Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of a good opening is so hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Thinking of a good opening is so hard
    Killzone. Lol

I started mine with a personal experience this time. Last year I didn't it makes your PS different

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys applying through a school/college or as individuals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Killzone. Lol

I started mine with a personal experience this time. Last year I didn't it makes your PS different

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im thinking that as well but it's not really why I want to do medicine but kind of an every day struggle I face which Doctor's have helped me with!

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad if I use the same personal statement as last year because all of the universities that I applied to last year said that my PS was very strong and I worried that If I change it, it won't be as good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhle20)
    Are you guys applying through a school/college or as individuals?
    Going back through school

ReputationRep:
    Hey , does anyone know how Situational judgement test will be used by unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Im thinking that as well but it's not really why I want to do medicine but kind of an every day struggle I face which Doctor's have helped me with!
    So you must include it!! Maybe the doctors inspire you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babychocolate)
    Is it bad if I use the same personal statement as last year because all of the universities that I applied to last year said that my PS was very strong and I worried that If I change it, it won't be as good.
    Did it get you interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Did it get you interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I got 3 interviews and the rejection was because I did some extra AS levels in year 11.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babychocolate)
    Yeah, I got 3 interviews and the rejection was because I did some extra AS levels in year 11.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is that a problem though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for medicine this year, am I am wondering if my application is strong enough:
    GCSES: 4A*s, 6As (1 short course) and 1B
    AS levels: A(geog) A(chem) B(biology) - so close to an A! B(maths)
    UKCAT - VR(580) , QR(670), AR(700), DA(650), SJ - band 2 (Average 650)

I have done lots of valuable work experience, I help at a care home, help at a scout group, have lots of hobbies, silver and gold duke of edinburgh, have a job...

Could anyone suggest to me what universities I am most likely to get in to medicine?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily195)
    I am applying for medicine this year, am I am wondering if my application is strong enough:
    GCSES: 4A*s, 6As (1 short course) and 1B
    AS levels: A(geog) A(chem) B(biology) - so close to an A! B(maths)
    UKCAT - VR(580) , QR(670), AR(700), DA(650), SJ - band 2 (Average 650)

I have done lots of valuable work experience, I help at a care home, help at a scout group, have lots of hobbies, silver and gold duke of edinburgh, have a job...

Could anyone suggest to me what universities I am most likely to get in to medicine?

Thanks!
    Glasgow apparently have a 650 cut off score for UKCAT but I'm not certain. Also, your GCSEs are strong for Cardiff

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    Hey yeah that is exactly what I've done/ plan to do
    you sure we have to make a new UCAS account tho? from scratch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green Bubblegum)
    Hey guys,
    best of luck to everyone.

i wanted to know where should I apply?
    a levels A*AAA
    gsce 9A*s

lots of experience and plplacements hoping to get a hca Job

ukcat 660

thanks and please tell me which unis I'd get offers from hopefully
    http://unireq.co.uk/program.php?cour...&submit=Submit
    try this to show which places you're eligible for. Should be most I think except UKCAT heavy/ BMAT unis (unless you intend to do this). Go for GCSE uni's I guess (sould show you on the unireq thing or personal statement ones if you're confident in writing ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richtea5)
    you sure we have to make a new UCAS account tho? from scratch?
    hmm can't say I'm sure for definite I remember looking through a thread and it saying that we needed to make a new account but that was a while ago. I not 100 % sure I will try and find out then I can let you know

ReputationRep:
    hellloo everyone,
    im not a reapplicant but i am going to apply to medicine this year. i've got one question to ask......

at what time period do you normally get interviews from universities?!.... because i want to go on a holiday in december and im not sure to whether to buy the tickets or not?!?

PLEASE HELP......!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I'm looking for a bit of advice really,
    I had applied for medicine 2013 entry (Glasgow, Aberdeen, St Andrews, BSMS)
    I received 2 offers (Glasgow and Aberdeen) and firmed Aberdeen.
    Unfortunately I didn't meet my conditional offer - Got A B B (Maths was 1 mark off) and A* in my Extended Project
    I am planning on doing some resits and reapplying...does anyone have any advice on where to apply/any uplifting stories about people who were in my position and are now at med school?!
    I have read the thread about which ones accept resits but I've noticed people applying to others with resits too?
    Also I want to know whether I should apply this year or wait a year and apply when I have my resit grades
    Muchos Gracias,
    A very deflated yet blindly optimistic gap year person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr boombang)
    hellloo everyone,
    im not a reapplicant but i am going to apply to medicine this year. i've got one question to ask......

at what time period do you normally get interviews from universities?!.... because i want to go on a holiday in december and im not sure to whether to buy the tickets or not?!?

PLEASE HELP......!!!
    Anywhere between November and March maybe even April at a push! I wouldn't really buy any tickets until all your interviews are done or till after this period

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taramolloy)
    Hi there,
    I'm looking for a bit of advice really,
    I had applied for medicine 2013 entry (Glasgow, Aberdeen, St Andrews, BSMS)
    I received 2 offers (Glasgow and Aberdeen) and firmed Aberdeen.
    Unfortunately I didn't meet my conditional offer - Got A B B (Maths was 1 mark off) and A* in my Extended Project
    I am planning on doing some resits and reapplying...does anyone have any advice on where to apply/any uplifting stories about people who were in my position and are now at med school?!
    I have read the thread about which ones accept resits but I've noticed people applying to others with resits too?
    Also I want to know whether I should apply this year or wait a year and apply when I have my resit grades
    Muchos Gracias,
    A very deflated yet blindly optimistic gap year person
    I know that UEA, Plymouth and Exeter allow resits. Im not sure on Liverpool because I know they did but I heard they changed that. Might also be worth asking the universities you applied to last year whether they will accept another application from you

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.