Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, at the moment I am studying at AS Level, with Biology, Spanish and Sociology. Now when I've typed that out, they seem pretty weak. I am expecting good grades in all of them at the end of this year and next year because I am interested in all of them.
    For my university course, my options are; Law, Law with Spanish, Law with Criminology, Criminology, Forensic Psychology and Criminal Justice or Law and Criminology.
    As you can see there is a massive link between all of them. I am repeatedly told no matter what I pick from those, I wont get a job, but at the minute I'm not concerned, because if I'm going to spend £9,000 on a course, I want to enjoy it, and not be miserable for the chance of a job.

So, what I'm asking is, for any Law students out there, what's it like? Is it as bad as everyone says or is that just people only complaining and focusing on the bad? Law, crime, justice and what happens in between has always been what's interested me, but at the moment with a lot of other peoples voices I'm quite unsure.

Any insight right now would honestly be better than what I have, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    If its what you want to do, go ahead and go for it. People will tell what they think is best but at the end of the day you are paying the £9000 a year to go uni.

And the subjects you are taking are not weak, Biology is very hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amydonnan)
    Hi, at the moment I am studying at AS Level, with Biology, Spanish and Sociology. Now when I've typed that out, they seem pretty weak. I am expecting good grades in all of them at the end of this year and next year because I am interested in all of them.
    For my university course, my options are; Law, Law with Spanish, Law with Criminology, Criminology, Forensic Psychology and Criminal Justice or Law and Criminology.
    As you can see there is a massive link between all of them. I am repeatedly told no matter what I pick from those, I wont get a job, but at the minute I'm not concerned, because if I'm going to spend £9,000 on a course, I want to enjoy it, and not be miserable for the chance of a job.

So, what I'm asking is, for any Law students out there, what's it like? Is it as bad as everyone says or is that just people only complaining and focusing on the bad? Law, crime, justice and what happens in between has always been what's interested me, but at the moment with a lot of other peoples voices I'm quite unsure.

Any insight right now would honestly be better than what I have, thank you.
    Your A levels aren't weak, languages are highly valued in international law firms and all international industries so combining law with a language would be a good idea. However it does mean extra work, but of you're passionate it won't matter. Legal jobs vary, yes it's hard to secure a training contract/pupillage but hundreds do it every year from all Russell Group/1994 group universities and even universities without such a great reputation. The skills of a law degree are transferable too. So if you like law do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for helping out. I'll probably end up going for it but the insight from current students or past students helps. I've a 4 day work placement in a small solicitors tomorrow, I'll probably only end up doing photocopying, but its's better than nothing to go on. Thanks again!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.