The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MattFletcher
Thanks:wink::rofl2::rofl2::rofl: The key is to stand up and act as if nothing has happened, whack out the phone and play angry birds! :wink::biggrin:

BAHAHAHAHA! Brilliant! :rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::lol:
Reply 121
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
I was waiting for a call from a friend of mine, his family run a local chinese take away place. Whenever they answer the phone they say some cliché phrase, and it became customary between us to take the mickey whenever answering the phone.

Anyway, unkown number came up and he was the only one who ever rang from an unkown number (no idea why he always did). I answered with 'Herro, Hally Chineese, We Fry You Buy'.

Unfortunately for me, it was someone from the RAF calling to invite me for what was essentially a job offer, and she turned out to be from an asian ethnic background. She felt it necessary to recommend the interviewer to ask about any potential racist views I might have, and he in turn recommended a follow up talk with an equal opportunities NCO.

I'm actually crying of laughter at what you said
Original post by Blazinq
I'm actually crying of laughter at what you said

Makes it all worth it I guess :closedeyes:

Original post by a729
ouch!

Did you end up getting the job?

Yeah I did get the role anyway, so I can look back and laugh :lol:
Still haven't lived my one down yet...

A few years ago I heard my female cousin chatting to my sister about how her best friend had seen me and really fancied me. So I butted in the conversation, asked to see a pic of her, she was pretty hot so I got her number from my cousin. May sound a little awkward, but not when you compare it this this...

So I'd now been chatting to my cousin's best friend for a few weeks and we'd started sexting (which wasn't even a phrase then I might add).
One night my cousin and said best friend come to visit us, the whole family is in the living room watching TV and we all are having a few drinks. Her best friend leaves her phone on the sofa and goes to the toilet. My cousin, pretty drunk by this point, picks up the phone and announces "some very interesting stuff on this phone everybody!". I thought it was her own phone, so I'm completely unphased. Then she starts reading out all of these filthy text messages. "Why do these sound so familiar?" I'm thinking.
Everyone is bemused and doesn't know why she's reading out these messages, who they're from or what to say. My mum asks what it's all in aid of as my cousin's friend walks back into the room, to which my cousin replies "this is her phone... and THE TEXTS ARE FROM HIM HAHAHAHA!".

I'm still questioning whether or not it's actually possible to feel more mortified than I did at that particular moment :colondollar:
Reply 124
in february, i went to the medical society's annual ball, had paid a lot of money for the ticket, bought a whole new outfit, and had generally invested a lot of time and money towards it.

at the ball were three years of medical students, multiple doctors and other teaching staff of the medical school.

i was wearing very high heels (but had worn them multiple times before so was quite confident strutting my stuff), and we had found our table, and had just put our bags/coats down, so we could go back and grab a couple free glasses of champagne and other goodies you get when you pay £65 for a ball ticket.

on the way there, we went down a couple of very uneven steps with no handrail (the kind of stone thats actually brand new but is meant to look all old and crumbled) - of course i lost my balance, foot turned out, leg stayed in the same position, heard a loud cracking/crunching sound. fell down the last couple of steps onto the floor, at which point i tried to get back up, and screamed in agony as i moved my foot, leading to my friends to shout for help, and for a medic to come. naturally, a bloodcurdling scream and calls for a medic meant the majority of the room turned around to stare at the first year lying in agony at the bottom of the steps... and seeing as they were medical students and doctors, theories about what i had done promptly started floating around - both unhelpful and incredibly embarrassing. was splinted and put on a board, at which point i remembered my dress was very short, so everybody could see my underwear.

was carried out on the stretcher, taking what felt like the longest route, through many rooms, so most people at the ball got a look at me - and most people assumed i was drunk and couldnt walk in my heels, neither of these were true, actually. i was then given pain relief, and started to spout absolute nonsense to one of our demonstrators and then to the paramedics in the ambulance.

so now most people who i dont know, know me as the girl who broke her ankle at the bute ball. when i went back in to classes a couple days later, even people who weren't at the ball, knew what had happened :redface:

one of the worst things was the fact that my halls has loads and loads of stairs everywhere, and i had to go up every single one of them on my bum, with my friends like a funeral procession behind me :redface: as well as the fact that in a lecture a couple weeks ago, they referred to a girl who had broken her ankle at the bute ball, and showed us some x-rays, and everybody assumed it was me :frown:
I wanted to send my mate a personal joke between us, but instead, my mum received a text from me saying "You're going to love my nuts".
This happened just a few weeks ago during the ridiculous snowing period. My friend and I were walking to school and I tactfully slipped her some gum because her breath was kicking (phew) It was more awkward because although we're really close friends she's super sensitive about these kinds of things... and she was already chewing gum but I hadn't noticed!

