Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Thinking of changing my piano teacher, does anyone know how to find the BEST possible piano teacher. Someone told me to look on London College Music as they have a list of the best teachers, I looked and could not find it! Also What qualities do you guys think make the best piano teacher?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's really about the teacher, I went to a teach that had quite a good reputation but I didn't really like her, but I like my current teacher and I get along really well with her so I learn a lot faster and better now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SorayaA)
    Hey, Thinking of changing my piano teacher, does anyone know how to find the BEST possible piano teacher. Someone told me to look on London College Music as they have a list of the best teachers, I looked and could not find it! Also What qualities do you guys think make the best piano teacher?
    In terms of qualities I'd say inspiration is key - someone who makes you want to practice and want to get better. By 'London College Music' do you mean the University of West London or the RCM or RAM?

To actually find a good teacher you have to ask around - build up some contacts. All instrumental teachers know each other and can point you to some good ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alleykat606)
    In terms of qualities I'd say inspiration is key - someone who makes you want to practice and want to get better. By 'London College Music' do you mean the University of West London or the RCM or RAM?

To actually find a good teacher you have to ask around - build up some contacts. All instrumental teachers know each other and can point you to some good ones
    Hey, I think your right! its RCM, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the only way you would know if they really are what they say is to have a taster lesson first. Its what I did for around five times till I found the teacher I liked!
    The way you know is when they tell you everything your doing wrong! I mean seriously you might think they're a bit harsh but the best teachers are honest and are telling you from experience! I had learnt how to play Claire de lune and could play the right notes but she introduced me in depth the other details I had been missing out! So if it is a wishy washy teacher, You'll get to know to play the notes but not the style I guess..

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.