Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I can't find my BCG and Hep B vaccines and my blood test results to say I'm immune won't be back for a few weeks. Why do we have to do our occupational health stuff before we they had out offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashamoh)
    I can't find my BCG and Hep B vaccines and my blood test results to say I'm immune won't be back for a few weeks. Why do we have to do our occupational health stuff before we they had out offers?
    I'm
    Gna get mine done afte interview . It's such a. Headache lool

It says in the welcome pack that you can give it after .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think those of us interviewing in November will hear in December? This is what seems to have happened last year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeful doc)
    Do you guys think those of us interviewing in November will hear in December? This is what seems to have happened last year...
    I would love for that to happen . Would change the course of my gap year .. If I was lickybenotgh to have an offer , would rather know in December . Il just revise for my resit abroad lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Getting quite anxious about this interview, especially since I have this problem of waffling when i talk, and talking very fast when nervous :/

Doing all I can to prepare. I know that at least if I have put in as much effort as I can into this interview, no matter the end result, I will have tried hard and not been lazy.

Just gotta get into that same mentality I had when I was studying for my A-Level exams. Seemed to have worked brilliantly there :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mutlibd1)
    I would love for that to happen . Would change the course of my gap year .. If I was lickybenotgh to have an offer , would rather know in December . Il just revise for my resit abroad lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh same here, good luck! Would be amazing to go into Christmas knowing you have an offer do you know why some people have been given interviews on February too? I'm just confused as they didn't do this unless they didn't give enough offers in the November batch last year...

ReputationRep:
    It could be just to
    Cover the chance of not finding enough offers in nov so some in feb have a chance .

How are you guys preparing . I'm finding it hard to replicate interview day. .. All my mates are in uni I'm onna gap year so teachers can't help and also family are busy.

My cats are pretty reulctant too!!

Hope my efforts pay off . Good luck to y'all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It could be just to
    Cover the chance of not finding enough offers in nov so some in feb have a chance .

How are you guys preparing . I'm finding it hard to replicate interview day. .. All my mates are in uni I'm onna gap year so teachers can't help and also family are busy.

My cats are pretty reulctant too!!

Hope my efforts pay off . Good luck to y'all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's definitely harder to prep for Plymouth/Exeter as they're newer but I've just been using the internet for ethics and the isc medical interview book and practice in front if the mirror

ReputationRep:
    If anyone's interested, last year they had 265 interviews and gave out 147 offers, thus year they're having 280 interviews, fingers crossed they'll give more offers due to not enough people meeting offers at many medical schools last year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeful doc)
    It's definitely harder to prep for Plymouth/Exeter as they're newer but I've just been using the internet for ethics and the isc medical interview book and practice in front if the mirror
    I'm recording my self also . Ahah hope we both get in. !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So if your below the cut off UKCAT wise you will not even be considered for Feb interviews?
    I wish they sent a rejection letter along with the interviews sigh

ReputationRep:
    How is every body preparing for their interview? I've been using the practise book and reading BBC health and the bmj website. Other than doing practice runs (I have my mock interview tomorrow), I don't know what else I can do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeyP96)
    How is every body preparing for their interview? I've been using the practise book and reading BBC health and the bmj website. Other than doing practice runs (I have my mock interview tomorrow), I don't know what else I can do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can I ask who's doing your mock ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask who's doing your mock ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One of the career advisors at college

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One of the career advisors at college

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah luck you ... Gap year means ko help for me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In relation to mock interviews, I didn't realise this was done but perhaps you should try and find out if there are any going on in your area by consultants or something from a local hospital. because an oncologist I did work experience with has booked me onto a place of one so maybe they do them in other places too!

ReputationRep:
    This is the week guys!!
    how is everyone feeling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by o990)
    This is the week guys!!
    how is everyone feeling?
    NERVOUS! but prepared
    hbu?

ReputationRep:
    NERVOUS! but prepared
    hbu?
    Its good to be nervous, than over confident/cocky. No?

mines going ok.

how did
    your mock go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by o990)
    Its good to be nervous, than over confident/cocky. No?

mines going ok.

how did
    your mock go?
    the careers advisor said that I did good, and i think it went well except when he asked me who the state secretary of health was and I completely forgot his name and after i walked out the room I remembered

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.