Of course I had to extract myself from this INCREDIBLY awkward and terrible situation so I hypothesised that maybe her chewing gum was expired, and to make sure she wasn't going to walk around school blowing around smelly breath (and to break the tension) I told her to breathe in my face. We found this super funny as we found we couldn't just stop so she could breathe in my face as there we're other students behind us and it would look weird, so we were kind of shuffling half-facing each other so she could blow into my face discreetly and we were cracking up because it seemed super hillarious. (I realise in hindsight while writing this that we probably looked even more ridiculous than if we'd just stopped for a second for her to breathe in my face...) Of course we weren't looking where we were going so we didn't see the massive expanse of black ice that everyone was avoiding.

So one second we're laughing the next we both flip feet up and land on our asses. We then stare at each other with similarly stunned impressions on our faces for a few seconds as kids from our school walk fast us sniggering and then we burst out laughing (like the super loud best friend laughter with tears) and we stay on our butts because we're laughing too hard for us to get up.

And then because it couldn't get any worse I see my ex just walk past us (we're still on the floor and now trying to get up awkwardly like new-born horses) completely avoiding eye-contact. Like really?? REALLY? As if being humilliated wasn't enough it had to be in front of him. I'm still getting over it lol :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 127
Original post by CodeJack
I wanted to send my mate a personal joke between us, but instead, my mum received a text from me saying "You're going to love my nuts".

Ooops!! :colondollar:
Reply 128
More:
I went to the park with my cousins and siblings (they were tiny tots then) I was about 13 at the time. Clever me decided to go on the baby swings swinging whilst standing up and thinking I'm it when all of a sudden...I fell backwards! To make things worse there was a group of fit lads passing by so yeah I didn't exactly impress them lol :colondollar:
I went to collect my brother from primary school when I was 13 and I was waiting for him to come out. It was such a lovely day, when a pigeon thinks that I'm its toilet! It was so embarrassing and disgusting! :eek:
Original post by x.rasia.x
More:
I went to the park with my cousins and siblings (they were tiny tots then) I was about 13 at the time. Clever me decided to go on the baby swings swinging whilst standing up and thinking I'm it when all of a sudden...I fell backwards! To make things worse there was a group of fit lads passing by so yeah I didn't exactly impress them lol :colondollar:
I went to collect my brother from primary school when I was 13 and I was waiting for him to come out. It was such a lovely day, when a pigeon thinks that I'm its toilet! It was so embarrassing and disgusting! :eek:

I've had the pleasure of getting stuck in baby swings, bearing in mind I'm a 6'5" guy, I'm so glad there were no strangers at the time. It wasn't graceful.
I've had the pleasure of getting stuck in baby swings, bearing in mind I'm a 6'5" guy, I'm so glad there were no strangers at the time. It wasn't graceful.

I did the same once too :tongue:

After several minutes, it was clear that I was very, very stuck. In the end I had to lie my back on the ground, and force the swing off with both hands and a lot of wriggling.

All these mothers and their children watched the entire thing :colondollar: I grabbed my brother who I was supposed to be looking after and left pretty quick :tongue:
Reply 131
Vommed on one of my friends during freshers, I don't remember it, but boy were people talking about it in the morning (well tech at 5 when I woke up)
Original post by President Snow

After several minutes, it was clear that I was very, very stuck. In the end I had to lie my back on the ground, and force the swing off with both hands and a lot of wriggling.

All these mothers and their children watched the entire thing :colondollar: I grabbed my brother who I was supposed to be looking after and left pretty quick :tongue:

To this day I don't know why we thought getting into a baby's swing is a good idea. :dontknow:
This wasn't embarrassing at the time but one New Years I got the most drunk I've ever been at this bar that loads of people from my year at school were at. Needless to say I was sick outside for several hours, passed out, missed the countdown and had to get a taxi home.

What I do remember:
Being sick on some girls back as I walked out of the bar because I couldn't hold it in. And her going 'what was that!?!', but I was out of the door before she discovered what it was.

What I learned a few days later in school:
I had punched a girl in the face. From what I can gather I meant to give her a friendly punch on the arm in a jokey manner and my aim had been off because I was so drunk.
I have had loads, but ones I can remember right now are:

The time I cycled into a wheelie bin and fell off my bike (when I was 13) and everyone around me was laughing.

One time we were doing a presentation in uni and I pressed a button on the projector remote such that the screen zoomed into a tiny part in the middle. Everyone was laughing again and I just went bright red.

I've falled on my face on a bus before.

Pulling on a man's jacket going 'dad, look at that! Dad, look!' only for it to turn out that it wasn't my dad at all.

