Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kc7)
    I spoke to them on the phone, although I didn't take the lady's name so I guess I have no evidence...

I think it would be a good guess that if they are switching to MMIs they'd probably have at least 6/7 stations! :/
    Tbh I had interviews at SGUL and Leicester last year as well, and they were both about 8 stations, exhaustion isn't the problem, the time seems to fly by!
    Was there a maths station at SGUL?I hate maths stations in MMIs. I had one at Keele lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Was there a maths station at SGUL?I hate maths stations in MMIs. I had one at Keele lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

There kind of was, it was like on-the-spot maths in context where you talk to the interviewer about it. Honestly though compared to the MMI at Leicester, the SGUL was a lot more reasonable and actually felt like a medicine interview!
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    What about BM6 at Southampton?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A levels:

A level grades BBC including chemistry and biology (or equivalent qualifications). Subjects with material that overlaps (e.g. biology/ sports studies, mathematics/further mathematics) may not be offered in combination at A level. General studies and critical thinking are not accepted.
    I don't have BBC.

(Original post by kc7)
    There kind of was, it was like on-the-spot maths in context where you talk to the interviewer about it. Honestly though compared to the MMI at Leicester, the SGUL was a lot more reasonable and actually felt like a medicine interview!
    What sort of maths questions was it? Could you give an example?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    I stake my life on it, you can apply to both, you choose Newcastle Medicine twice on UCAS but when it comes to the campus, you put (N) for one and (D) for the other.
    Thank you for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I am an international student in my final year of the IB with predicted scores of:
    English HL: 6
    French HL : 6
    Chemistry HL: 6
    Biology HL: 6
    History SL: 5
    Math SL:5

I have a UKCAT score that is quite average unfortunately, 660 and I am only applying to Edinburgh for medicine... is there any point in me applying?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kc7)
    Yeah sure...
    I don't think it's appropriate to be so specific with interview questions, you're creating an unfair advantage for certain applicants which why SGUL ask you not to circulate questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manupalace)
    I don't think it's appropriate to be so specific with interview questions, you're creating an unfair advantage for certain applicants which why SGUL ask you not to circulate questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    On reflection, I agree.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kc7)
    On reflection, I agree.
    Thanks for deleting the post
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    What sort of maths questions was it? Could you give an example?
    Those who have been through the SGUL MMI (and any other med school interview) cannot give out examples of interview questions as it would provide an unfair advantage to certain applicants. SGUL provide examples on their website and descriptions of what they are looking for in interviewees, that should be enough.

(Original post by manupalace)
    Those who have been through the SGUL MMI (and any other med school interview) cannot give out examples of interview questions as it would provide an unfair advantage to certain applicants. SGUL provide examples on their website and descriptions of what they are looking for in interviewees, that should be enough.
    Fair enough, I was only looking for an example, it didn't have to be the exact maths question you got at the MMI but as I've never done one before I thought it only fair to ask because it did sound a little ambiguous. FWIW I'm not applying to SGUL

ReputationRep:
    I've got two job interviews, one is soon to be a care home apprentice and another in a few weeks to be a theatre support worker. I would definitely prefer the second job but if I get the first job first and then the second could I drop out? I've never had a job before, I don't know how these things work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SusieShire)
    I've got two job interviews, one is soon to be a care home apprentice and another in a few weeks to be a theatre support worker. I would definitely prefer the second job but if I get the first job first and then the second could I drop out? I've never had a job before, I don't know how these things work!
    I think it would take ages to do the paperwork so btw the time you have your second interview your paper work may not be complete (ie OH questionnaire takes ages) so you could drop out then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people said that if you're reapplying you can still use all/the majority of your old statement if you wanted to. However, I was reading Lancaster's admission policy and it states "Lancaster Medical School is notified by UCAS if they find evidence of plagiarism in
    the personalstatement of any of the applicants to our medical degree programme. This might occur
    if an applicant copies sections of another’s personal statement or if they re-apply without
    significantly revising their own personal statement
    . Lancaster Medical School reserves the right to
    automatically reject such applications"

so you can't just use the same PS or it will be plagiarism?

(Original post by CasualSoul)
    A lot of people said that if you're reapplying you can still use all/the majority of your old statement if you wanted to. However, I was reading Lancaster's admission policy and it states "Lancaster Medical School is notified by UCAS if they find evidence of plagiarism in
    the personalstatement of any of the applicants to our medical degree programme. This might occur
    if an applicant copies sections of another’s personal statement or if they re-apply without

I think it might depend, if say you got rejected post interview then it would show your PS was good enough to get through the pre-interview process in which case they shouldn't reject you for using much of what you did before. However if you were rejected pre-interview then I think they want you to really work on the PS and refine it to be something different to what it was before. Definitely call them directly to find out what the procedure will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    I think it might depend, if say you got rejected post interview then it would show your PS was good enough to get through the pre-interview process in which case they shouldn't reject you for using much of what you did before. However if you were rejected pre-interview then I think they want you to really work on the PS and refine it to be something different to what it was before. Definitely call them directly to find out what the procedure will be.
    hmm that would make sense. Yeah I will most definitely contact them in order to clarify : )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)

I hope none of the other schools adopt that policy as I'm only slightly modifying mine :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuziieB)
    I hope none of the other schools adopt that policy as I'm only slightly modifying mine :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm pretty sure your right and like I said above I'm going to contact Lancaster to find out if they were just referring to mediocre statements or if the statement was good then one would still be allowed to use it without making any significant change? but if you are unsure I would just double check..I mean there is no harm in asking

ReputationRep:
    Quick question (kinda noobish)

Can I use snippets of my previous PS in my new one? Or will that get flagged for plagiarism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamyoda)
    Quick question (kinda noobish)

Can I use snippets of my previous PS in my new one? Or will that get flagged for plagiarism?
    Yeah that's fine. You can't plagiarise your own work! I used a few bits of my old PS too.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.