Turn on thread page Beta

Will you put your parents in a home? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koko345)
    dementias not a necessity for me.
    I'm guessing you don't have a great deal of experience of it, then.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking from experience dementia is a horrid condition.It robbed me of my mother,taken from us far before her time

She used to say herself( years before she was diagnosed) that someone with dementia is lost twice, once when the condition takes hold and again when they die.

I would only put my Mum in a care home if I was the owner of the care home myself because I have heard quite a few awful stories about the mistreatment of the elderly and elderly dementia people in care homes which is sad also I hope that when I’m older that I am in a position where I am very financially stable so that I can grant all my mums wishes and needs so that I don’t need to send her to a home when she’s already got one with me . Also earn a good amount of money so I don’t have to work a lot of hours and spend more time at home caring for my Mum
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    i work in a care home and i see how bad it is for the residents so no i wouldnt, unless physical health called for it

ReputationRep:
    i can't imagine putting my mother in a care home, after all she sacrificed everything to lookafter and protect me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhumbauze)
    See I personally don't believe this... it's not a "pay it back" system with kids and their parents - but a "pay it forward" system. Yes, your parents cared for you and looked after you... so, you repay that debt by caring for and looking after your own kids without expecting anything in return, and so on and so forth. Ideally, that's how it "should" work.
    What if you dont have kids though

ReputationRep:
    I am currently responsible for my mother who has dementia whilst working full time. It is very difficult for me and her quality of life seems pretty rubbish though the upside is that she keeps forgetting that. For years my mother said she wanted us to kill her off if she lost her marbles but you just can't do it. I would hate to burden my children with this so, having considered the matter very seriously over the past couple of years, I have every intention of killing myself off as soon as I start to become a burden. The difficulty is that it's so easy to miss the last safe moment so will probably have to do it when I could potentially have several decent years ahead of me. Getting old really sucks.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.