Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Are You Saving Sex For Marriage? Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you saving sex for marriage?
    Yes and I'm a Christian
    30.95%
    Yes and I'm a Muslim
    42.86%
    Yes and I belong to another religion
    5.95%
    Yes and I'm not religious
    20.24%

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, I'm realising that it's going to be near impossible for me to find a boyfriend who is happy with the fact that I'm saving sex for marriage, wondering how alone in the belief I actually am.

inb4 You're so weird for saving sex for marriage etc etc etc... boring, heard it all before.

ReputationRep:
    I personally haven't saved it for marriage but I wouldn't begrudge a girl who is/has.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    As a single virgin myself I would have no problem with leaving sex until marriage

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm having saving stress before marriage

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure. I'm not religious, but ideally I'd like the first man I sleep with to be my husband.

But a guy I fell head over heels with came along I probably wouldn't wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popppppy)
    Out of curiosity, I'm realising that it's going to be near impossible for me to find a boyfriend who is happy with the fact that I'm saving sex for marriage, wondering how alone in the belief I actually am.

inb4 You're so weird for saving sex for marriage etc etc etc... boring, heard it all before.
    You're not alone

ReputationRep:
    You've forgotten the option "No"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by failingatm)
    You've forgotten the option "No"
    Yeah I realised that as soon as I posted it :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popppppy)
    Yeah I realised that as soon as I posted it :facepalm:
    It's cool

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I'm not of a religious leaning that really emphasizes marriage, so I don't really see the point of it, aside from tax purposes. For this reason I probably won't get married, plus I would never have had the restraint to last that long :lol:

ReputationRep:
    No, and I'm not religious. Too late now anyway :P

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion sexual chemistry/compatibility is a very important aspect of a relationship. Especially a long-term one. If I were to marry someone and later find that. sexually at least, we were not in any way compatible then I would be very upset. (Lifetime of poor sex etc)

ReputationRep:
    I think it's great that women are saving sex for marriage in this day and age - good on you

I, however, didn't But I don't think I would have done if I thought we'd never be married, even if it's a long way down the line.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    that was the plan initially but i don't know if i have the willpower to do so. I read an article by an athlete who is doing this and she's in her 30's now and single- she thinks it's precisely because she's saving herself which is quite sad.

My husband will the first and only to get my smokin' hot bod. Lucky guy.

I kid. I'm not hot. But I am a virgin. I'm not in a rush. Plus I would probably be too scared of getting pregnant if I wasn't married. Right now, for me abstinence is the best form of contraception. I saw FRIENDS, Ross used a condom and everything!

I've been brought up a Christian and for ages thought I would like to save it for marriage. Then my views started to lax a little and I told myself I might lose it before marriage but only if I met the right guy. I then met the right guy and lost it to him. Part of me still thinks it would have been amazing to have waited until marriage, but I don't regret it at all. If I had still been of that view then I don't think I would be with my boyfriend today who I love so much, and sex is definitely an important part of our relationship and makes me feel so much closer to him. You never know what the future holds but ideally I would love to end up marrying my boyfriend and him being the only guy I've 'given myself to.'

ReputationRep:
    Are there any girls who voted that would still consider themselves a virgin if they hadn't had vaginal sex but they'd had anal sex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyFrench)
    Are there any girls who voted that would still consider themselves a virgin if they hadn't had vaginal sex but they'd had anal sex?
    I expect more than you'd think, definitely. Not speaking from personal experience but putting myself in that hypothetical situation I think I would . In many respects that goes to show you just how ambiguous "virginity" is in terms of its definition nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    I am not religious at all. But I am saving sex for marriage or when I know I am in a committed long-term relationship.

Personally I don't care what anyone does, you can have sex before marriage after marriage. My choice is not the right choice, it is just my choice.

ReputationRep:
    As someone who doesn't believe in marriage, I would say categorically no.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.