Star Trek: Into Darkness Watch

ReputationRep:
    Name:  080309_sci_1.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  47.6 KB

Everyone

ReputationRep:
    Just saw it!

It basically took my dreams, threw them to once side, and replaced them with something MORE AWESOME.

Think I preferred it to the first one {even though I loved that one too :3}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viennaberry)
    Just saw it!

It basically took my dreams, threw them to once side, and replaced them with something MORE AWESOME.

Think I preferred it to the first one {even though I loved that one too :3}
    Agreed. More of the same vein in some respects but at the same time, BETTER. Action was amazing. Soundtrack... Omg so awesome. One of the most epic scale sounds since lotr.

Best film so far this year.

ReputationRep:
    I saw it today. It was ok but not great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squidgyness)
    Agreed. More of the same vein in some respects but at the same time, BETTER. Action was amazing. Soundtrack... Omg so awesome. One of the most epic scale sounds since lotr.

Best film so far this year.
    Yes! I can't wait to buy;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAdBZlCb-_M

I think the villain was great {better than Nero ^_^'} and there was the perfect balance of action and humour :3 Really tempted to go see it again, ahaha

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a star trek fan (i've seen it before and know the basics) but i saw the movie last week and have to say it is really really good. 100% recommend it. They got the balance just right like other posters have said.

ReputationRep:
    But do you think the Admiral is an evil guy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkertailor)
    Am I the only one who's glad that JJ Abrams has ruined Star Trek? As a fan of Star Wars, I love how he's completely changed Star Trek. Even I can tell that his movies are nothing like the previous incarnations.

I saw STITD on Friday and I thoroughly enjoyed it but not as a Stark Trek movie as I don't give a crap about that. I thought it was a fun popcorn blockbuster.

JJ Abrams doesn't give a crap about Star Trek. He's using this movie as a stepping stone for a much bigger and better beast, Star Wars. If there are Trekkies out there that are annoyed about Abram's helm, then I'm glad Sometimes I think he only took on the job just to annoy those moronic nerds. He's always admitted he's never liked Star Trek.

When Abrams directs Star Wars 7, his heart will be in the right place. I can't wait to see what he does with that, must surely be better than those God awful prequels :rolleyes:
    What makes you think he'll do any better with Star Wars? The evidence says it will be just as bad.

I watched Star Trek today. It's just a popcorn flick. It won't have any longevity. I enjoyed Prometheus a lot more. More mystery, more 'sci-fi'. This star trek series is just an action movie in space. As a scifi movie even the derivative Oblivion was probably more enjoyable in it's first half.

JJ Abrams can't write or direct a cohesive complete story. Just like Lost, he has good ideas that translate to good scenes and elements of a movie but he always falls short. Look at Cloverfield, Super 8. Great first halves then take a nosedive. I'm not convinced at all he can handle Star Wars. Star Trek Into Darkness had more in common with Michael Bay than his previous projects (that scene with the girl undessing sooo out of place; the whole movie just being LOUD throughout for no reason). He was the wrong guy IMO.

Genetically engineered human beings is a nice idea which wasn't explored. This guy was just evil and we had no real reason to hate him or invest anything as we didn't know his motivations.
    You want to watch a proper scifi about engineered humans? Rent the awesome Gattaca.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What this new series is is basically Star Trek: The Greatest Hits.

It's regurgitating past story lines in a dumbed-down way to appeal to a Hollywood audience who all want to be 'nerds' now that it's fashionable to be one.

ReputationRep:
    Is this any good?

I have heard mixed reviews

I am a Trekki by the way and do like the revamp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    Is this any good?

It's a forgettable popcorn flick. It's enjoyable enough but I'd just rent it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    Is this any good?

I felt it gave out that certain Star Trek feeling way more than the last one.
    You should definitely go and watch it!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.