The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

What do southerners think of Northerners?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KD35
Aren't they all farmers?

*Miners
Original post by idontkn0w
scumbags/chavs

so you're telling me everyone from up north is a scumbag or a chav?
Jessica Ennis, Ant and Dec, the Bronte sisters, Dame Judi Dench, Michael Palin, Pulp, Arctic Monkeys, the Brownlee Brothers, Jeremy Clarkson, Karl Pilkington, Gary Barlow, the list could literally go on for days.
there is so much talent 'up north' and you get scumbags/chavs everywhere regardless of geographical location. i'm sure if you looked a knife crime in london it's a lot higher than the cities in the north, if that's you're definition of a scumbag then your point is clearly incorrect. not that i'm saying 'all scumbags are from down south' because i'm not prejudice like you.
your distorted view of society is laughable
Original post by _SussexStudent
I'm from the south east and the general conception of northerners seems to be that they're quite rude and chavvy, (sorry just telling the truth), I always imagined it to be not a very rich area with small housing and people on how income but thats probably not true for all areas...

if you're from up north you're automatically poor and live in council house, i love it hahahaha
ok would love to clear something up
if you're a northerner, it doesn't mean
1) you live in a council house/live in a tiny house with holes in the roof
2) your salary is a fiver a year
3) you're on benefits
4) you have the iq of a deck chair
5) you can't get into a decent university

and i love how people are slating others for having a northern accent, i don't have one as i'm not originally from up north and i don't live there but just because you think someone has a terrible accent, have you never thought you might have one that's not exactly pleasant?

people on here are verging on total prejudice and most people would say 'ooo, i hate racist people' but being rude towards people because of their origins and location is doing just that.....
Original post by hobnobrobber
ok would love to clear something up
if you're a northerner, it doesn't mean
1) you live in a council house/live in a tiny house with holes in the roof
2) your salary is a fiver a year
3) you're on benefits
4) you have the iq of a deck chair
5) you can't get into a decent university

and i love how people are slating others for having a northern accent, i don't have one as i'm not originally from up north and i don't live there but just because you think someone has a terrible accent, have you never thought you might have one that's not exactly pleasant?

people on here are verging on total prejudice and most people would say 'ooo, i hate racist people' but being rude towards people because of their origins and location is doing just that.....

Aye, have these people never seen an advert for The Only Way Is Essex?
Reply 125
I'm kinda neutral to them! I tend not to judge people on where they come from, I know many great funny friendly northeners and I also know some that are complete idiots. I don't think anything of them as a group - at the end of the day it all depends on your personality and how you've been brought up!
no, i'm saying thats the first impression i get when someone talks with that annoying northern accent. when i think of northern england i just think of chavs with pink skin, fat red lips, silk trackies and huge reebok trainers shouting things like "LAD!!!" "BANTER!!!!" "WOT THE FOCK MEEEEYYT"

london chavs are alright man, nowhere near as scummy as scousers/guys from manchester. i remember getting on a train from manchester station and a chav shouting "U ****IN PAKI" as soon as the doors close (i'm algerian, rofl).

dunno.. northeners just come across as typical english scum. i've never encountered such a dumb group of people in my life.. i'll kill em all (apart from karl pilkington). seriously, they're the reason the rest of the world think england are scum

since when has judi dench been dumb??? do you have some sort of hate against all northerners just because one called you paki? that's pretty stupid, they're not all going to throw racial abuse at you. you can't tar everyone with the same brush, that's pathetic, judgmental and very narrow minded.

oh really? have you asked all 8 billion people in the world why they think english people are scum? wow that's amazing :smile: good for you :smile: <------- again, tarring everybody with the same brush.
not helping your case here
You know what I never even thought about it.

Then I moved up north and now I hate anyone who bangs on about being a northerner. Put up with so much stick about being southern, and there's been a couple times I know it stopped me getting jobs. Anyone who likes to think they're northern is usually a closet racist trying to take it out by other means. Love having scottish people around to take the mickey, we're all silly southerners to them :ahee:
(edited 11 years ago)
no, i'm saying thats the first impression i get when someone talks with that annoying northern accent. when i think of northern england i just think of chavs with pink skin, fat red lips, silk trackies and huge reebok trainers shouting things like "LAD!!!" "BANTER!!!!" "WOT THE FOCK MEEEEYYT"
london chavs are alright man, nowhere near as scummy as scousers/guys from manchester. i remember getting on a train from manchester station and a chav shouting "U ****IN PAKI" as soon as the doors close (i'm algerian, rofl).

dunno.. northeners just come across as typical english scum. i've never encountered such a dumb group of people in my life.. i'll kill em all (apart from karl pilkington). seriously, they're the reason the rest of the world think england are scum

What the **** indeed?
sorry lol ur post was literally too retarded to reply to

i'm not tarring everyone with the same brush, i'm good friends with a few northerners (uni) so obviously i don't think everyone in that region is a scumbag/chav. the fact that i got called a paki just made my opinion stronger

u cant deny that u get some of the most rattiest chavs in the world where u live. look at this pic: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1t0K16YpetQ/Teoo5S3hh8I/AAAAAAAAAFs/_UZguM9DyVM/s1600/chav1.jpg

u just do not get chavs like that in london, the scummiest of scum. these are the kind of people i see roaming places like blackpool, liverpool, manchester etc.

i'll ****ing kill em all

i just said i didnt live there...
and don't even start with the 'i'm friends with a few northerners' thing
that's like saying 'i'm not racist because i have an asian friend' that doesn't work or change rude comments.
"Crime in London was the highest in England and Wales in 2009 (111 per 1000 of the population), followed by Greater Manchester (101 per 1000)"
ok so yeah manchester is still high but there is no denying london is the worst.
i think criminals are worse than chavs...
just because some dresses chavvy doesn't make them a criminal. ok not everyone likes 'chavs' fair point but you can't be all, the north is full of chavvy scumbags because that's far from the truth.
sorry lol ur post was literally too retarded to reply to

i'm not tarring everyone with the same brush, i'm good friends with a few northerners (uni) so obviously i don't think everyone in that region is a scumbag/chav. the fact that i got called a paki just made my opinion stronger

u cant deny that u get some of the most rattiest chavs in the world where u live. look at this pic: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1t0K16YpetQ/Teoo5S3hh8I/AAAAAAAAAFs/_UZguM9DyVM/s1600/chav1.jpg

u just do not get chavs like that in london, the scummiest of scum. these are the kind of people i see roaming places like blackpool, liverpool, manchester etc.

i'll ****ing kill em all

surely that makes you as bad as 'them'
Reply 131
in my experience southerners have no problem with northerners. they just dont think that way. southerners tend to be a bit more quiet and reserved which northerners often see as unfriendly. go for a night out in portsmouth and you will soon see that southerners let their hair down and have a laugh. the navy guys from places like manchester say that when they are out

I think northerners have an issue with southerners but can never work out why. i think its just an easy thing to have a pop at a southerner.

guess... am i a northerner or southerner??? (the location on my profile means nothing wrt to this question btw)
I'm Welsh and to me North >>> South and I cannot wait to go to uni up North.
*Cue unoriginal sheep shagger jokes from northeners*
cheap food :smile:
Chips and gravy, random words thrown in: "I'm going down the pub like with akid like" and rugby league

Posted from TSR Mobile
the north is cold
The Jeremy Kyle Show has given me a pretty negative view of northerners.
Reply 137
Well, I'm from London so Northerners have awesome accents and are super friendly! But I'm just generalising based on my experiences I bet you have some pricks up north too :smile:
Reply 138
They look up to them, I presume? :lol:
Original post by mattmattmatt
The Jeremy Kyle Show has given me a pretty negative view of northerners.

The Jeremy Kyle Show could give you a negative view of anyone.

Latest

Trending

Trending