The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medicine Applicants 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ashamoh
Last year the UKCAT av for VR was 580 and Plymouth had a cut-off of 550.
So it should deffo go down.
Do you have predicted grades or achieved btw?

All achieved but resitting the grade Bs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 101
Original post by mutlibd1
Hi has the 2014 cut off been established ?? People seem to e mentioning curt off all of a sudden

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the unis don't get the UKCAT score until November. But the average score for each section was released http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2013%20Testing%20Statistics.pdf
Reply 102
Original post by ashamoh
No, the unis don't get the UKCAT score until November. But the average score for each section was released http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2013%20Testing%20Statistics.pdf

Scores have highly increased !! I'm feeling very nervous and feel my score of 702.5 won't be enoug for Exeter or Plymouth
Hope I'm wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
I have applied here :smile: I have the same 702.5 score for UKCAT average and my scores were fairly consistent so hope I meet the cut off :smile: still find it odd how they select applicants for interview based almost entirely on UKCAT yet the cut off isn't impossibly high....
Reply 104
Original post by lara_08
I have applied here :smile: I have the same 702.5 score for UKCAT average and my scores were fairly consistent so hope I meet the cut off :smile: still find it odd how they select applicants for interview based almost entirely on UKCAT yet the cut off isn't impossibly high....

I'm thinking the same . Ukcat heavy unis like Newcastle make it very clear what kind of score is needed however plymouth as well as Exeter are confusing . Having a. High score is almost essential to get an intervene but people get in with scores Which would appear less competitive .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 105
Hello!

Are there any resitting applicants on this thread?

I just achieved AABa (B in Chem) in my A-levels and am working F/T as a Healthcare Assistant at Northampton General Hospital. Also have had a week shadowing surgeons and physicians in different departments.

I am resitting Maths and Chem, and am predicted A* in Maths, A in Chem.

UKCAT Score: VR - 610
QR - 690
AR - 700
DA - 790
SJ - Band 1
(Avg 697.5)

Just pray that this is enough for another interview. (Had one at Exeter and it was appalling...)

Fingers crossed!
Reply 106
Hey guys!

I know someone has already posted about this but I am a first year at Plymouth. If you have any questions about anything I will try and answer them for you. On grades/ UKCAT/ resits students in my year/ gap year students/ uni transfer students now/ clearing/ PBL! Anything!

I can try and give advice about interviews because i'm pretty sure they're coming up. (They were in November last year)..

Just saying Plymouth is amazing! I love it so much!

Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 107
Original post by Sleepy123
Hey guys!

I know someone has already posted about this but I am a first year at Plymouth. If you have any questions about anything I will try and answer them for you. On grades/ UKCAT/ resits students in my year/ gap year students/ uni transfer students now/ clearing/ PBL! Anything!

I can try and give advice about interviews because i'm pretty sure they're coming up. (They were in November last year)..

Just saying Plymouth is amazing! I love it so much!

Good luck :biggrin:

Can you tell me about the interviews? Do they give the 3 ethical scenarios and you pick one, like Exeter? Can you list all the questions that you can remember? ...please :biggrin: :')
Reply 108
Hi guys

I just wanted to double check , are all resit applicants taking an extra as or taking as to a2 or alevel to a star .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
Original post by M_Wigley
Can you tell me about the interviews? Do they give the 3 ethical scenarios and you pick one, like Exeter? Can you list all the questions that you can remember? ...please :biggrin: :')

They will give you an ethical scenario, and you'll pick one to make notes on and discuss.

I can't tell you the questions I had because it would be unfair!! :P But it's very much based on experiences and your feelings.... They're not looking to catch you out, and everyone will be asked the same questions.
Reply 110
Original post by Sleepy123
They will give you an ethical scenario, and you'll pick one to make notes on and discuss.

I can't tell you the questions I had because it would be unfair!! :P But it's very much based on experiences and your feelings.... They're not looking to catch you out, and everyone will be asked the same questions.

Haha it was worthy try :wink: thank you very much :smile:
Reply 111
Original post by MedicalMaureen
Any internationals?

Yes. I`m from Mauritius.

I have applied for 2014 entry.

How about you?
Reply 112
i was really confused about this cause one person i spoke to told me they would prefer for resitters to do that but another person i spoke to said i didnt need to? so i didnt cause im already quite busyyyy so im only retaking my chemistry A2, what about you?
Hi guys

I just wanted to double check , are all resit applicants taking an extra as or taking as to a2 or alevel to a star .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 113
This is the response I received when I emailed them about resitting.

Re: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (BMBS) - Plymouth University, Peninsula School of Medicine & Dentistry (PU PSMD)

Many thanks for your below e-mail with regards to the above mentioned programme.

We are happy to accept applications from students retaking an A-level, providing a minimum of AAB has been achieved at the first attempt (as it has in your case). So that you are under a more similar pressure as those students taking a full complement of A-level exams, we would ask that you either take a new subject of your own choosing to AS-level (excluding General Studies) or take an existing AS-level to full A2 alongside your resit.

Please visit this link for further details on our academic entry requirements etc: https://www1.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/4601/Pages/CourseOverview.aspx This link will give you an overview on the programme, details on entry requirements, non-academic entry requirements, interviews etc.

Please note that this is a busy time of year for the Admissions & Student Support Office and we are currently receiving a high number of e-mails, therefore if you have any further queries please phone the Admissions Office on 01752 437333 and we will be able to help you.

Many thanks for your interest in our University.

Kind regards and best wishes.

Karen

Mrs Karen Sharpe - Assistant Administrator (Admissions)
Admissions & Student Support Team, Professional Services, John Bull Building
Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine & Dentistry (PU PSMD)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
Original post by alina95
i was really confused about this cause one person i spoke to told me they would prefer for resitters to do that but another person i spoke to said i didnt need to? so i didnt cause im already quite busyyyy so im only retaking my chemistry A2, what about you?

Hi yeh I took philosophy yay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
oopsiesss maybe i should have taken up an AS :s-smilie: and ooh sounds interesting!
Hi yeh I took philosophy yay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
Original post by alina95
oopsiesss maybe i should have taken up an AS :s-smilie: and ooh sounds interesting!

Lol I wouldn't worry about it considering how stupid they were about mentioning it . I had to phone 3 times on different occasions to finally be told so I'm sure they will realise there own mistake

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jibraan.e
Yes. I`m from Mauritius.

I have applied for 2014 entry.

How about you?

Hi. Yes I'm from Kenya and I also applied for 2014 entry.

What are your stats?
Reply 118
Original post by MedicalMaureen
Hi. Yes I'm from Kenya and I also applied for 2014 entry.

What are your stats?

A2- Maths,Chem,Bio - 3A*
AS- French, General Paper- A,B
(same sitting)
O-Level: 2A*3A2B

Gap year student

What about yours?
Interview from Plymouth! Anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending