Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

China is engineering High IQ offsprings Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Type 052D)
    China has an mixed economy just like most Western nation (I mean who really practices the true free market?), and it no longer depends on FDI for economic investments as it did in the 90s. In-fact, China it's self provides FDI for many developing nations. China's political system will naturally changes once GDP per Capita rises enough... as an middle class will emerge which will demand more freedom. The world will not be dominated by people of the Anglo-Saxon stock.
    Says who? data please. As far as I am concerned, China is China solely because of FDI. Let's see the numbers.

And it doesn't matter whether China is less depended on FDI than it was in the 90s. South Korea is less depended on FDI than it was in the 80s but it's still an extremely important part of its economy.

And the world is not dominated by people of the Anglo-Saxon stock. The French, the Germans, the Japanese, the Dutch, the Jews and ofc many many Americans are not of that "stock".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaraWarah)
    I don't think anyone cares about how an Aston undergraduate thinks that 'Cambridge has gone down'. I'm not in debt, anyway.

He's at Aston, in his third year. I'm saying that he's in a poor position to comment on how naive postgraduate economists at world-leading institutions are. I'm not forgetting LSE!
    WOW!

My cat just swallowed his own vomit.

(Original post by jakemittle)
    Dont let the fact that youre at Cambridge cloud your ass. Just saying..
    It already did. I think that will be her (ultimate) downfall one day.

(Original post by MENDACIUM)
    I just feel you need to have a bit more humility. It's not the man that says the argument, but what the argument is. There are differences of opinion. If i went to my shed in the garden to learn, and i gave a good argument read from a book and well sourced, and i felt yours was not , and gave good reasons, you would be obliged to attack my argument, and not degrade my institution.

Aston is decent from what i have heard.
    Agreed.
    Good reply.

(Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Yes academics are always right. Cambridge has gone down in my eyes. Corporations have a strong hold on university education. Carry on. Best of luck with debt.

*Bill, didn't you dropout of Uni and made yourself into a billionaire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CEKTOP)
    Ok, I sailed through my A-levels and I'm currently in my A2 year. My predicted grades are A*A*AA, I hold an offer from LSE and all that **** and I never struggled, ignoring most of my homework assignments and generally being extremely lazy.
    I measured my IQ once with a test that is widely considered to be legit and it was just above 90, that's where my belief that IQ is bull**** was heavily reinforced. Early education is what makes the biggest impact on your life, this is undeniable, a thing like IQ is pure bull**** and you certainly cannot pre-engineer intelligence, I believe it is a thing that mostly develops up until you're 10 through hard work.
    Tbh, not being offensive, an average chinese student can easily achieve this a-level result without hard working..

If you can achieve the same-level result in Chinese Uni. Entrance Exams without hard working, you will be able to tell you are truly intelligent.

---- I mean a-level is way of quite easy...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Type 052D)
    It’s not exactly news that China is setting itself up as a new global superpower, is it? While Western civilization chokes on its own gluttony like a latter-day Marlon Brando, China continues to buy up American debt and lock away the world’s natural resources. But now, not content to simply laugh and make jerk-off signs as they pass us on the geopolitical highway, they’ve also developed a state-endorsed genetic-engineering project.
    At BGI Shenzhen, scientists have collected DNA samples from 2,000 of the world’s smartest people and are sequencing their entire genomes in an attempt to identify the alleles which determine human intelligence. Apparently they’re not far from finding them, and when they do, embryo screening will allow parents to pick their brightest zygote and potentially bump up every generation's intelligence by five to 15 IQ points. Within a couple of generations, competing with the Chinese on an intellectual level will be like challenging Lena Dunham to a getting-naked-on-TV contest.
    Geoffrey Miller, an evolutionary psychologist and lecturer at NYU, is one of the 2,000 braniacs who contributed their DNA. I spoke to him about what this creepy-ass program might mean for the future of Chinese kids.

http://www.vice.com/read/chinas-taki...eering-program
    It's this kind of hubris that's going to get us all killed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Londonburger)

If you can achieve the same-level result in Chinese Uni. Entrance Exams without hard working, you will be able to tell you are truly intelligent.
    I don't think Chinese can do that either, even highly intelligent Chinese. The thing with the Gaokao is that it's largely an exercise in regurgitation, with rote-memorization the only way to study for it. The problem here is that this rewards specifically the hardworking while offering nothing for the student who is interestingly off the wall.

Sensibly, an intelligent criticism of the Chinese university entrance process is that no-one can simply sail through it.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, not being offensive, an average chinese student can easily achieve this a-level result without hard working..

---- I mean a-level is way of quite easy...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahahah, as someone from an international college which is like 50% chinese I can tell that you're full of **** dude, no offence. Your "Average chinese" struggle even on Foundation, which is like scaled down A-levels because their way of "learning" ie memorizing books from page 1 to 200 does not actually work in the real world. Maybe that's why they prefer to steal designs for almost everything they make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CEKTOP)
    Ahahah, as someone from an international college which is like 50% chinese I can tell that you're full of **** dude, no offence. Your "Average chinese" struggle even on Foundation, which is like scaled down A-levels because their way of "learning" ie memorizing books from page 1 to 200 does not actually work in the real world. Maybe that's why they prefer to steal designs for almost everything they make.
    Please note that students in international colleges are not average Chinese students. If possible, visit any Chinese school.

ReputationRep:
    Please note that students in international colleges are not average Chinese students. If possible, visit any Chinese school.
    To see how they grind for 12hours a day so they could memorise the largest number of books?

ReputationRep:
    No one cares.

In 20-30 years time, there will be AI that will be far more intelligent than any normal human could ever be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akash11)
    That tecnology will spreed to the west or will be avaivale to westerns, due to the potential for monumental profits, or if worst come s to worst it will be sized from the chinenes do you really think that western nations with the tecnologial and milatry advatnages over china, will alllow them to devlop a race of super human?
    Maybe they'll invent the spellchecker on the way.

ReputationRep:
    good for them. it's a rational thing to do to make a better society.

British education is obsessed with dumbing everyone down and its showing as the culture goes down the toilet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Personally i have worked with alot of chineese foreign students and we have nothing to worry about yet.

thats because english is not their first language. You can't show intelligence if you can't express it in the language you are accustomed to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennies4life)
    If those pan faced ***** are so clever surely they would have cobbled some half decent universities together by now. We would be flocking over there not the reverse surely?
    you call them pan faced (I imagine it's the 5 letter c word ending in "in the armour), but I bet you're also the sort to screw such women...

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.