Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm doing a law assignment on tort, where I have to discuss whether an event organiser and an event sponsor is liable in negligence for injuries and deaths caused in an event. It is a 2000 word essay,so would I have to include an introduction and conclusion or just jump straight into IRAC? Secondly, if the event sponsor was a government authority, would they still owe a duty of care if they had an exclusion clause in the contract that stated that it is not liable in contract or tort? I think they are still liable as they are a government authority and negligence cases do not require contracts. Sorry about all the questions, I'm not a law student but have to take a couple of law modules so I'm not exactly sure how to go about writing a law essay.

Is your assignment an essay or a problem question? It depends on your Unversity, but most courses will treat essays like any other subject, intro, sections (and headings), conclusion. A problem question is much more to the point, intro just says what the problems are, conclusion just summarises what you've concluded elsewhere. It sounds like this is a problem question from how you've described it. Try looking at some revision guides for an idea of how to structure your answer.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.