Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I have my UKCAT on the 27th and I'm so scared. Luckily, I'm a reapplicant who is applying for postgraduate medicine so I have a list of medical schools that I can apply to if I flip the UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    Nice, I bet you're going to come out with 800+ haha and you'll be laughing all the way home!

I'm aiming for 650+
    If I got 800 I would frame it and then die of shock no chance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SusieShire)
    Yeah they do, I've read their entry requirements page so many times, it's a minimum of 500 in each subtest and then they have an overall cutoff which was 2530 last year.

And I don't know how people coped before google! Whenever I'm going somewhere new I always check out street view, just the other day I had to look up where the Pearson Vue centre was!
    Lol the first time I used google street view... Out of ALL the amazing places in the world I could virtually see.. I chose to see my home

So if you have 500 on each subtest and meet the minimum score your safe? I was told they have higher cut offs on each subtest depending on the people that apply in that year! I just hope that's not true. But after my UKCAT I'm gonna call up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    It's a good school from what my friend told me, he's a 2nd year there. Even though I'm from London, never been to that side before over in Tooting but I'm sure you'll love it being from a small town n' all
    That's good to hear! I've been to London loads of times but only ever to the touristy areas in the centre and the Olympic Park when I saw the Paralympics.

(Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    I'm aiming for 650+
    If I got 800 I would frame it and then die of shock no chance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'll get it, just keep doing what you're doing in practice

ReputationRep:
    Lol the first time I used google street view... Out of ALL the amazing places in the world I could virtually see.. I chose to see my home

So if you have 500 on each subtest and meet the minimum score your safe? I was told they have higher cut offs on each subtest depending on the people that apply in that year! I just hope that's not true. But after my UKCAT I'm gonna call up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think most people look for their home first! I remember running the geography part of open evening at high school and I was supposed to be showing visitors how to use google earth and they all just want to see what their house looked like from space haha!

I think the 500 minimum stays the same each year but the overall score changes depending on who applies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    You'll get it, just keep doing what you're doing in practice
    I really hope so! So have you made your definite uni choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think most people look for their home first! I remember running the geography part of open evening at high school and I was supposed to be showing visitors how to use google earth and they all just want to see what their house looked like from space haha!

I think the 500 minimum stays the same each year but the overall score changes depending on who applies
    Lol I guess it's more to do with how we want space to see our home

Yay! I hope the cut off isn't too high!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone thinking of applying to Barts (queen mary)?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe but I think 670 is pretty safe. The majority of people will get 650+ but not many will have 700 (excluding the brainiacs on TSR) lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hi thank for your help, but with 670 UKCAT i was thinking of keele, brighton, and nottingham.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple and gold)
    hi thank for your help, but with 670 UKCAT i was thinking of keele, brighton, and nottingham.

What do you think?
    I applied for Keele last year and had an interview they use the UKCAT after interview so that doesn't matter.

I have heard Nottingham have a really high cut off (not sure) but I'm sure your average is high enough they also have a questionnaire

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Keele last year and had an interview they use the UKCAT after interview so that doesn't matter.

I have heard Nottingham have a really high cut off (not sure) but I'm sure your average is high enough they also have a questionnaire

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nottingham place quite a high weighting on the ukcat, but bsms and keele only use it after interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelycup7)
    Nottingham place quite a high weighting on the ukcat, but bsms and keele only use it after interview
    I wasn't really considering Nottingham because of the questionnaire and the same for Plymouth and Exeter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Damn! I didn't think like that!

Also... After reading susie's posts before her UKCAT I hope my TOM comes on time :\

I'm just worried it that my PS will be weak

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was literally just like, what the hell is a TOM. Do I need to bring my TOM? Why don't have my TOM?

Then I looked at my crotch and was like...oh. You mean the crimson wave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)
    I was literally just like, what the hell is a TOM. Do I need to bring my TOM? Why don't have my TOM?

Haha I actually laughed out loud at that. When I was in year 7 my friend who got her first period earlier than most of us was going on about "Tom" being around at her house and being a naive 12 year old I thought she was talking about an annoying relative called Tom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)

LOL

I only found out what it stood for in year 13 I used to think its my friends boyfriend or something! it's not commonly used by people around me. They call it the "P" the capital "P". HAHA at the crimson wave!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've posted on this thread before. I'm starting a weeks worth of work experience with a renal consultant tomorrow. I'm not familiar with the trust so I'm slightly scared that the consultants won't be as friendly as the ones at the trust where I used to work. I hope that this week goes well for me. Has anyone fully completed their personal statement yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hawflo)
    Hi, I've posted on this thread before. I'm starting a weeks worth of work experience with a renal consultant tomorrow. I'm not familiar with the trust so I'm slightly scared that the consultants won't be as friendly as the ones at the trust where I used to work. I hope that this week goes well for me. Has anyone fully completed their personal statement yet?
    Well done! I hope you learn a lot from it!
    Have you got a job yet? And will you be mentioning you gap year in your PS?

I haven't complete mine at all! Just about done the first draft how about you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to book a holiday to Canada for the end of October/start of November. No med schools interview then right? Just thought I'd double check as I'm about to spend a lot of money on it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to book a holiday to Canada for the end of October/start of November. No med schools interview then right? Just thought I'd double check as I'm about to spend a lot of money on it.
    Well unis get your UKCT score in November so I doubt there will be interviews happening too soon. Unless its for Oxbridge or Birmingham (they tend to interview early)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.