The Student Room Group
Reply 1
YES. ME.
Some of it anyway. The multiple choice ones were ok but the ones where you had to write in english and others in german were INSANE.
Everyone at my school found it hard too don't fret.
i just did that today! did you lot understant the second to last set of questions, the one where you had to fill in the missing words in german? what the hell is a 'geldkette'...well thats what i heard anyways, cos the woman kept on going on about it. god...i know ive failed german already
Reply 3
Amina1989
i just did that today! did you lot understant the second to last set of questions, the one where you had to fill in the missing words in german? what the hell is a 'geldkette'...well thats what i heard anyways, cos the woman kept on going on about it. god...i know ive failed german already

That bit was the WORST ever. I dont think anyone got that in the entire population.
I got the first questions wrong as well which really pissed me off but i couldnt remeber what the illnesses were...grr.
Reply 4
i wrote down a throat ache and ear ache i wrote geldkette for two of the spaces in that question, the woman was obsessed with it!
The questions i thought were okay were the towns questions, the doctors question, and the garden work question, and some other earlier section 2 ones as well but still i found it very hard...the last two excercises were depressing.
I didn't get a single mark on both those questions..
:frown: there goes my chance of getting an A
Reply 5
oo..sorry to post again so quickly, but, does anyone know what the grade boundaries are roughly for OCR german?

Thankyou lots n lots my fellow deutschyz :wink: hahahaha ii feel like a geek today
mwah x
Reply 6
lil_one
i wrote down a throat ache and ear ache i wrote geldkette for two of the spaces in that question, the woman was obsessed with it!
The questions i thought were okay were the towns questions, the doctors question, and the garden work question, and some other earlier section 2 ones as well but still i found it very hard...the last two excercises were depressing.
I didn't get a single mark on both those questions..
:frown: there goes my chance of getting an A

Yea I think throat ache and ear ache was the right answer. I also wrote the wrong answer for the last bit but nevermind what can i do.

The towns question and the shop questions were fine, the garden work one i started getting a bit confused.
Did you tick that the dad was the one to mow the lawn? it seemed like a fathers job hahaha.

I understood on the last question that he didn;t understand much of the lesson, and his teacher said that he must practice his english...i think.
Reply 7
PS. You can afford to screw up 1 paper and still get an A*. There was someone in my school last year who was doing intermediate writing but still got an A* overall!

PPS. Of course no-one knows the grade boundries. It'll be deicded later...
Reply 8
no i mean grade boundaries for german ocr in generall like for example the maths igcse paper i do the grade boundary to get an A is roughly around 64%
Reply 9
what paper did you guys do fondation or higher tier
Higher
lil_one
no i mean grade boundaries for german ocr in generall like for example the maths igcse paper i do the grade boundary to get an A is roughly around 64%

It really does change every year. You can never be sure.
that second to last question was...interesting, i didnt understand it when it asked what her son was...what was he, i didnt get it but oh well, the rest seemed to be ok
pinkelephant101
that second to last question was...interesting, i didnt understand it when it asked what her son was...what was he, i didnt get it but oh well, the rest seemed to be ok

I haven't found a single person who has understood that question yet, don't worry. I'm sure the examiners will realise no-ones got it.
Reply 14
lol my friend found it very easy..:p: maybe because she speaks german fluently
Reply 15
I found it really hard too, but I wouldn't worry about it. If it's a harder paper the grade boundaries will be lower otherwise no-one would get A*.

Latest