Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 11. I want to be a ODP and they say that they want

Normally five GCSEs at grade C or above, including a Science, English Language or Literature and Mathematics (or equivalent ie Level 2 Adult Literacy/Numeracy or Key Skills Level 2 Communication/Application of Number) plus one of the following
    280 points with at least 160 points from 2 GCE/VCE full A levels or BTEC National qualifications and other qualifications in the UCAS tariff. AS levels and general studies A level
    do not count towards this score.

My question is that I am doing BTEC Science right now and getting Distinction/Distinction*
    and can I do GCSE Science in Sixth Form? For A-Level I am thinking to do BTEC Medical Science (I get 240 points, its a double option),ICT and Health and Social Care. can i do GCSE Biology only, would that work and i have emailed the university about it and got no reply and i called them up and they didn't answer and its Sheffield Hallam. I think i will achieve for A level AAAA/AAAB. I am looking through the past papers for biology and they are really easy.

My grades are for GCSE:
    Maths = C
    English Language and lit = C (Currently a C, I am going to do a resit)
    BTEC Science = Distinction/Distinction*
    BTEC Health and Social Care(Double) = Distinction/Distinction*
    French = C
    Business and communication systems = A/B
    ICT = B
    Turkish = A

I am doing work experience in a care home with people who have dementia and alzheimer's, I am thinking to do more work experience in sixth form.

Thank you advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sully50sully)

Normally five GCSEs at grade C or above, including a Science, English Language or Literature and Mathematics (or equivalent ie Level 2 Adult Literacy/Numeracy or Key Skills Level 2 Communication/Application of Number) plus one of the following
    [COLOR=#414042][FONT=Arial]280 points with at least 160 points from 2 GCE/VCE full A levels or BTEC National qualifications and other qualifications in the UCAS tariff. AS levels and general studies A level

My question is that I am doing BTEC Science right now and getting Distinction/Distinction*
    and can I do GCSE Science in Sixth Form? For A-Level I am thinking to do BTEC Medical Science (I get 240 points, its a double option),ICT and Health and Social Care. can i do GCSE Biology only, would that work and i have emailed the university about it and got no reply and i called them up and they didn't answer and its Sheffield Hallam. I think i will achieve for A level AAAA/AAAB. I am looking through the past papers for biology and they are really easy.

My grades are for GCSE:
    Maths = C
    French = C
    Turkish = A
    Biology is a Science so is acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Data)
    Biology is a Science so is acceptable.
    thanks for commenting but can I do GCSE Biology in Sixth Form?

ReputationRep:
    You're best contacting the sixth form and asking the if they do it.

You can do it though, it just depends if they offer it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kanojyoxx)
    You're best contacting the sixth form and asking the if they do it.

You can do it though, it just depends if they offer it.
    Thanks but do you think that the uni might accept my BTEC Science with a Distinction/Distinction*

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but do you think that the uni might accept my BTEC Science with a Distinction/Distinction*
    It says specifically they want a GCSE in a science.

ReputationRep:
    It depends entirely on the 6th form so you would have to ask them. If they don't then you could consider studying it privately, but if you do this you might be better off considering IGCSE as there isn't any controlled assessment. (IGCSE would could as a GCSE).

ReputationRep:

280 points with at least 160 points from 2 GCE/VCE full A levels or BTEC National qualifications and other qualifications in the UCAS tariff. AS levels and general studies A level

My grades are for GCSE:
    Maths = C
    French = C
    ICT = B
    Turkish = A

I am doing work experience in a care home with people who have dementia and alzheimer's, I am thinking to do more work experience in sixth form.

Thank you advance.
    Tbh I've never heard of a sixth form allowing students to do GCSE science however it depends on the school you go to as they may be an exception. If they don't you can always go to an examination centre and be entered for the exam there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.