Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So, a couple of nights ago I arrived home to find the building had been evacuated and a load of firemen were battling an electrical fire that had been started by the flat below mines freezer being faulty.
    The fire brigade told us to keep all our windows open for a bit coz of possible carbon monoxide issues, which I did, but now two days later the smell in the flat is worse than ever!
    Is this potentially damaging? Is there anything anyone can advise me to do about it? I've kept the flat well vented but the fumes just aren't going away and its making me worry that the chemicals are getting onto my chest

    It's just the smell. You'll be fine. Try some oust.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2013
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.