Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikoB)
    I got a few points below you and I'm thinking UEA? Aberdeen? Manchester? HYMS? Keele? Dundee?
    Lol I want to be safe but there are still risky, especially Manchester!

Exeter use sub test cut off so I won't be applying there :/
    I can't do Manchester, their interview methods freak me out! I will literally be that person in the corner not contributing anything, lool.

Exeter use a sub test cut off? What is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Awh that's sweet! Well I'm sure you will enjoy it are you gonna mention it in your PS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same to you I'm still trying to find space for it but at the moment no and if they want to know what I am doing on my gap year they can see that from the employment section of my UCAS form, or if they ask me at interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    Same to you I'm still trying to find space for it but at the moment no and if they want to know what I am doing on my gap year they can see that from the employment section of my UCAS form, or if they ask me at interview.
    Oh yeah, I never considered the employment section lol.

How's your BMAT prep?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    No they're not, who told you that? The FAQ on the website makes it clear they are not, plus I emailed the admission administrator specifically for that question and she replied back saying they are not considering them for the 2014 entry. I'll call them on Monday to triple check
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post44475638

I had a conversation with a member of tsr who called up and they said they look at the sub test scores and review them :/
    I've sent them an email already about the confusion, I also saw the FAQ arghhhh!
    (Original post by SuziieB)
    I can't do Manchester, their interview methods freak me out! I will literally be that person in the corner not contributing anything, lool.

Exeter use a sub test cut off? What is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Loool yeah it sounds tricky but I heard in the group interview, everyone is given a card which has something written on it. They're all different so everyone will definitely have at least one thing to say!

I don't know the sub test cut off, I don't know it they do or don't. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    You're bound to get something, what stuff have you applied to? HCA or other non-medical jobs?
    Both! I've applied for healthcare jobs, fast food jobs, supermarket jobs, waitress jobs... all I've got is a place on the waiting list for a job at asda.

ReputationRep:
    hi guys,
    what unis should i look into applying

A*AAA and 670 UKCAT average?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple and gold)
    hi guys,
    what unis should i look into applying

A*AAA and 670 UKCAT average?
    Manchester, queen Mary London

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Manchester, queen Mary London

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cut off for Manchester was 662.5 last year..it could rise again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikoB)
    Cut off for Manchester was 662.5 last year..it could rise again.
    Maybe but I think 670 is pretty safe. The majority of people will get 650+ but not many will have 700 (excluding the brainiacs on TSR) lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe but I think 670 is pretty safe. The majority of people will get 650+ but not many will have 700 (excluding the brainiacs on TSR) lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's true, I keep seeing high scores on here and assume they'll all apply to Manchester hence raising cut off :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody else on here applying for any medicine degrees with a foundation year? I only have Chemistry to AS (but have Biology to A2) so I'm applying to King's and St George's for the regular 5 year degree as they accept people with only AS Chem. I'm also applying to Manchester and Sheffield (not 100% decided) for their 6 year foundation degrees for people with a less scientific background.

(Original post by SusieShire)
    Both! I've applied for healthcare jobs, fast food jobs, supermarket jobs, waitress jobs... all I've got is a place on the waiting list for a job at asda.
    I'm sure then by this time next month, you'll have got something, sounds promising

[QUOTE=NikoB;44487984]http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post44475638

I had a conversation with a member of tsr who called up and they said they look at the sub test scores and review them :/
    I've sent them an email already about the confusion, I also saw the FAQ arghhhh!

[QUOTE]
    Yeah I saw that, it doesn't make sense, how dare they put that on a FAQ on their website and then they say otherwise on the phone - obviously one of them is wrong and at least we have ours in writing. Definitely someone has made an error on that front.

Oh yeah, I never considered the employment section lol.

How's your BMAT prep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a toughie no doubt about it Going to decide at the end of the month if I can really cope with this exam or not, my physics is about as good as my Italian (which...I don't speak ). What about you? Not long to go until your UKCAT right, even if it is the last of the batch hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    Yeah I saw that, it doesn't make sense, how dare they put that on a FAQ on their website and then they say otherwise on the phone - obviously one of them is wrong and at least we have ours in writing. Definitely someone has made an error on that front.
    Yeah I know! There was controvery last year on the thread too about some people getting interviews with low ukcat and those with high ukcat got rejected bizarre!
    I've emailed them already, I've already got one risky choice, don't need another :lol:

(Original post by NikoB)
    Yeah I know! There was controvery last year on the thread too about some people getting interviews with low ukcat and those with high ukcat got rejected bizarre!
    I've emailed them already, I've already got one risky choice, don't need another :lol:
    Amen to that , I mean that's so scandalous, that one choice could be the difference between an applicant getting an offer or not - in more ways than one, that choice could be dictating your life. I wish they would make it clear, medicine is risky enough as it is without admin error or miscommunication in admin to lead medical applicants astray in the selection criteria. Where else you thinking of applying dude?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    Amen to that , I mean that's so scandalous, that one choice could be the difference between an applicant getting an offer or not - in more ways than one, that choice could be dictating your life. I wish they would make it clear, medicine is risky enough as it is without admin error or miscommunication in admin to lead medical applicants astray in the selection criteria. Where else you thinking of applying dude?
    Exactly. Especially us reapplicants who are applying again! We don't want any misunderstandings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    It's a toughie no doubt about it Going to decide at the end of the month if I can really cope with this exam or not, my physics is about as good as my Italian (which...I don't speak ). What about you? Not long to go until your UKCAT right, even if it is the last of the batch hehe
    Lol how exactly do they asses you? Is it like an exam with an essay or is it just an essay? I don't know anyone personally sitting the BMAT or applying to medicine at all! So I have no clue

Yeah I know, and my timing is still horrendous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maccman)
    Oh my god i had my interview at sheffield today and i got an offer!!!!
    omg congratulations that's amazing. I was doing gamsat revision today and Im pretty sure im flopping =| I dnt know whether to laugh or cry. having been out of uni for a year and did terrible in my a levels which was nearly 5 years ago not looking forward to next Wednesday. can I ask how did you contact the uni? did yiou contact the general admissions or medicine department ect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuziieB)
    Definitely Exeter! Don't know where else, I got a ukcat of 687.2. Where do you think I could apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exeter want A*AA minimum

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.