The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medicine Applicants 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Kamatss
If anyone was wondering these are UKCAT cut off for 2014 entry!
VR; 504 QR; 612 AR; 599 DR; 713!

Missed the AR one by 9 points -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh no i missed the cutoff in one section. Did you call them?
And is there any possiblity of anyone gettjg an interview with lower scores than the cutoff? I mean i have a very high average ukcat score :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 141
I called them and asked this morning!
And I don't know but for me I'm not holding out much hope! She said that there is an interview date in February but that is only if they don't manage to give out around 160 offers to the 250 people been invited for interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 142
Original post by Kamatss
I called them and asked this morning!
And I don't know but for me I'm not holding out much hope! She said that there is an interview date in February but that is only if they don't manage to give out around 160 offers to the 250 people been invited for interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

So im guessing all the 250 interview invites went out yesterday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 143
Ohh and looking at last years stalking page i only see one person having had an interview date in feb :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
Hi Andy, i've just been offered an interview for plymouth medical school, do you have any advice at all for preparation?
I have an interview on the 27th. Getting nervous.
Reply 146
I just spoke to the admissions department and the lady said all interviews have been sent out now. The total ukcat score needed was 2671. I've just missed out. :frown:
I'm a resit applicant and I've got an interview for the 27th! Ahhhhhhhh. I have really bad GCSEs too so I'm so shocked!

To the person above how do you know there were only 250 interviews given out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 148
My interview is on the 27th :biggrin:
Ill probably see some of you there :smile:
Original post by MikeyP96
My interview is on the 27th :biggrin:
Ill probably see some of you there :smile:

I'll see you there! :biggrin:
I got my interview on the 28th 😏 I was just wondering are any of you guys going from London to get there and if you are how do you plan to get there cos the trains don't start working early enough for us to get there at 8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by confusedbengali
I got my interview on the 28th 😏 I was just wondering are any of you guys going from London to get there and if you are how do you plan to get there cos the trains don't start working early enough for us to get there at 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go the night before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview on the 27th! Hope i dnt F*** up again!
Reply 153
I met the cutoff but haven't heard anything, any ideas anyone? :confused:
Reply 154
Original post by Sleepy123
Hey guys!

I know someone has already posted about this but I am a first year at Plymouth. If you have any questions about anything I will try and answer them for you. On grades/ UKCAT/ resits students in my year/ gap year students/ uni transfer students now/ clearing/ PBL! Anything!

I can try and give advice about interviews because i'm pretty sure they're coming up. (They were in November last year)..

Just saying Plymouth is amazing! I love it so much!

Good luck :biggrin:

Hi,

I know you have already answered questions about the interview process and I know you get a choice of 3 ethical scenarios.

-I was wondering how long is each ethical scenarios? (like a page of A4, a paragraph etc.)
-And for the questions before the interview - how many questions are there?
- how much would you reccomend writing for each question?

Thankyou!!
i was not expecting interviews so early and with less than 2 weeks to prepare,the panic is setting in as i haven't done any prep yet! Guys help, where do i begin?? :frown: I'm glad they dont do MMIs!
Could you tell me about the interview? I know there are the 3 scenarios but is that all you talk about in the half an hour interview or do they ask general questions too? Also we're there for 5 hours or so. What do you spend the time before the interview doing other than preparing?
It says we need A-leevl certificates, i havent got mine yet, where do we get them?
Interview here:

GCSE's: 2A* 9A 1B 1C
AS': ABBBB
UKCAT: 745

Could anyone clear this up: Will this be their only interview 'wave'. If not how many will be invited to the next?
Reply 159
Don't freak out if you haven't got an interview yet, I have friends who interviewed in February and got a place.

Re the interview, the ethical scenario is about half a page long which you read just before the interview and they will then ask you some questions on it. They won't ask you why you want to become a doctor. Instead it will be questions such as what your proudest achievement is, discuss a difficult decision you had to make, talk about a time you worked as part of a team etc. They will be looking for mature, coherent and relatively concise answers. You don't need to prepare too far in advance and try to find a way to get past the nerves so you can be yourself (this is a lot harder than it sounds so should be the main focus of your interview prep!).

If it is the same as when I did it (which it sounds like it is), you will also be given a questionnaire to answer. For this it would be helpful to read up on current health and NHS issues. The BBC news website and the Guardian are good for this. Rather than the nitty gritty, it would be helpful to have a broad and general view of this.

Good luck and enjoy it :smile: I really enjoyed my interview and made friends that day with fellow interviewees who are now F1s! As an Irish student from a school where no one else was applying through UCAS never mind to UK medical schools, I relied heavily on these forums and newmediamedicine so am happy to help anyone who has any further questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending