Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a law assignment on tort, where I have to discuss whether an event organiser and an event sponsor is liable in negligence for injuries and deaths caused in an event. It is a 2000 word essay,so would I have to include an introduction and conclusion or just jump straight into IRAC? Secondly, if the event sponsor was a government authority, would they still owe a duty of care if they had an exclusion clause in the contract that stated that it is not liable in contract or tort? I think they are still liable as they are a government authority and negligence cases do not require contracts. Sorry about all the questions, I'm not a law student but have to take a couple of law modules so I'm not exactly sure how to go about writing a law essay.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Is your assignment an essay or a problem question? It depends on your Unversity, but most courses will treat essays like any other subject, intro, sections (and headings), conclusion. A problem question is much more to the point, intro just says what the problems are, conclusion just summarises what you've concluded elsewhere. It sounds like this is a problem question from how you've described it. Try looking at some revision guides for an idea of how to structure your answer.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.