Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Are You Saving Sex For Marriage? Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you saving sex for marriage?
    Yes and I'm a Christian
    30.95%
    Yes and I'm a Muslim
    42.86%
    Yes and I belong to another religion
    5.95%
    Yes and I'm not religious
    20.24%

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Christian and I had personally wanted to save it for marriage. But then I met a girl and we started dating. Things got serious about six months in and I (stupidly) felt like I was going to marry this girl because things were that good. Now this goes against what I'd previously believed in, but I thought that if you're going to have sex with someone you're 100% sure you're going to marry, before you marry, then it's fine. So we did about a year into the relationship.

We then broke up about 6 months afterwards.

Now I regret everything. I had become so infatuated with this girl and then we broke up. Dayummm! Really, really wished I had saved it for marriage though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xelarose)
    I expect more than you'd think, definitely. Not speaking from personal experience but putting myself in that hypothetical situation I think I would . In many respects that goes to show you just how ambiguous "virginity" is in terms of its definition nowadays.
    Yeah the term is very loose in its definition.

Are you saving it for marriage? If so, what is your reason for that?

ReputationRep:
    I don't plan on waiting till I'm married but I do want to be in a proper relationship first, I can't see myself trusting someone that I didn't know well enough.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I also don't think saving yourself for marriage earns you a sudden respect either. :s At the end of the day, you're just postponing pleasure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyFrench)
    Yeah the term is very loose in its definition.

Are you saving it for marriage? If so, what is your reason for that?
    Too late to be saved haha . I completely support anybody who wants to save themselves for marriage definitely, especially in a world where I think sex is becoming more and more cheapened, sadly. My personal belief is that to marry somebody, you have to know them completely, and that includes on a sexual basis too, especially if there's a romantic connection between the two people. But I understand the converse argument to that too, and respect it.

ReputationRep:
    No, you've gotta try before you buy.

ReputationRep:
    Don't intend to get married, do rather like sex, so not really going to work for me I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xelarose)
    Too late to be saved haha . I completely support anybody who wants to save themselves for marriage definitely, especially in a world where I think sex is becoming more and more cheapened, sadly. My personal belief is that to marry somebody, you have to know them completely, and that includes on a sexual basis too, especially if there's a romantic connection between the two people. But I understand the converse argument to that too, and respect it.
    Oh right aha.. Given what you originally said about maintaining your virginity despite having anal sex, I think I've stumbled upon an 'untapped' market so to speak What is it that would have made your vaginal virginity so 'sacred' or important had you kept it?

ReputationRep:
    I understand why people do wait for marriage and I respect peoples restraint more than anything! But no, being with someone you love/care about/have amazing chemistry with is too good a feeling for me to want to miss out on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalteseMalteser)
    I'm a Christian and I had personally wanted to save it for marriage. But then I met a girl and we started dating. Things got serious about six months in and I (stupidly) felt like I was going to marry this girl because things were that good. Now this goes against what I'd previously believed in, but I thought that if you're going to have sex with someone you're 100% sure you're going to marry, before you marry, then it's fine. So we did about a year into the relationship.

We then broke up about 6 months afterwards.

Now I regret everything. I had become so infatuated with this girl and then we broke up. Dayummm! Really, really wished I had saved it for marriage though.
    It's too late to regret anything. Just learn from your past for a better future. At least next time, you'll know. (God loves you no matter what. Never forget that no matter how guilty you ever feel...)

ReputationRep:
    I didn't

Of course you will find it difficult to find a boyfriend

But then, we all find it difficult to find the "right one"

Your decision puts you in a situation where casual dating is not really an option

However, most universities have Christian (and other faith) societies and there will be plenty of men that do respect your decision

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell would anyone do that?

ReputationRep:
    Adding to what others are saying, just because someone is Christian doesn't mean they will all wait for sex until marriage. I myself am Christian and i wouldn't have sex until i was sure about the person and that we had a pure connection after getting to know each other for a long time.

Spoiler:
    Show
    then we can go crazy on each other
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Am hoping to, yes, but more for cultural reasons than religious reasons in all honesty :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Those who do are a rare breed.

You're poll is ****ed up. Just because you didnt wait until marriage doesnt mean you're not religious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My husband will the first and only to get my smokin' hot bod. Lucky guy.

I kid. I'm not hot. But I am a virgin. I'm not in a rush. Plus I would probably be too scared of getting pregnant if I wasn't married. Right now, for me abstinence is the best form of contraception. I saw FRIENDS, Ross used a condom and everything!
    Goodness me, where to begin..! Abstinence is not contraception! I hope you meant that in a humoured way, because contraception is for people having sex. Virgins do not need it, unless your name is Mary and you hail from the tiny Hamlet of Bethlehem.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You're poll is ****ed up. Just because you didnt wait until marriage doesnt mean you're not religious
    The poll doesn't imply that at all...

Well personally I think you're missing out on life saving sex for marriage, but each to their own I guess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sund1ata)
    Goodness me, where to begin..! Abstinence is not contraception! I hope you meant that in a humoured way, because contraception is for people having sex. Virgins do not need it, unless your name is Mary and you hail from the tiny Hamlet of Bethlehem.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Contraception = preventing pregnancy
    Not having sex is a pretty sure fire way of preventing pregnancy, thus abstinence is a method of contraception.

Did you not get taught about "calender based contraceptive methods" at school?
    It's where couples abstain from sex at particular times of the woman's menstrual cycle to avoid pregnancy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calenda...eptive_methods

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.