Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Need some help.

For anyone who has started work, if you didn't have all the vaccinations for the OH check before employment what do you do???

Do I arrange to get my GP to do it or does the OHdepartment deal with it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Hey guys! Need some help.

For anyone who has started work, if you didn't have all the vaccinations for the OH check before employment what do you do???

Do I arrange to get my GP to do it or does the OHdepartment deal with it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The OH department should deal with it. Most people don't have all the vaccines done before their first NHS job.

You should have an OH assessment form to complete and then possibly an appointment for new starters after which your vaccines should be arranged. Incidentally you should also take advantage of the free flu jabs that'll be available around November time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manupalace)
    The OH department should deal with it. Most people don't have all the vaccines done before their first NHS job.

You should have an OH assessment form to complete and then possibly an appointment for new starters after which your vaccines should be arranged. Incidentally you should also take advantage of the free flu jabs that'll be available around November time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright thanks so I just send the OH questionnaire with everything I have and then expect an appointment? Or should I leave a note to let them know I'm a starter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Done my UKCAT yesterday, thinking of Aberdeen, Barts, Keele but dunno about the last option..

ReputationRep:
    Just popped in to wish you all good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaphod77)
    Just popped in to wish you all good luck!
    Thanks from me! Im sure others will appreciate it too aha
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Alright thanks so I just send the OH questionnaire with everything I have and then expect an appointment? Or should I leave a note to let them know I'm a starter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They should know you're a new starter (by that I mean someone who is starting a new job) as they're the only people who have to complete that form. They may then ask you to come in for an appointment but this varies between different trusts, some only do that if there is something concerning on the form (e.g. an illness that may affect your ability to do your job) so there's no need to add a note as all the info they need should be in the questionnaire, if not they'll contact you. Either way they'll let you know about which vaccines they want you to have and arrange it for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manupalace)
    They should know you're a new starter (by that I mean someone who is starting a new job) as they're the only people who have to complete that form. They may then ask you to come in for an appointment but this varies between different trusts, some only do that if there is something concerning on the form (e.g. an illness that may affect your ability to do your job) so there's no need to add a note as all the info they need should be in the questionnaire, if not they'll contact you. Either way they'll let you know about which vaccines they want you to have and arrange it for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright, thank you very much much appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Done my UKCAT! Did so much better than last year, I got 615 last year but got 685 band 1 this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calzour)
    Done my UKCAT! Did so much better than last year, I got 615 last year but got 685 band 1 this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done mate !

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, just got my UKCAT results, I got 695
    I'm a reapplicant with A*AAb
    I'm not sure if they matter anymore but GCSE: 5A*, 3.5A, 1C

I'm thinking to apply to Manchester
    I'd like to apply to Kings, what are my chances of getting an interview?
    And what other unis would be good choices? ( I tried Leicester and SGUL last year, dnt wanna try again.)

Thanks in advance for any advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Well done mate !
    Thank you!!!! Ah I'm so happy! Have you done well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calzour)
    Thank you!!!! Ah I'm so happy! Have you done well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I did it a while ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Yeah I did it a while ago
    woo! Hopefully we both get in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaQ_mAn_)
    Hey everyone, just got my UKCAT results, I got 695
    I'm a reapplicant with A*AAb
    I'm not sure if they matter anymore but GCSE: 5A*, 3.5A, 1C

I'm thinking to apply to Manchester
    I'd like to apply to Kings, what are my chances of getting an interview?
    And what other unis would be good choices? ( I tried Leicester and SGUL last year, dnt wanna try again.)

Thanks in advance for any advice
    Well done!

Consider Cardiff as you would be at an advantage with those GCSE grades. Keele also interview people with the highest academic profile first and I think you would definitely be at the top with achieved grades! Kings I would avoid: their GCSE and UKCAT competition is RIDICULOUS! Its your call

May I ask how you did on the medify mocks (if you did them)?

ReputationRep:
    So I want to apply for Dundee's 6 year course... this is what their entry requirements say:
    AAA grades at A level (A2), to include no more than one science subject and to exclude Chemistry.
    Okay so I have Biology, Psychology and English Lit at A2 and Chemistry at AS. I emailed them a few days ago to check that they didn't count Psychology as a science and that the Chem at AS would be okay but I've not got a reply. I'm probably going to phone them but I was wondering if anyone on here knows? Probably not as I don't think many people on here are applying for Pre-med years as you did the sensible thing and took Chem to A2!

ReputationRep:
    Well done!

Consider Cardiff as you would be at an advantage with those GCSE grades. Keele also interview people with the highest academic profile first and I think you would definitely be at the top with achieved grades! Kings I would avoid: their GCSE and UKCAT competition is RIDICULOUS! Its your call

May I ask how you did on the medify mocks (if you did them)?
    Isn't keele more about PS?

I got 52% on my normal mock, but considerably higher if u dnt count SJ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SusieShire)
    So I want to apply for Dundee's 6 year course... this is what their entry requirements say:

Okay so I have Biology, Psychology and English Lit at A2 and Chemistry at AS. I emailed them a few days ago to check that they didn't count Psychology as a science and that the Chem at AS would be okay but I've not got a reply. I'm probably going to phone them but I was wondering if anyone on here knows? Probably not as I don't think many people on here are applying for Pre-med years as you did the sensible thing and took Chem to A2!
    They want to exclude chemistry at A2, I think AS is fine.
    I wouldn't count psychology as a science, it's a humanity imo. Maths and 3 sciences are sciences imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikoB)
    They want to exclude chemistry at A2, I think AS is fine.
    I wouldn't count psychology as a science, it's a humanity imo. Maths and 3 sciences are sciences imo.
    Thank you I wouldn't count psychology as a science either but I know there are some universities that do for certain courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SusieShire)
    Thank you I wouldn't count psychology as a science either but I know there are some universities that do for certain courses.
    You're welcome
    Hmm well it's best to call up to double check :yy:

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.