Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody,

My background - I am a 2nd year Accounting & Finance (Sandwich course) student at Manchester Metropolitan University. Hopefully, I will graduate couple of months short of my 22nd birthday with a year worth of experience from the placement year already in the bag.

What I would like to do - I have always been passionate about the US Culture and therefore I would love to go over to US and be doing something productive that could, even in the slightlest extent, benefit me in the long-term career related to Business, Accounting & Finance. This is where my situation complicates, because I am totally confused what to do...

I would like to do the ACCA exams first within one year of completing my undergraduate degree. This will mean I will have my degree + 1 year of experience (placement) + all ACCA exams passed by age of 23 (short of 24th birthday). Having said that, I know I need 3 years of experience to become fully qualified, but having exams already done within that year, I would not have to worry about them in the future. After this, I would like to move abroad for a year or two (possibly USA) and continue with post-graduate studies in the area of Accounting/Finance/Economics/Business. Would I go for Masters? Is there any sort of scholarships/funding available for students, who completed their degres in UK? Could anybody provide me with any sort of information how to make this dream come true? Is there any chance of this dream coming true?

Maybe there are some sort of 1-year or 2-year courses at US' Colleges/Universities in the this area of Accounting/Finance/Economics/Business?

I just want the experience of being a student in America and going to an American College/University, but having said that I don't want to waste this year academically and would like it to support in some sort of way with my long term. I don't wanna be in USA and just work, I would love to live there as a student for some of my life. :rolleyes:

Anybody would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.