Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Tragus piercing.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    piercings - pah too common.

ReputationRep:
    Got it done. Didn't get it numb but it was okay. Cost me £30 and I got a labret with a gem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had my Tragus pierced just yesterday and I have to say,it was the least painful piercing I've ever had, it was quick and easy and I have had absolutely no pain afterwards,even when the needle was put through I considered it painless and didn't flinch one bit. I slept on it last night(yep the night I had it pierced I slept on it). And it didn't hurt or wasn't uncomfortable at all, I have has no complications either. I had my triple forward helix, my rook, a retired snug which only lasted 4 days,complete waist of 15 pounds and was extremely painful at all times!!!and regular lobes beforehand. However my rook has been a little like my Tragus where I feel no pain or uncomfortableness with either (I payed £20 for both and I love them!!

ReputationRep:
    Where did you have it done. I'm the nervous type so looking for a good place.

ReputationRep:
    Mine didn't pop, it was £20 and just felt a little bit burny after!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had mine done twice and each time cost £25, i didnt think the pain was too bad and there was no pop. I think its a lovely piercing to have and it is worth it, good luck with it

ReputationRep:
    I'm under 16 and want to get it done is there anywhere in Camden or brick lane which isn't too dodgy were I could get it done and the freeze it??
    Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student123445)
    I'm under 16 and want to get it done is there anywhere in Camden or brick lane which isn't too dodgy were I could get it done and the freeze it??
    Thanks x
    You shouldn't ever freeze a piercing site or use the spray as it can burn the skin and screws up the healing.

Also just wait until you are old enough, if you want it now and still want it then, great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gloria28)
    I did mine in Camden best place to go in london really and the guy froze my ear first I felt a but of pain but not much 3years on I'm still pulling on it like its a normal ear piercing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just wondering if you remember where you got it done in Camden and if they let under 16's get it done? And how much it costs x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    You shouldn't ever freeze a piercing site or use the spray as it can burn the skin and screws up the healing.

Also just wait until you are old enough, if you want it now and still want it then, great.
    Yeah but I can't really back out of it like I have said I have wanted all year and everyone is expecting me to get it done and stuff, I only wanted to freeze it cuz I have a pretty low pain thresh hold

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but I can't really back out of it like I have said I have wanted all year and everyone is expecting me to get it done and stuff, I only wanted to freeze it cuz I have a pretty low pain thresh hold
    So you want to get a piercing, done in an unsafe way, by a piercer that doesn't give enough of a crap that they will pierce you under age because you told some people at school you would?

Yup you sound ready to look after and maintain a wound. Take it from me, not that you will be because i am old, but don't do it until you are mature enough.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if you remember where you got it done in Camden and if they let under 16's get it done? And how much it costs x
    it coat me £25 and no under 16 they ask for proof of id preferably a passport or licence because they do photocopy it and attach it to a health form you fill in. kat von d and victoria beckham have had work done there saw the pictures they were extremly proffesional it was just before the bridge as if a person is going towards chalk farm and on the left hand side

ReputationRep:
    I've just had mine done, I've actually got 10 piercings and not of them really hurt me, the tragus piercing is slightly uncomfortable during piercing as it is a small area and can be quite fiddly, however I wouldn't class it as "pain" and it does look nice, I paid £10 for mine as was part was of as offer in the best piercing studio in my area, definately worth it so go for it! Just follow all aftercare instructions

ReputationRep:
    In Birmingham, I went to Modern Body Art, which is a top tattoo parlour. I've had both pierced (a few months between each). I had my first done in February an my second done in June. Neither have healed yet, but I haven't had any problems with them.

They cost £15 each because of a student discount offer. They used a freezing spray. The first one was quick and pretty much painless. I could feel it but it didn't hurt at all. The second was took longer. He had to use much more force and it did hurt me a little bit, but it wasn't what I would actually describe as 'painful'. The sides of my face were quite sore for the rest of the day. I didn't hear a 'pop', but more of a crunch.

The best thing you can do is the salt water soaks every day. I notice a big difference with them.

Also, the thickness of the tragus matters. Mine are quite thin. People with thicker ones would find it more painful.

ReputationRep:
    I currently have my industrial, rook, conch, 4x lobe, tragus, navel and nose. With the tragus I found that I hardly felt the piercing, I just felt the presure which made my tragus feel hot and then I was done! This piercing is some where between a navel and belly on the pain scale! Mine cost £15 from my local piercing parlour in Watford, I really love it at underground they're all so welcoming (they often do 2 for £20 on piercings as well 🎉)

ReputationRep:
    What about using earphones or even headphones, does a tragus piercing cause any problems?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilacunicorn)
    What about using earphones or even headphones, does a tragus piercing cause any problems?
    You can't use the in-ear kind whilst it's freshly done, as that will irritate it and introduce germs. You might struggle with other types whilst it's really new, depending how they fit and if they put pressure on your ear. But after a few weeks you'll be absolutely fine

ReputationRep:
    I had mine tragus pierced that's Monday. I was surprised at the price as it was £15 for a ring and £25 for a bar, i was told the bar can be easier to heal, however it's been almost a week and I can say I have had no problems. I clean with a saline solution I make myself and clean front to back.
    The initial pain was a sting and a little more uncomfortable when the ring was being pulled through however all in all I am very very happy

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.