a care home, help at a scout group, have lots of hobbies, silver and gold duke of edinburgh, have a job...

Could anyone suggest to me what universities I am most likely to get in to medicine?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily195)
    I am applying for medicine this year, am I am wondering if my application is strong enough:
    GCSES: 4A*s, 6As (1 short course) and 1B
    AS levels: A(geog) A(chem) B(biology) - so close to an A! B(maths)
    UKCAT - VR(580) , QR(670), AR(700), DA(650), SJ - band 2 (Average 650)

I have done lots of valuable work experience, I help at a care home, help at a scout group, have lots of hobbies, silver and gold duke of edinburgh, have a job...

Could anyone suggest to me what universities I am most likely to get in to medicine?

Thanks!
    Glasgow apparently have a 650 cut off score for UKCAT but I'm not certain. Also, your GCSEs are strong for Cardiff

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    Hey yeah that is exactly what I've done/ plan to do
    you sure we have to make a new UCAS account tho? from scratch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green Bubblegum)
    Hey guys,
    best of luck to everyone.

i wanted to know where should I apply?
    a levels A*AAA
    gsce 9A*s

lots of experience and plplacements hoping to get a hca Job

ukcat 660

thanks and please tell me which unis I'd get offers from hopefully
    http://unireq.co.uk/program.php?cour...&submit=Submit
    try this to show which places you're eligible for. Should be most I think except UKCAT heavy/ BMAT unis (unless you intend to do this). Go for GCSE uni's I guess (sould show you on the unireq thing or personal statement ones if you're confident in writing ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richtea5)
    you sure we have to make a new UCAS account tho? from scratch?
    hmm can't say I'm sure for definite I remember looking through a thread and it saying that we needed to make a new account but that was a while ago. I not 100 % sure I will try and find out then I can let you know

ReputationRep:
    hellloo everyone,
    im not a reapplicant but i am going to apply to medicine this year. i've got one question to ask......

at what time period do you normally get interviews from universities?!.... because i want to go on a holiday in december and im not sure to whether to buy the tickets or not?!?

PLEASE HELP......!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I'm looking for a bit of advice really,
    I had applied for medicine 2013 entry (Glasgow, Aberdeen, St Andrews, BSMS)
    I received 2 offers (Glasgow and Aberdeen) and firmed Aberdeen.
    Unfortunately I didn't meet my conditional offer - Got A B B (Maths was 1 mark off) and A* in my Extended Project
    I am planning on doing some resits and reapplying...does anyone have any advice on where to apply/any uplifting stories about people who were in my position and are now at med school?!
    I have read the thread about which ones accept resits but I've noticed people applying to others with resits too?
    Also I want to know whether I should apply this year or wait a year and apply when I have my resit grades
    Muchos Gracias,
    A very deflated yet blindly optimistic gap year person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr boombang)
    hellloo everyone,
    im not a reapplicant but i am going to apply to medicine this year. i've got one question to ask......

at what time period do you normally get interviews from universities?!.... because i want to go on a holiday in december and im not sure to whether to buy the tickets or not?!?

PLEASE HELP......!!!
    Anywhere between November and March maybe even April at a push! I wouldn't really buy any tickets until all your interviews are done or till after this period

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taramolloy)
    Hi there,
    I'm looking for a bit of advice really,
    I had applied for medicine 2013 entry (Glasgow, Aberdeen, St Andrews, BSMS)
    I received 2 offers (Glasgow and Aberdeen) and firmed Aberdeen.
    Unfortunately I didn't meet my conditional offer - Got A B B (Maths was 1 mark off) and A* in my Extended Project
    I am planning on doing some resits and reapplying...does anyone have any advice on where to apply/any uplifting stories about people who were in my position and are now at med school?!
    I have read the thread about which ones accept resits but I've noticed people applying to others with resits too?
    Also I want to know whether I should apply this year or wait a year and apply when I have my resit grades
    Muchos Gracias,
    A very deflated yet blindly optimistic gap year person
    I know that UEA, Plymouth and Exeter allow resits. Im not sure on Liverpool because I know they did but I heard they changed that. Might also be worth asking the universities you applied to last year whether they will accept another application from you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.