The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medicine Applicants 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Hi fellow applicants

Just found a fairly recent (uploaded two months ago) video on youtube by the current Plymouth MedSoc Society.
Seems awesome!! Makes you want to go to Plymouth even more!!
thought i'd share.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPTZQN0jAX8

12:17 long, you'll love it and you won't regret it!!
enjoy
:smile:
Original post by o990
Hi fellow applicants

Just found a fairly recent (uploaded two months ago) video on youtube by the current Plymouth MedSoc Society.
Seems awesome!! Makes you want to go to Plymouth even more!!
thought i'd share.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPTZQN0jAX8

12:17 long, you'll love it and you won't regret it!!
enjoy
:smile:

That girl in the nurses uniform...
Reply 202
Original post by HaQ_mAn_
That girl in the nurses uniform...

Haha XD

The group make the place seem lively.
I reckon they're Y4 or Y5 students.
Original post by Dr_Noodle
No this is not the case. The ethical scenario only forms part of the interview. If you have a look at my post from before, I've described what they ask in the interview.

You fill out the questionnaire just before the interview in a quiet room. Unfortunately, it was a long time ago so I don't remember all the questions. There was a question about current issues affecting the NHS.

No science questions! And as they don't know anything about you before you go in, there won't be any questions about your PS.

Regarding 'why Plymouth', at least have some idea about how PBL works and be able to say why you would prefer it over a more traditional course. I was asked this in my interview. This is important for applying here anyway... PBL is hard, it requires a lot of self-discipline. You won't be spoon fed AT ALL at Peninsula!

Don't worry about the ethical scenario, it's just common sense.

You should have a look at newmediamedicine, there's a very popular thread in the Peninsula section by iceman_johndoe which goes through the interview (and helped me when applying).

Thank you so much for your reply!!!
You're a great help.
Just one more thing do you have the link to the section by iceman_johndoe? I've been searching but I can't find it :frown:
I just spoke to Plymouth admissions team as I got 2670 overall but met marks for the sub tests. 1 mark off so gutted :frown: For anyone else in the same position they said they will be sending out a rejection/ option to change course, after the Christmas holidays.

Good luck to everybody who got interviews :smile:
Reply 205
Original post by shelby<3
I just spoke to Plymouth admissions team as I got 2670 overall but met marks for the sub tests. 1 mark off so gutted :frown: For anyone else in the same position they said they will be sending out a rejection/ option to change course, after the Christmas holidays.

Good luck to everybody who got interviews :smile:

So sorry to hear that.
You have my condolences.
I'm a re-applicant.. so I understand.

I do hope your other choices are give better news!!
Good luck!!!
I also rang them this morning, and will e rejected because of the DA sub test, rose 140 this year, what the hell! Of
all the sub sections, I wasn't worried about this one. It's 713 and 570 last year and I got 670 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm an international student and I've done the USA Advanced Placements, Maths A level, and IGCSEs. Has anyone else applied with these qualifications?
I've emailed them and they said they don't accept APs, but they haven't replied to me yet. O.O
Reply 208
Just out of interest, does anyone know how many applicants there are to Plymouth, how many are invited to interview and how many offers they give?
Original post by MikeyP96
Just out of interest, does anyone know how many applicants there are to Plymouth, how many are invited to interview and how many offers they give?

Someone posted earlier that they interview around 250 people and give around 160 offers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 210
Original post by kashc94
Someone posted earlier that they interview around 250 people and give around 160 offers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just over a 50 percent chance of an offer I think .. Not so bad

How us everyone revising

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally heard something, interview on the 6th December!
Does anyone know when international students hear from them about interviews?
Original post by fleur_de_haine
Finally heard something, interview on the 6th December!

Well done!! Are you an international applicant?
Original post by hopeful doc
Well done!! Are you an international applicant?

Nope, I'm a British graduate/non-direct school leaver applicant. I suppose I had to wait a little longer as the GAMSAT results have only recently become available. How about you?
Hey what was your Gamsat score fleur de haine?
68, and yours?
Reply 217
Original post by dandelion-field
Does anyone know when international students hear from them about interviews?

I have emailed the Admissions team. Here is their response;

International applicants will be interviewed in February. Shortlisting for overseas students has not yet been finalised, we shall contact you as soon as possible if we are going to be offering you an interview.

Best wishes

I guess International students will probably hear from them in December. Btw, where are you from and what are your stats?
Is anyone lodging at Jury's Inn? The code is invalid when I try it online.
Reply 219
In would be all scared to stay at the jury's in . Would never be able to sleep .

But phone them up and say you gotta interview at Plymouth med school

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending