Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green Bubblegum)
    I am not sure on which retail to work with.
    I worked for gamestop for a week and let's say it didn't go that well.

Also, will retail really employ students in this economic climate??:confused:
    Security industry will employ anyone (regardless of gender or even species) :\ that's a garantee to all people who end up having to find a boring job as a last resort

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Security industry will employ anyone (regardless of gender or even species) :\ that's a garantee to all people who end up having to find a boring job as a last resort

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright, where can get an insight

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure on which retail to work with.
    I worked for gamestop for a week and let's say it didn't go that well.

Also, will retail really employ students in this economic climate??:confused:
    Yes i worked in retail from 15 lol, so try next,debenhams, boots, john lewis ect. Work there till you get a hospital job. You'll gain skills and money and not get bored ****less over your gap year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richyp22)
    Yes i worked in retail from 15 lol, so try next,debenhams, boots, john lewis ect. Work there till you get a hospital job. You'll gain skills and money and not get bored ****less over your gap year.
    Thanks. Btw , how much is the pay and what do you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richtea5)
    ahh i'm sorry I was looking at it in terms of UKCAT, i'm not sure whether they accept resits :/
    Ahh okay...I don't think they do, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    I have kind of done a draft but its not really a draft (it's a list of everything I will include lol) so using a list I can change the order of the stuff I put in

I'm not gonna mention my gap year at all because I didn't find a job and won't be doing anything special lol. If I found a job before October the 15ths then I would include it I don't think there is a point of including stuff you haven't done yet!

Are you gonna mention your gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought you had to include your gap year!? Wow, everyone said you have to mention it though, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the Universities that allow a year's resit for 2014/2015 Entry?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Btw , how much is the pay and what do you do?
    Very poor because this was before I was 18, so like 4.90 an hour. 18+ It may be like £6-7 an hour at some places. It's not health care assistant pay but it would be better than nothing.

(Original post by SuziieB)
    I thought you had to include your gap year!? Wow, everyone said you have to mention it though, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have to, even if you do I only mentioned a sentence or two about HCA work. As Leeds stated in their admissions statement, they can't give you marks for things you plan to do. So devoting a paragraph to how your going to go travelling the world may be put to better use through talking about things you have already done. But I know some universities like UAE may get in contact to find out what your doing during the gap year.

Also for people looking for care jobs, have you looked in care homes? They're always looking for cheap labour to fill shifts ect which can get you started! The place I volunteered at was anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Alright, where can get an insight
    Directgov jobs good luck!!! There's thousands of vacancies on there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuziieB)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where does it say in any admissions policy that you HAVE To????

Plus what's the point of writing something you haven't done yet? Most unis only consider the things you have already done and not what you forecast you will do

And if they are looking at your PS as a school leaver then it doesn't matter about gap years as most people will be in year 13

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCubed)
    There's a section on resits in the medicine wiki. It's complicated so I can't give you a simple answer - you need to study it.
    Just found it there! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by AhmedDavid)
    Does anyone know the Universities that allow a year's resit for 2014/2015 Entry?

Thanks in advance
    The policies can change from year to year when the admission people (little devils ) review their admission protocol/system. Though the ones I know that will allow resits regardless of any circumstances are UEA, Exeter, Liverpool and others depending on what grades you got the first time round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    The policies can change from year to year when the admission people (little devils ) review their admission protocol/system.
    God forbid they update their policies to reflect current research on how to select the best potential doctors :tongue:

(Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    God forbid they update their policies to reflect current research on how to select the best potential doctors :tongue:
    Well it's all debatable and subjective isn't it, otherwise every medical school in the UK would have a mutual admission selection/policy or opinion on what makes the best potential doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Check this guy out, he's had a blog running from his GCSE days (oh my, I can't even remember them) and is starting his first year at Barts! Quite inspiring and so exciting seeing his updates on starting first year (and yes, I'm quite jealous!)

http://gcsetodegree.blogspot.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)
    Check this guy out, he's had a blog running from his GCSE days (oh my, I can't even remember them) and is starting his first year at Barts! Quite inspiring and so exciting seeing his updates on starting first year (and yes, I'm quite jealous!)

http://gcsetodegree.blogspot.co.uk/
    Cool

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was wondering if anybody here could help me out with my situation.
    GCSEs: 9A*A
    AS: 4A in Bio, Chem, Maths and History
    A2: A in Bio, B in Maths, B in Chem [I wanna cut myself]
    Is there any point in me reapplying for medicine. I have to resit the B grades, even though they were 10 UMS off in each case. A lot of unis will only consider AAB resits, and will I have a chance applying anywhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutbuddha)
    Is there any point in me reapplying for medicine. I have to resit the B grades, even though they were 10 UMS off in each case. A lot of unis will only consider AAB resits, and will I have a chance applying anywhere?
    UEA, Liverpool, Lancaster, Plymouth, Exeter although I'm not sure about Plymouth and Exeter for 2014 entry

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutbuddha)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...Resit_Policies

With ABB, it is going to be difficult but it isn't impossible. (especially if you had persuading extenuating circumstances). I believe that UEA accepts ABB. (prior to resiting)

ReputationRep:
    UEA, Liverpool, Lancaster, Plymouth, Exeter although I'm not sure about Plymouth and Exeter for 2014 entry

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the advice! Do you have any experience concerning reapplying?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.