Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone know how to create a macro for backup?

All i want the macro to do is to open nero and close the db....
    Or maybe close the db, create an iso file ready to be burnt and then open nero...

I'm not good in access so I could really use some help... thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toxi)
    Hey, anyone know how to create a macro for backup?

you basically start 2 record a macro, rite then carry out the process that y want 2 happen then when ur finished click stop recording, i cant remember you mite hafta create a button first then complete the task above before it works, that aint explained to well but try ur best.....

wait how bout steps

right make a button

record a macro on the button

close the file, open nero and then click stop recording. then when u open the file when u click on the button it will carry out the process...

Hope it works 4 u!

Cathal

All i want the macro to do is to open nero and close the db....
    Or maybe close the db, create an iso file ready to be burnt and then open nero...

I'm not good in access so I could really use some help... thanx

ReputationRep:
    Thanx but I don't think it'll work.. :/
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    In access you need to create your macro (a macro not a module - you can always call the macro from a module) and select the action "runapp" and in the properties box type in the command line to open the program you want to open (eg on my PC to open up word the command line is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\winword.exe")

If you want to actually do things in the opened application you can either use the sendkeys action to send keystrokes to it or if you want to transfer data then you need to use the clipboard or DDE (which is a bit more complicated).

The help files in MSAccess will tell you all of these things.

ReputationRep:
    K if u want to make a backup using a macro u can use copyobject or docmd.copyobject in VBA. However i have never done something of sending keys to NEro.
    However nothing is impossible, i would reccomend to create a .bak file in a backup folder.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.