Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Anyone heard that drunk driving advert? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's played on Capital a lot. It goes something along the lines of...

I took a 5 minute drive, the police flagged me down, arrested and cuffed me for drink driving, put me in a cell over night, made it hard to see my GF so we split up, my employer sacked me because I had a drunk driving conviction.

Talk about over reacting?

If your girl friend is so insecure that she can't do without you for one night then you're better off without her anyway!

And loosing your job would only happen if your job required you to have a licence (taxi driver for example). You're not going to loose your office job for example if you have points on your licence!

And do they really cuff you if you're not being violent?

I mean, there is exaggerating to make people take notice, and there is exaggerating to sound utterly stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    It's played on Capital a lot. It goes something along the lines of...

I took a 5 minute drive, the police flagged me down, arrested and cuffed me for drink driving, put me in a cell over night, made it hard to see my GF so we split up, my employer sacked me because I had a drunk driving conviction.

Talk about over reacting?

If your girl friend is so insecure that she can't do without you for one night then you're better off without her anyway!

And loosing your job would only happen if your job required you to have a licence (taxi driver for example). You're not going to loose your office job for example if you have points on your licence!

And do they really cuff you if you're not being violent?

I mean, there is exaggerating to make people take notice, and there is exaggerating to sound utterly stupid.
    It sounds like the implication is that it was hard to see his girlfriend because he wasn't allowed to drive any more.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.