Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ngamble)
    Hey guys,
    I am reapplying for 2014 entry after being rejected pre-interview for all 4 of my applications. I applied to QUB, Dundee, Cardiff and Glasgow.

GCSE: 4A*s, 5As, B
    AS: AAAA
    A2: AAB
    UKCAT(2012): 642.5

I am currently resitting the B at Alevel. Any advice on which unis will take a resit at Alevel? I know QUB will take resits as long as I end up with AAA at Alevel.

Thanks!
    How do you now QUB accept re-sit applicants? I thought they didn't.

Which subject was the B in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by überambitious_ox)
    How do you now QUB accept re-sit applicants? I thought they didn't.

Which subject was the B in?
    It says in their admissions they will if you get AAB minimum and resit the B to get an A. You can only do this if you previously applied in the last year!

B was in chemistry unfortunately. Poor module 5 paper dragged me just below

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It says in their admissions they will if you get AAB minimum and resit the B to get an A. You can only do this if you previously applied in the last year!

B was in chemistry unfortunately. Poor module 5 paper dragged me just below

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh okay!

Best of luck with everything! You'll be fine and get that A in Chemistry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Oh right well at least you get help from college for it?? Or do you? Or is that just when you gotta send it off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, we get some form of help when we come in.

Have you started your personal statement? I'm really struggling with what I might put in mine as I don't have a job yet and I don't have any solid plans for the gap year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuziieB)
    Yeah, we get some form of help when we come in.

Have you started your personal statement? I'm really struggling with what I might put in mine as I don't have a job yet and I don't have any solid plans for the gap year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have kind of done a draft but its not really a draft (it's a list of everything I will include lol) so using a list I can change the order of the stuff I put in

I'm not gonna mention my gap year at all because I didn't find a job and won't be doing anything special lol. If I found a job before October the 15ths then I would include it I don't think there is a point of including stuff you haven't done yet!

Are you gonna mention your gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where would I be at an advantage in relation to Med school's entry requirements for A-Levels. I got A*AAB.

PS, I wouldn't mind in Wales/Scotland, it doesn't have to be England!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green Bubblegum)
    Where would I be at an advantage in relation to Med school's entry requirements for A-Levels. I got A*AAB.

PS, I wouldn't mind in Wales/Scotland, it doesn't have to be the UK!
    Tiny bit awkward ^ but i'll let that go 8)

Try the scottish ones, particularly Dundee?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)
    Tiny bit awkward ^ but i'll let that go 8)

Try the scottish ones, particularly Dundee?
    I think you misunderstood me. I was explaining that I wouldn't mind studying medicine in England or Northern Ireland. Just really around this area!
    I am open to travelling and enjoy it.

I am researching and was wondering which uni's place an applicant at an advantage when you have completed your A-Levels. I know Queens do in belfast.

ReputationRep:

PS, I wouldn't mind in Wales/Scotland, it doesn't have to be England!
    Lol I think that's the third time you have asked that

You would be at an advantage for having 4 a levels only at Queen Mary London, in terms of A*s I don't thinks many unis discriminate them from As: apart from Oxbridge, Birmingham, Exeter and Edinburgh where A*AA is a typical offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol I think that's the third time you have asked that

You would be at an advantage for having 4 a levels only at Queen Mary London, in terms of A*s I don't thinks many unis discriminate them from As: apart from Oxbridge, Birmingham, Exeter and Edinburgh where A*AA is a typical offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am emailing uni's but they don't reply

ReputationRep:
    If you're emailing asking them something you could work out from their website (ie do I have a shot with these grades) then they're unlikely to reply at all.

ReputationRep:
    They won't reply to questions like this because they are not allowed to give personalised information to tell you the likelihood of the success of your application

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They won't reply to questions like this because they are not allowed to give personalised information to tell you the likelihood of the success of your application

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok thanks. Have you sorted out any job yet? I applied to a fundraising charity a couple of days ago , they asked for my number to discuss, but never called.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by überambitious_ox)
    I thought Manchester require AAA, in two years??
    ahh i'm sorry I was looking at it in terms of UKCAT, i'm not sure whether they accept resits :/

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know unis which accept resits?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know unis which accept resits?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a section on resits in the medicine wiki. It's complicated so I can't give you a simple answer - you need to study it.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks. Have you sorted out any job yet? I applied to a fundraising charity a couple of days ago , they asked for my number to discuss, but never called.
    Nope still applying atm! I hope they call soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope still applying atm! I hope they call soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    Havve you thought about applying for a retail job in the mean time till you get a hospital job? Should be lots going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richyp22)
    Havve you thought about applying for a retail job in the mean time till you get a hospital job? Should be lots going.
    I am not sure on which retail to work with.
    I worked for gamestop for a week and let's say it didn't go that well.

Also, will retail really employ students in this economic climate??:confused:

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.