Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

hey all,

I lied about things being really bad at home to get an extension to complete my third year project.

I feel bad as I went into a lot of detail about my parents being horrible and now, cannot look at them in the face.

I am a horrible person!

I feel so bad.

What can I do?

I am also considering doing a master in the same department and choosing similar modules, so I will have the same lecturer I told the lie to (I sent her an email!)

ReputationRep:
    Do your parents know? I think that if your lecturer talks to you about it again, you should try to tell her the truth without going along with the lie again. Remember that everyone makes mistakes, so you should forgive yourself. I know that it will be hard because a lot of people do lie to get out of bad situations, which is ironic because they don't realize it makes everything worse. I've also learn't from that mistake, and I bet nearly everyone else in this world has been in a similar situation. If you feel like you should, tell your parents about the situation and, of course, ask for forgiveness.

You will get through this, so try not to worry too much. I hope you make the right decision!

ReputationRep:
    well done, keep up the good work.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.