Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    A lot of people said that if you're reapplying you can still use all/the majority of your old statement if you wanted to. However, I was reading Lancaster's admission policy and it states "Lancaster Medical School is notified by UCAS if they find evidence of plagiarism in
    the personalstatement of any of the applicants to our medical degree programme. This might occur
    if an applicant copies sections of another’s personal statement or if they re-apply without
    significantly revising their own personal statement
    . Lancaster Medical School reserves the right to
    automatically reject such applications"

so you can't just use the same PS or it will be plagiarism?
    Well, you can't really plagiarise your own work.

As others have suggested, I would contact the admissions office.

ReputationRep:
    According to this training thing we had to do, you can self-plagiarise. It's more an essay thing though; UCAS plagiarism checks won't pick up your old PS as your UCAS number reverts to the one from last year when you re-apply.
    I used most of my first PS when applying for the second time.

ReputationRep:
    guys is there going to be an interview preparation thread like last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mubashir9995)
    guys is there going to be an interview preparation thread like last year?
    If you make one, there will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)
    Anyone else feeling a bit doom and gloom now all the friends are off to university? Instagram / twitter / facebook are becoming my worst enemy 8)
    Hey! How you finding the KAPLAN online plan? You feeling more prepared?

I love how there are 6 mocks I have only done one yet lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Dr.Ugs)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A week to go mate, haha you must be feeling good, all the best!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I'm a re-applicant too
    So just to be clear... can I use the majority of my PS from last year? I'm only changing a few paragraphs (and adding a paragraph!)
    Good luck to all

ReputationRep:
    Hiya can anyone help me? I was wondering who I should ask to write my reference. I shadowed a gp for two weeks and he has told me he would write me a really good reference, or should I get someone like me old head teacher? Because she knows me academically, although he (the gp) will know what to he needs to write for medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmccormick)
    Hiya can anyone help me? I was wondering who I should ask to write my reference. I shadowed a gp for two weeks and he has told me he would write me a really good reference, or should I get someone like me old head teacher? Because she knows me academically, although he (the gp) will know what to he needs to write for medicine?
    Your reference should be academic and from someone who knows you well. You could ask the GP to write a short reference and ask your teacher to incorporate parts of it, if you wanted, but a reference written by someone who doesn't know your academic capabilities or has known you only two weeks is unlikely to be particularly useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey! Not really been sticking to it too strictly if I'm honest. Been taking it gradually over the month and since KAPLAN I've stepped it up only slightly as it's been difficult around work. I've got annual leave from tomorrow though, so just plan on going hard from then on haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)
    Hey! Not really been sticking to it too strictly if I'm honest. Been taking it gradually over the month and since KAPLAN I've stepped it up only slightly as it's been difficult around work. I've got annual leave from tomorrow though, so just plan on going hard from then on haha.
    That's great! I'm hoping to do one mock a day before the exam now I'm doing the quizzes and have done one mock

I think the online plan is really good! Did you have this last year?

Is your exam still on the 3rd? mines still for the 4th lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    A week to go mate, haha you must be feeling good, all the best!
    Thanks! I have worked really hard this time round. Hopefully it will pay off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had my PS torn apart by PS help service :P I am thankful as now I can see it needs a lot of work!! SERIOUS MODE ON!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Had my PS torn apart by PS help service :P I am thankful as now I can see it needs a lot of work!! SERIOUS MODE ON!
    Haven't even got mine back yet! When did you send it? It was much quicker for me last year...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuziieB)
    Haven't even got mine back yet! When did you send it? It was much quicker for me last year...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A while ago, may be 4 days?

ReputationRep:
    A while ago, may be 4 days?
    Same, mine was on the 23rd. Maybe I'll get it back tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but what's ps help service?

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to put any details from last years UCAS application to this years one. like a reference number or something

Gosh UCAS Track looks so different this year, they've tried to pimp it out

ReputationRep:
    I got 655 in ukcat
    A*AA in Psychology Chem and bio receptively
    I have done volunteering at a hospice for a couple of months, clinical work experience and visited a medical conference
    My extra curricular is pretty poor, as i have just stated what i 'like' to do but i don't really have proof

Can someone recommend universities in which i have a chance in getting an interview?

Thanks alot!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.