When a customer in work was trying to set me up with her granddaughter.
Reply 135

Ok I can empathise with you lol..i know the feeling...when it happened to me, I fell flat on my back and had to get my legs out, whilst the group of good-looking dudes were passing by and watching and laughing! I was mortified! :eek:
Reply 136
Original post by President Snow

Oh dear it's very embarrassing when there are people around..my siblings and cousins were just looking at me with their mouths wide open lol whilst I was lying on the ground as you were and as you said it was a struggle to get out lol :colondollar:
Original post by x.rasia.x
Ok I can empathise with you lol..i know the feeling...when it happened to me, I fell flat on my back and had to get my legs out, whilst the group of good-looking dudes were passing by and watching and laughing! I was mortified! :eek:

This seems to be a common thing for teenagers :P
When me and my twin brother were younger, we used to liven up the weekly food shop by playing hide and seek around the store, sneaking up on each other and our parents. This one time, I saw my Dad leaning over one of the freezer chests, so I decided it'd be funny to try and scare him. I was learning taekwondo at the time, so decided to take a running jump and karate-chop his bum in a flying kick move (I was about 9 at the time). So I kicked him, but as he turned round I realised it was some random (and angry-looking!) bloke I'd never seen before. :gasp: I ran away.

When I was about 14, we were having some work done on our house. I was getting ready for school one day, and came downstairs in my dressing gown and a towel turban on my head, singing along (very badly) at the top of my voice to the radio and dancing my way around the kitchen as I got my breakfast. It was about 7, so clearly I didn't expect anyone other than my family to be around. HOWEVER, I turned around and the carpenter was stood in the doorway absolutely pissing himself with laughter - God knows how long he'd been standing there. He managed to stop laughing long enough to say sarcastically "lovely singing!" before setting off again :unimpressed:

I always end up running for the bus, no matter how hard I try to get there on time I seem to be late! One time, I was walking to my stop and I saw my bus was already there. I was in a huuuuge rush for work, so I legged it up the road, shouting "please wait!" as I went, my handbag flying everywhere, hair all windswept, completely undignified. Anyway, I jumped onto the bus, tripped, grabbed onto the counter to steady myself and paid for my ticket, panting and sweating and looking like a total tit, but relieved and a bit smug because I managed not to miss the bus. That's when the bus driver said, "You needn't have rushed love, I'm running early so we have to wait here for a bit". :unimpressed: The bus stayed parked for a good 5 minutes, leaving me to find a seat, red-faced, while the other passengers look at me like, you fool.

I've had far too many of those "Muuuuummm?... ERM I MEAN MISS?" moments. Not too bad when you're in year 7, but in year 12 it's mortifying haha.
Original post by emilie18
When me and my twin brother were younger, we used to liven up the weekly food shop by playing hide and seek around the store, sneaking up on each other and our parents. This one time, I saw my Dad leaning over one of the freezer chests, so I decided it'd be funny to try and scare him. I was learning taekwondo at the time, so decided to take a running jump and karate-chop his bum in a flying kick move (I was about 9 at the time). So I kicked him, but as he turned round I realised it was some random (and angry-looking!) bloke I'd never seen before. :gasp: I ran away.

When I was about 14, we were having some work done on our house. I was getting ready for school one day, and came downstairs in my dressing gown and a towel turban on my head, singing along (very badly) at the top of my voice to the radio and dancing my way around the kitchen as I got my breakfast. It was about 7, so clearly I didn't expect anyone other than my family to be around. HOWEVER, I turned around and the carpenter was stood in the doorway absolutely pissing himself with laughter - God knows how long he'd been standing there. He managed to stop laughing long enough to say sarcastically "lovely singing!" before setting off again :unimpressed:

I always end up running for the bus, no matter how hard I try to get there on time I seem to be late! One time, I was walking to my stop and I saw my bus was already there. I was in a huuuuge rush for work, so I legged it up the road, shouting "please wait!" as I went, my handbag flying everywhere, hair all windswept, completely undignified. Anyway, I jumped onto the bus, tripped, grabbed onto the counter to steady myself and paid for my ticket, panting and sweating and looking like a total tit, but relieved and a bit smug because I managed not to miss the bus. That's when the bus driver said, "You needn't have rushed love, I'm running early so we have to wait here for a bit". :unimpressed: The bus stayed parked for a good 5 minutes, leaving me to find a seat, red-faced, while the other passengers look at me like, you fool.

I've had far too many of those "Muuuuummm?... ERM I MEAN MISS?" moments. Not too bad when you're in year 7, but in year 12 it's mortifying haha.

You seem to have just that kinda luck ^^

Latest

Trending

Trending